Prediction NMFC Rising Star 2019

Which NMFC player will get the most rising star votes in 2019?

• LDU

Votes: 28 59.6%
  • Tarryn Thomas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Will Walker

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Bailey Scott

Votes: 17 36.2%
  • Curtis Taylor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Joel Crocker

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 6, 2006
Hong Kong
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We have some rare talent this year and with LDU being held back last year he is still eligible to win it. We don't get a lot of nominations but I reckon from this field we might get a few this year. Thoughts?

All going well, I'd expect Scott and LDU to get nominations, maybe Thomas if he has the luck to have a good game at the right time.

Not sure if any will wind up in the votes. Walsh, Lukosius, Rankine have best-22 slots locked in and there will be others wind up.

(though it wouldn't surprise me if LDU had a better season statistically than Walsh).

i went with ldu just over scott. they will both get nominations at least.

i would have picked walker if he was fit and had a preseason. not sure what he will be capable of now but i rate him so highly.

A clear run at the best 22 for as many weeks as possible puts LDU in the box seat, Bailey will have more of a task for fighting for a spot.

I think it's clear to me Brad wants to unleash Luke to the competition this year, he was clear from the outset that he didn't expect anything of him in the first year, and just to make sure he gets properly acquainted with AFL level and the game plan.

Now when Brad speaks of him, he clearly wants him in the team, he has an expectation of his level of play and he's eager to now hype him up for fans.

Bailey's a smokey, he's that good that early, but this year is time to unleash the midfield beast within.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LDU is definitely the better player at this stage, but I wouldn't be surprised if Scott has the better year.

I think our logjam in the middle is going to see LDU move around a lot throughout the year and he'll have to play a lot of roles that he isn't comfortable with. Scott on the other hand has a clear role for him in the side so he's going to benefit a lot from continuity and having a role that's suited to his strengths.

If LDU was in a side where he could be a top 3 clearance mid he'd probably win the whole thing, but I think he will struggle a little being behind Cunnington, Ahern, Higgins, Anderson, Tyson and Jacobs if he is even still alive.

LDU gonna * s**t up this year.

LDU.

He looked a completely different player to what we saw last year. In the 2 JLT games he wasn't fumbling, panicking or second guessing himself like he did in his handful of games last year. Genuinely excited to see what he can deliver in 19.

Back