NMFC Board Elections

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
As a member advocate to listen to, engage with and discuss member issues and concerns at the Board.

Sonja won't provide this? I happen to agree.

I gotta let you know that there's isn't across the board support for the AFLW amongst the membership, or the AFL department, but you might already know that.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Paul, how could you do this to Snake? And on Valentines Day?!!

1581627497098.png

Paul Crapper

Cancelled
Jan 31, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Sonja won't provide this? I happen to agree.

I gotta let you know that there's isn't across the board support for the AFLW amongst the membership, or the AFL department, but you might already know that.

Totally understand. As a member based organisation, there will always be a diversity of member opinions. The question is: do you think that diversity of opinion is listened to or responded to?

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
If only Arden would stand for the board.

We currently have automatons, so what difference would it make?

The members as a whole certainly wouldn't get any representation.

I am a strong supporter of AFLW and I am a foundation member of the NMFC AFLW team.

One of the key reasons I'd have voted for you this time if you'd been a bit more forthcoming initially.

As I say, with a decent engagement strategy you should easily get elected to the board. Try again next year imo.

There's clearly an opening for an anti-AFLW board member given the massive feeling against it within the membership base and club I keep hearing about.

One of you blokes should stand next year.

I look forward to the campaign.

There's clearly an opening for an anti-AFLW board member given the massive feeling against it within the membership base and club I keep hearing about.

No no, you see they are all silent. They're actually dedicated monks, fuelled by their "disinterest" in AFLW. Wouldn't work.

No no, you see they are all silent. They're actually dedicated monks, fuelled by their "disinterest" in AFLW. Wouldn't work.

They've been bullied the poor buggers.

4 votes already for him too, maybe should have asked some harder hitting questions.

LOL so hard at teh anti-AFLW types voting for a foundation member of the AFLW side.

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers

Spell check took the "er" off that last word.

Abolish the Women's Team faction meeting in a Errol Street phone booth, 7pm tonight.

Bring mouthguards.

The ones up near the town hall, they can into the public dunnies in the middle of Queensberry Street there and have rough sex with each other afterwards.

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
Totally understand. As a member based organisation, there will always be a diversity of member opinions. The question is: do you think that diversity of opinion is listened to or responded to?
Taking into account this "diversity of member opinions", and as a "members' advocate", how do you decide which group of diverse opinions you listen to? For instance, as a supporter of the AFLW side, how would you respond if there was a groundswell of opposition to its existence?

And does your positioning as a members' advocate imply that other board members are not advocating for members? If not, who are they advocating for? Are they in it for themselves? Or if they are advocating for members, how will you be any different to them?

Back