NMFC Board Elections

Remove this Banner Ad

How are journos not tracking this thread and making a mountain out of a molehill from the upcoming election.
God knows I would. I mean this is how far the media has fallen. Once upon a time football, politics and small club used to be a gutter journos triumvirate. Not anymore.

Champion Data stats are a lead story in 2020. And yes I know I shouldn’t be surprised but the afl media is a cesspool of ineptitude.

Hey Paul, where do you stand on the social club medallion? I know it’s trivial but I think it’s symbolic of the diminishing value of the membership pack, as is the attempted move away from an actual membership ticket.

While ideally the club history cabinet is filled with trophies the other paraphernalia is also interesting; the old player cap, membership tickets etc. I think moving away from these physical momento’s is a huge mistake, and has removed the one thing in the member pack I really liked. Will you bring this back?

Hey Paul, where do you stand on the social club medallion? I know it’s trivial but I think it’s symbolic of the diminishing value of the membership pack, as is the attempted move away from an actual membership ticket.

While ideally the club history cabinet is filled with trophies the other paraphernalia is also interesting; the old player cap, membership tickets etc. I think moving away from these physical momento’s is a huge mistake, and has removed the one thing in the member pack I really liked. Will you bring this back?

QOUTE:

Realistically we need to know why changes occur. Another example of members not knowing. Is it a cost decision? Were members asked for their opinion?

A digital membership is a sign of the times, look at the number of people who have their credit card on the mobile phone these days and don’t carry a wallet.

For the older crew, myself included, who have sentimental value attached to collecting years of membership tickets I hope it continues.

From a practical point of view, a digital membership is less likely to put my back out due to the size of my wallet leaving me unbalanced in my L2 membership seat!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He has shown up, and that places him head and shoulders above the rest of them, as far as character goes.

He's also the only one who even remotely claims to be independent.

Showing up on Big Footy puts him head and shoulders above the rest? He showed up and folded under some pretty tame questions yet is aiming to be a disruptive voice on the board. How do you think he’ll go once he’s put under pressure by Buckley, Archer, Amarfio & co?

A digital membership is a sign of the times, look at the number of people who have their credit card on the mobile phone these days and don’t carry a wallet.

For the older crew, myself included, who have sentimental value attached to collecting years of membership tickets I hope it continues.

From a practical point of view, a digital membership is less likely to put my back out due to the size of my wallet leaving me unbalanced in my L2 membership seat!

It is indeed a sign of the times. Yet the club is dealing with members and their personal connection to the club’s history. And it’s that connection to the clubs history that is behind most of the concerns I’m reading on here.

This is not the answer Sonja's pals wanted to see.

Can you add any freemason type conspiracies involving the blood sacrifice of small children? Perhaps an old relationship with Harvey Weinstein? What is your position on climate change

Thanks BigFooty Ben Jacobs.

I haven’t read all the thread, but did he say he’ll continue to post on here if he gets a spot? Even after they ask him not to?

Bigfooty is one channel a members advocate can use to connect to members. So wouldn’t I continue....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You mentioned early in the thread that a current board member used to post on here but stopped at the request of the board.

Do you know the reasons they had for wanting them to stop?

No I don’t. As I am not privy to the workings of the club. A members advocate however must find channels to connect with members and supporters.

No I don’t. As I am not privy to the workings of the club. A members advocate however must find channels to connect with members and supporters.
What are the other channels that you had in mind? Anything different from the current methods?

Ben Buckley, Glenn Archer and Sonja Hood..............will you even BEGIN to post on this board?

Snake, I don’t believe there’s going to be any mileage to be gained for Sonja, Ben and Arch to post on here. Ben and Arch are running on their record and Sonja isn’t going to convince anyone one way or the other. Everybody already has a fairly entrenched view about her. Paul, on the other hand, has everything to gain and nothing to lose. Sure, it would be nice to hear from them - maybe, to give us more of a sense of involvement.

A dedicated email address for members and finding speaking and engagement opportunities with member and supporter groups are the key ones. Has to be two way communication.
A dedicated email address is very 20th century. Social media is a much better platform for actual engagement.

Snake, I don’t believe there’s going to be any mileage to be gained for Sonja, Ben and Arch to post on here. Ben and Arch are running on their record and Sonja isn’t going to convince anyone one way or the other. Everybody already has a fairly entrenched view about her. Paul, on the other hand, has everything to gain and nothing to lose. Sure, it would be nice to hear from them - maybe, to give us more of a sense of involvement.

Exactly. It’d be tokenism at best. Still spewing Heath doesn’t post on here anymore tbh

I agree mate, but surely you can see that these tactics ultimately reveal that Paul Crapper is the only possible independent factor in this election?

It's basic logic!

A dedicated email address for members and finding speaking and engagement opportunities with member and supporter groups are the key ones. Has to be two way communication.
Yea, email address is nothing new. Particularly if it falls back to generic replies as often they can.

But a front up and talk speaking engagements, which im guessing means more than the AGM(?), THAT is interesting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back