NMFC Board Elections

Remove this Banner Ad

It would take a lot of dough and a lot of lobbying to convince them to sell it to us and not some bog money conglomerate

Is it up to the state or council?

I'd need to check but I'm pretty sure Citywide is 100 per cent CoM owned.

They - council and state - can't sell ALL the land around the station to privates, there'll be a very strong community use element.

OK, I'm in a activist mood this morning.

Aside from this, or me sending a sweaty email to B1 and B2, is there actually anything that the rank and file could do to make and/or keep this as a public agenda item for the club?

If you have Facebook set up a page. Then link it to every North page you can. Remember the docklands roof has its own Twitter.

Getting the idea into people's heads is important. If after a year the Arden St games page is in people's minds then it will stay there and they will be more likely to get on board actual activity that helps get us games there.

The board election ballot closed 6pm last night. Given 99% of the voting would have been online, the club would know the result now but no official word yet. Maybe they'll announce it at the AGM tmrw. But what do we read into Paul Crapper cancelling his account?

The board election ballot closed 6pm last night. Given 99% of the voting would have been online, the club would know the result now but no official word yet. Maybe they'll announce it at the AGM tmrw. But what do we read into Paul Crapper cancelling his account?

You tell us 3 post soothsayer?

Quality membership engagement there.

That he played everyone here for suckers.

OK, I'm in a activist mood this morning.

Aside from this, or me sending a sweaty email to B1 and B2, is there actually anything that the rank and file could do to make and/or keep this as a public agenda item for the club?

PM me Chief, I rig elections in South America for a living. I can help.

What would be the most disappointing - that he just found out he lost, and he took his bat and ball and went home? Or that he just found out he won, and cancelled his account because he never had any intention of engaging with supporters once elected?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What would be the most disappointing - that he just found out he lost, and he took his bat and ball and went home? Or that he just found out he won, and cancelled his account because he never had any intention of engaging with supporters once elected?
I guess you'd only be disappointed if you expected anything other than those 2 outcomes. There was never an option C.

I guess you'd only be disappointed if you expected anything other than those 2 outcomes. There was never an option C.

Given that he has definitely cancelled his account, then yes, those are the only two possibilities. The outcome I would have preferred is that win or lose, he stuck around to either engage as he promised, or build rapport over the next 12 months to have another crack.

Yeh can't see anything on here that would've put him off.

Stuff like people asking him questions about his media experience after he ballyhooed his media experience and one Google search kind of shot that apart?

If that put him off, well, harden up Crapper. People are going to dump on you Crapper. You've got to learn to take s**t Crapper.

Maybe Tef went with him?

For a man that averages 22 posts a day, he hasn't been seen in almost 2 weeks and he's not banned....

Maybe another couple of years sabbatical has occured.....

Nothing really.

He obviously didn't get in (which is no great surprise), said he doesn't do social media = sayonara.

Pretty straightforward.

Nothing really.

He obviously didn't get in (which is no great surprise), said he doesn't do social media = sayonara.

Pretty straightforward.

Not doing social is accepting defeat from the outset.

He should have stuck around and built a constituency and a campaign for next year.

Not doing social is accepting defeat from the outset.

He should have stuck around and built a constituency and a campaign for next year.
He'd need to be doing it for a long while to build believable rapport as well as a presence. I think combined with the fact that he ticked the right board member boxes, but wasn't given an endorsement, meant he knew he was totally pushing s**t up hill.

The closed shop still remains and I don't think the bloke was so stupid as to waste time and energy on a no win situation.

If the board had knocked his candidacy back and it would have looked bad because it would have been bad.

Good on him for having a go, but it is pretty obvious from this thread that he hadn't done his homework.

Interesting - I would think it doesn’t auger well. Good on him for having a crack at it I suppose. Notice he has deleted his linkedin too - must think he would be trolled. Oh well.

Interesting - I would think it doesn’t auger well. Good on him for having a crack at it I suppose. Notice he has deleted his linkedin too - must think he would be trolled. Oh well.
I don't do linkedin either, but is trolling even a thing on what is essentially a work profile site?

I wouldn't have thought so.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back