NMFC Board Elections

Remove this Banner Ad

8 posts in 7 years? Yeah looks pretty sus.

I thought the mods could tell by IP.

It is how they sprung him on that other thread.

That post doesn't read like Crappers to me.

8 posts in 7-8 years is proof enough for me that this is gospel. :thumbsu:

............and on the same day I mentioned us having a sociologist on the North board. :think:

Anyway, vent away. At least your not turning on the players while this keeps you busy.:thumbsu:

I thought the mods could tell by IP.

It is how they sprung him on that other thread.

That post doesn't read like Crappers to me.

It's ironic.

Club admin and power brokers hang s**t on BF regularly, Heath quits in disgust with some parting shots.....

Probably the same types pop onto BF once every 7 years to spread gossip among the rank and file when needed to knife their opponents......

It's ironic.

Club admin and power brokers hang sh*t on BF regularly, Heath quits in disgust with some parting shots.....

Probably the same types pop onto BF once every 7 years to spread gossip among the rank and file when needed to knife their opponents......

Why would they need to knife someone who they'd already beaten - going by your theory?

Is it too late to contact the returning officer and ask for my vote back?

Yikes..
With respect, why did you vote for him? Crappers being a complete bell-end didn't exactly sneak up on us. It was always going to be tip of the iceberg stuff with the performance he put on on here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nail in the coffin then.

Get it out with the rank and file, so he never challenges again.

Well, if he has asked for his membership to be refunded you'd think he's taken his bat and ball and gone home anyway.

With respect, why did you vote for him? Crappers being a complete bell-end didn't exactly sneak up on us. It was always going to be tip of the iceberg stuff with the performance he put on on here.

I wonder how many voted for him because of his claim to be "independent" who wouldn't have if they'd known he was actually just a front man for a well known figure.

Apparently it was PDR.

PDR on record supporting him and making calls on his behalf.

Which is all fine. But Crappers pretending to be independent man of the people was rich.

PDR on record supporting him and making calls on his behalf.

Which is all fine. But Crappers pretending to be independent man of the people was rich.

Yeah, but PDR making calls on his behalf doesn't make him a PDR stooge.

PDR never liked the boys club we've got at board level, I imagine he would have done the same for any outsider running.

There was something NQR about Crapper from the start. He got found out pretty quickly in here. I don’t want someone on the board of our club that can be dismantled so easily.
He posted word soup here and got defensive when asked for substance. Not a good look. However it remains to be seen if his opponents would have handled it any differently if they chose the path of jumping on a online footy forum, so it's difficult to use that as a measure against those opponents.

He posted word soup here and got defensive when asked for substance. Not a good look. However it remains to be seen if his opponents would have handled it any differently if they chose the path of jumping on a online footy forum, so it's difficult to use that as a measure against those opponents.

Just be genuine and they’ll be fine

I more or less ignored his pitch (the members voice, in particular) and simply thought his board and governance experience was good. I thought he would make a good contribution around the table, it's really that simple.

I also voted early, before any links with PDR became known. Not that would have necessarily made a difference, given Sonja has many links with the Scanlons (at least hers are obvious), and frankly, I wouldn't know anything about PDR anyway. Over here on the west coast, and never really taking any interest in board matters until the last few years, I have no idea who he is (other than that he was involved in the past), what his background is, why he's controversial, what he looks like, anything.

The pile on about media experience I also basically ignored - again on the basis that I thought he was just trying to run a campaign that made him differentiated from the others, but his underlying experience was what I voting for. Naive on his part to campaign that way, but I thought it was forgivable at the time I voted, which is probably naive on my part, in retrospect.

It all made sense to me at the time, and the fact he's proven to be a media007/tosser is disappointing, but there you go.

(The one I didn't vote for was Archer - huge conflict of interest being on the panel that appointed Rhyce and then coming onto the board as football director. Even if we didn't win again this season, do you think he'll be around the board table saying "we might have made a mistake with Rhyce"?)

For what it's worth, I also have issues with the self-selected nature of most boards, it just gets on my nerve. And I've done it myself - you literally sit around the table and say "what skills do we need? And who do we know who has those skills?" And then you go out and get them. (That's been borne out by independent academic research into corporate governance, just wish I could remember the reference....) So while I think Sonja Hood is an excellent candidate, and I voted for her, the process shits me. It will probably be a decade before we have another board election, and we'll be worse off for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back