NMFC Board Elections

There was a lot of heated debate on here over the last few weeks.

I take it all the same posters attended the AGM and can share how it went?

A many thousand strong contingent of real North supporters who don't like the W team massed out the front but were denied entry by the hired goons of the Buckley regime of enforced wokeness.

Maybe Tef went with him?

For a man that averages 22 posts a day, he hasn't been seen in almost 2 weeks and he's not banned....

Maybe another couple of years sabbatical has occured.....

I don't think it's a coincidence we've had a couple of new accounts show up here lately and then disappear.

I suspect there's a level of suspension/ban that doesn't publicly show with the new forum.

Or, maybe it's like you said and he's enjoying another extended stay as a guest of HRM.

Jul 11, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I don't think it's a coincidence we've had a couple of new accounts show up here lately and then disappear.

I suspect there's a level of suspension/ban that doesn't publicly show with the new forum.

Or, maybe it's like you said and he's enjoying another extended stay as a guest of HRM.
Nah, pretty sure he's just surfing the twitters where he doesn't need to encounter opposing viewpoints unless he wants to.
A safe space, if you will.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Nah, pretty sure he's just surfing the twitters where he doesn't need to encounter opposing viewpoints unless he wants to.
A safe space, if you will.

Disagree with him all you want, but this place is at its best when it’s filled with posters with different ways of thinking, or looking at things.

Otherwise we’ll end up like a bunch of stepford wives

I voted for Paul. Not that I necessarily thought he’d be a better candidate than the others but the idea of having legitimate options for candidates appeals to me.

I’d be interested to know how many votes he got compared to the others and have a bit bit more insight on the vetting process from his perspective.

I wonder now whether he would have canned the account even if he won.

Jul 11, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Disagree with him all you want, but this place is at its best when it’s filled with posters with different ways of thinking, or looking at things.

I agree with you, which is why I'm disappointed. I've had some pretty robust disagreements with him and he's usually fairly respectful with me.
However, he never actually responded to my efforts to go and find the facts and numbers re. AFLW, which I think is pretty poor form.

Much like Mr. Crapper's form post election

Orange Peanut

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Agree with the sentiment, but Snake lost the plot recently. Hijacking threads, making threats, just generally fricken angry with the world.
Talking about North should be the most relaxing thing in the world, and logging on here had started to become as depressing as going to work.
He was almost making the forum unreadable.
Hopefully he's happier and less combative when he returns. 👍

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I agree with you, which is why I'm disappointed. I've had some pretty robust disagreements with him and he's usually fairly respectful with me.
However, he never actually responded to my efforts to go and find the facts and numbers re. AFLW, which I think is pretty poor form.

Much like Mr. Crapper's form post election

Crappers showed his true colours early in his campaign thread

Agree with the sentiment, but Snake lost the plot recently. Hijacking threads, making threats, just generally fricken angry with the world.
Talking about North should be the most relaxing thing in the world, and logging on here had started to become as depressing as going to work.

Fair enough, I must’ve missed something. It’s been a long off season and I’ve only really paid attention to player threads and the random thread.

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool

Yeah, nah. There are different, more respectful, ways of doing it.

Recently?

Hear, hear!!

Returns? :(

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yeah, nah. There are different, more respectful, ways of doing it.

Recently?

Hear, hear!!

Returns? :(

Not sure what you mean Kimbo? He’s always treated me with respect. We’ve been miles apart on our opinions on many things but he’s never been disrespectful to me, nor I to him.

From my perspective, the people that accuse him of being abusive or whatever are the same people that bag him at every opportunity, even when he has them on ignore. That makes me question what their motives are? Wouldn’t the logical thing to do be to also place him on ignore? Then the board can just keep ticking over.

Edit- sorry if there’s any grammar or spelling mistakes Kimbo

Will be interesting to see if anyone bothers to run next year as I believe (unconfirmed) some may actually be finishing. If so let's watch the board invite their nominees onto the board a few months ahead of the AGM so they stand as incumbents.

I voted for Paul. Not that I necessarily thought he’d be a better candidate than the others but the idea of having legitimate options for candidates appeals to me.

I’d be interested to know how many votes he got compared to the others and have a bit bit more insight on the vetting process from his perspective.

I wonder now whether he would have canned the account even if he won.

In the past, they have published the numbers.

Colbys Boots

Premium Gold
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
According to Peter de Rauch, Paul Crapper secured less than 20 votes on his own. De Rauch obtained an additional 150 votes by personally phoning contacts and convincing them to vote for his preferred candidate.

longlivenmfc

Team Captain
Nov 27, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
According to Peter de Rauch, Paul Crapper secured less than 20 votes on his own. De Rauch obtained an additional 150 votes by personally phoning contacts and convincing them to vote for his preferred candidate.

848D41EF-A673-4509-B72A-B289E3A6C81D.gif

Back