NMFC Board Elections

Remove this Banner Ad

Paul Crapper

Cancelled
Jan 31, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
After 37 years as a NMFC member and as a qualified and experienced Director, I thought I would introduce myself to the Big Footy Community following the opening of NMFC Board voting today. I’m the first person for some years to be cleared by the independent nominations committee to stand for the NMFC Board and force an election.

I’m keen to represent the “rank and file” member and ensure NMFC will always be based in Melbourne.

Look me up on LinkedIn.

Cheers
Paul

After 37 years as a NMFC member and as a qualified and experienced Director, I thought I would introduce myself to the Big Footy Community following the opening of NMFC Board voting today. I’m the first person for some years to be cleared by the independent nominations committee to stand for the NMFC Board and force an election.

I’m keen to represent the “rank and file” member and ensure NMFC will always be based in Melbourne.

Look me up on LinkedIn.

Cheers
Paul
Hello, best of luck with your nomination.

I have two questions;

1- what's your position on Tasmania and our presence there?

2- did a relative of yours really invent the toilet?
(Getting this out of the way early so the rest of you scumbags can ask normal questions)

Hello, best of luck with your nomination.

I have two questions;

1- what's your position on Tasmania and our presence there?

I don’t support a full move to Tasmania. A couple games but NMFC must always be a Melbourne club.

2- did a relative of yours really invent the toilet?
(Getting this out of the way early so the rest of you scumbags can ask normal questions)

Correct Thomas Crapper a great great uncle invented the plumbing at the back of the toilet.

Another great uncle Frank Crapper still holds the most goals by a NM player against St.Kilda.....9 in 1936.

If you get nominated-

-explain the continued use of the anarchism that is the Raffle

- develop a Members only Media site

- do something about the Away debacle seats when we play Essendon

- do something about the arrangements that sees Opposition Supporters sitting in Reserved Nmfc seating areas

If you get nominated-

-explain the continued use of the anarchism that is the Raffle

- develop a Members only Media site

- do something about the Away debacle seats when we play Essendon

- do something about the arrangements that sees Opposition Supporters sitting in Reserved Nmfc seating areas

All of the above are issues that I can understand and in the case of the last 2 have really annoyed me!

We will see. I stand on the breadth and depth of what I can bring to the club and how I can connect to the members and supporters. A fresh set of eyes....
Thanks for engaging with us here, really appreciate it.

Just wondering what you see as the key roles of a board member of a footy club are and how your skills and experience will make you a good contributor.

Thanks for engaging with us here, really appreciate it.

Just wondering what you see as the key roles of a board member of a footy club are and how your skills and experience will make you a good contributor.

My reply:

I see business skills and qualifications to ensure the sustainability and growth of the club as critical.

It is then important for the Board to ensure the organisation delivers for its stakeholders eg. Members and the broader supporter base. That means engaging with them and listening to them and delivering value and change.

I don’t see the need for me to have played for the club, there are plenty whose job it is to ensure on field success.

Some times it is time for a change and a new set of eyes....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look me up on LinkedIn.

Cheers
Paul
Hi Paul

Good luck with the election. I’m vouching for you for no other reason other than you made it past the bullshit rule that is being a vetoed nominee.
Any member should be able to nominate. Perhaps raising this at future meetings might be in the pipeline.

Also you have a presence on here and if you get elected will continue to be the only club official linked to the site other than Euge who is nearly 8 years gone.

The last person who interacted with us is no longer with the club and that in itself speaks volumes.

Also, I ask if Tasmania is to gain its own team what is your stance on making up the lost revenue from shifting home games away from Hobart?

What doors will you open for our club that haven’t already been opened?

I mean sponsorship, government relations, buisiness opportunities etc.

My reply:

After over 20 years as a Director in business and government I have developed numerous relationships across the areas you have mentioned. Some will be new whilst others will explore “new angles”. Boards and organisations need to review and revisit as well as explore new opportunities.

Hi Paul

Good luck with the election. I’m vouching for you for no other reason other than you made it past the bullshit rule that is being a vetoed nominee.
Any member should be able to nominate. Perhaps raising this at future meetings might be in the pipeline.

Also you have a presence on here and if you get elected will continue to be the only club official linked to the site other than Euge who is nearly 8 years gone.

The last person who interacted with us is no longer with the club and that in itself speaks volumes.

Also, I ask if Tasmania is to gain its own team what is your stance on making up the lost revenue from shifting home games away from Hobart?

My Reply:

As long as that Tasmanian Team is not us!

Your question is a very good one and not one that will be easy to answer. If I get on the Board I will consider all options including listening to options proposed by our members, as we have some very successful and influential members out there.

Needless to say I’m sure the AFL will have something to say on the subject, but that will need to be balanced with what we hear from all our stakeholders including our members.

If I get on the Board I will consider all options including listening to options proposed by our members, as we have some very successful and influential members out there.

Paul, please individually list why you are a better candidate than 1) Ben Buckley, 2) Glen Archer and 3) Sonia Hood.

Could you also explain to the members your plans to 1) raise North membership numbers, 2) improve our AFL on field performance and 3) plans, if any, for developments of the Arden Street reserve.

Please don't respond with empty, generic, bureaucratic word salad.

Convince me and you have my vote.

Hi All

I note all members are supposed to get emails re the vote. I haven’t good one yet, what about you guys?

Emails must be sent out as promised if the vote is to be transparent and not hidden away in a corner of the NMFC website.

Regards
Paul

2- did a relative of yours rally invent the toilet?

Correct Thomas Crapper a great great uncle invented the plumbing at the back of the toilet.

Another great uncle Frank Crapper still holds the most goals by a NM player against St.Kilda.....9 in 1936.

Tough crowd to live up to!

Paul, please individually list why you are a better candidate than 1) Ben Buckley, 2) Glen Archer and 3) Sonia Hood.

Could you also explain to the members your plans to 1) raise North membership numbers, 2) improve our AFL on field performance and 3) plans, if any, for developments of the Arden Street reserve.

Please don't respond with empty, generic, bureaucratic word salad.

Convince me and you have my vote.

I see where your line of question is coming from. I encourage to read the candidate statements.

As the first member not culled by the independent elections nominations committee for some years, I think the benefit of members voting speaks for itself. Rather than simply seeing people invited onto the Board and members being told later.

I see where your line of question is coming from. I encourage to read the candidate statements.

As the first member not culled by the independent elections nominations committee for some years, I think the benefit of members voting speaks for itself. Rather than simply seeing people invited onto the Board and members being told later.

Word salad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back