Training NMFC in Utah 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Utah on again this year? Has there ever been a review of the value to us of high altitude training?

Yes, according to one of the players interviewed post season (cannot recall who exactly). Dunno but I presume the entire club and it's activities are reviewed every year.

http://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2017-10-27/roos-utah-bound

North Melbourne’s future stars are hitting the pre-season early with a two week intensive training camp in Utah.

The club’s first-to-four-year players began the long journey to the United States on Friday.

As in previous years, the nature of the training is more challenging with the high altitude environment making breathing very difficult especially during exercise.

Sessions involve lengthy hikes, time trials, skills, cross training, interval training, circuit training and weights at the United States Ski & Snowboard Association facility.

The 19-man playing group headed to Deer Valley in Park City includes:
Jy Simpkin
Declan Watson
Josh Williams
Nick Larkey
Oscar Junker
Cameron Zurhaar
Ben McKay
Ryan Clarke
Mitch Hibberd
Declan Mountford
Braydon Preuss
Sam Durdin
Ed Vickers-Willis
Daniel Nielson
Kayne Turner
Paul Ahern
Luke McDonald
Trent Dumont
Jed Anderson

The players will be accompanied by Brad Scott, Leigh Tudor and new High Performance Manager Jona Segal, among a host of other support staff.

Hope Utah is out of range of those North Koreans.
Centre of the USA, should be largely right, although some long range ballistic missiles have the range from Pyongyang to hit a lot of the USA west coast.

I'm more worried about Australia's missile defence shield/screen, it needs work.

Im more concerned about the Mormons. Would hate to hear that Jy Simpkin had been beaten to death with a religious text.

Love the early strategy and the crew that's going over. Might send things in the right direction. These guys get to set their personal and group expectations and think early about what can be achieved this year....then come back and do a full pre-season with the leaders.

North Melbourne’s future stars are hitting the pre-season early with a two week intensive training camp in Utah.

The club’s first-to-four-year players began the long journey to the United States on Friday.

As in previous years, the nature of the training is more challenging with the high altitude environment making breathing very difficult especially during exercise.

Sessions involve lengthy hikes, time trials, skills, cross training, interval training, circuit training and weights at the United States Ski & Snowboard Association facility.

Jy Simpkin
Declan Watson
Josh Williams
Nick Larkey
Oscar Junker
Cameron Zurhaar
Ben McKay
Ryan Clarke
Mitch Hibberd
Declan Mountford
Braydon Preuss
Sam Durdin
Ed Vickers-Willis
Daniel Nielson
Kayne Turner
Paul Ahern
Luke McDonald
Trent Dumont
Jed Anderson

The players will be accompanied by Brad Scott, Leigh Tudor and new High Performance Manager Jona Segal, among a host of other support staff.

Give Luke Captaincy responsibilities for the trip, will lead this group one day.

Give Luke Captaincy responsibilities for the trip, will lead this group one day.
Yeah I would have thought someone else from the leadership group would have accompanied the players. Silver is pretty much the only one who has decided to join the youth brigade. Personally I would have liked a couple of the 25-30 year olds putting their hands up to tag along.

Aside from that however, I love the sentiment around the Utah trips. Apart from any physical benefits, I reckon it's critical in bonding our large contingent of draftees and youth who need to understand what it is to be a Shinboner, to support one another and love the club. They'll very quickly learn playing for North that it's essentially an us against them mentality, especially in the way the media perpetually attempts to marginalise us.
Utah is a chance to create and reinforce a brotherhood, help the new players understand the great history behind our club and start dreaming about what it will mean when they bring home our 5th premiership and stick it right up'em.

Jy Simpkin
Declan Watson
Josh Williams
Nick Larkey
Oscar Junker
Cameron Zurhaar
Ben McKay
Ryan Clarke
Mitch Hibberd
Declan Mountford
Braydon Preuss
Sam Durdin
Ed Vickers-Willis
Daniel Nielson
Kayne Turner
Paul Ahern
Luke McDonald
Trent Dumont
Jed Anderson

Good news that scott will be going (unable to last year). Will give him more time to focus on the younger brigade. Before anyone feels the need to critique the trip (happens every year):

1. Players pay their own way
2. Great bonding experience and a chance for the younger guys to grow as a team

Interesting that watson is going. I thought his knee was still on the mend. I think junker could be a dark horse to take mullets spot this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Centre of the USA, should be largely right, although some long range ballistic missiles have the range from Pyongyang to hit a lot of the USA west coast.

I'm more worried about Australia's missile defence shield/screen, it needs work.

Not what I heard....... our shields and screens are world class and it would be pointless for the Nth Koreans to attack us with their LONG distance missiles.

You hearin me ?

Not what I heard....... our shields and screens are world class and it would be pointless for the Nth Koreans to attack us with their LONG distance missiles.

You hearin me ?
I can never get sarcasm on the internet.

Our new air warfare destroyers will have excellent missile defence systems, but they will probably have issues like our Collins subs.

We don't technically have a missile defence shield, but we do have anti-missile weaponry/tech and logistical weapons arrangements with the USA. The issue is being discussed by politicians ATM:
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...e/news-story/628221c2450410cab6781c9d6c9f7c9c

Korean missiles can only hit the bases in north Australia, not including Townsville, so we are fine.

Back on topic, I hope they cover the Utah trip with plenty of footage as per usual.

Should we be concerned that neither Wright nor Jacob are on this trip. I would have thought it would be valuable to their fitness if they were capable of Standing upright.

Should we be concerned that neither Wright nor Jacob are on this trip. I would have thought it would be valuable to their fitness if they were capable of Standing upright.

No.

I wonder why we just dont go to Mt Buller and be friends there for a couple of weeks.

No.

I wonder why we just dont go to Mt Buller and be friends there for a couple of weeks.
Mount buller got an indoor training facility the size of a football field? Mount buller got the facilities we need? Mount buller got american sporting teams that our boys enjoying seeing in their down time?

That's what i thought!

kGHiDQI_d.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back