Past Coach NMFC Senior Coach - David Noble has parted ways with NMFC

Coaches of the past.

Remove this Banner Ad

You all need to take a good hard look at yourselves.

We now have long term posters attacking themselves.

View attachment 1445064
ha ha, he doesn't even know who he's trolling these days. Such a bitter and twisted soul. Anyway, he's back on ignore so I don't have to listen to his abuse anymore. But I would like to say, I'm not surprised one of your mates gets away with the s**t he posts about others on here.

I happened on a post from King on twitter from earlier this year. He mentioned there has only been 2 rebuild coaches that survived their teams rebuild in the last 30 years.
You have to take the massive hit to any coaching record you might have to put your hand up for one of the hardest coaching gigs.

The rebuild process takes another victim.

ha ha, he doesn't even know who he's trolling these days. Such a bitter and twisted soul. Anyway, he's back on ignore so I don't have to listen to his abuse anymore. But I would like to say, I'm not surprised one of your mates gets away with the s**t he posts about others on here.

RIP Mavs.

I happened on a post from King on twitter from earlier this year. He mentioned there has only been 2 rebuild coaches that survived their teams rebuild in the last 30 years.
You have to take the massive hit to any coaching record you might have to put your hand up for one of the hardest coaching gigs.

The rebuild process takes another victim.
Yep, he's referring to this:

She finally deleted it, thank god
Name and shame imo. That's the lowest of the low. Isn't a psychologist appointment meant to be confidential? At least it was last time I checked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, very sad for what seems a terrific bloke and a veteran football person. Hasn't worked out. I was on record earlier in the year as saying that I thought a fifth coach in four years would be a bad decision, and that I believed Noble needed more time and a more complete list. Obviously that was before the bye and we showed nothing after the bye and I understand the on field stuff with the ever louder beating drums of player discontent, plus our obvious love heart eyes at Clarkson, meant we had to pull the trigger now or risk being left at the altar

I still maintain this won't be an overnight fix and even if it is Clarkson, it will be a while before we see consistent positive results. The list remains too young and inexperienced, the kids we are pinning our hopes on are not ready yet, and there is too much dead wood on the list that isn't going to be there when we are contending next. Sacking Noble doesn't fix those problems but it does solve what I think are two critical problems - we aren't winning games/giving the membership base anything to look forward to, AND it clears the deck for us to approach Clarkson. For that I think the decision had to be made, and I think Sonja and Ben made the right call in doing so

For me the grandstanding over Noble leaving and celebrating the demise of a man who I have no doubt wanted the best for this football club, who went outside of his comfort zone as an administrator to give coaching a red hot dip, is pretty off kilter. It's not everybody on the board, and by and large sitting back and reading the commentary people are pretty supportive of old mate. But this is a good man, who wanted to win here and win well, and it hasn't worked out. He deserves respect, certainly ours and the larger footy world's, for taking the job that many have pointed out is a thankless one - the coach that coaches before the winning starts. Neeld before Goodwin, etc. Whoever was coaching the Tigers before Hardwick.

Where I would suggest any angst towards Noble should be aimed instead is at Paul Roos. Noble came here or was appointed on Roos' recommendation. Instead of providing Noble with ongoing, in person support, we know Roos has subsequently spent his time in Hawaii, thousands of kilometres and a Zoom connection away, providing leadership consultancy to a club which for what seems like four years has been utterly bereft of on field leadership, and certainly during the hub failed Rhyce Shaw on the support and off-field leadership fronts. We are paying him an exorbitant amount of money to sit on the beach and get his USA visa - if we are getting rid of Noble, then the very next phone call made after the press conference should be with a USA country code in front of it, to tell Roos he's no longer needed. Him and Gerard Murphy or whatever that faceless blokes name is. No more chucking good money after bad.

I want the best coach for our young players and for the future of the club. If it's Clarkson then terrific, open up the cheque book. If it's Pyke then same. I also dont hate the idea of Buckley or Hird as I think they're proven winners; this board has a weird thing about both but I genuinely couldn't care who they played for, as long as they came here and bought into what the club stands for, what the players want, and brought an attractive, winning game style. I certainly don't like the framing some outlets have already run with; i.e McVeigh putting his hand up and Fox running with "well there's at least one candidate!!!1 lol"

It's a job for which there are 18 roles in the country. It has prestige, it has responsibility and if you're good at it you get to do it for a long time. Ours is no less an attractive role than any other club, it has good young players ready to be taught, who are bursting at the seams to get better. It has ******* LDU ready to tear the competition apart. There will be applicants out the wazoo. We just need to trust the panel picking Nobles replacement that they'll get the appointment right - and for mine, the line starts at Clarkson and works its way down

Good luck to Patch too. A North man in the blood. From whatever suburban club he was at - Croydon? - to an AFL senior coaching job in like four years. Go well Patchy
I’m not very good with the putting together of words thing but if I was, this is what it would look like.
Great post

The personal attacks are really tiresome. I get there’s some crap quality posting going around, but not every thread needs to be taken up with posters attacking each other.

Anyway, rip David noble. I was genuinely excited when we hired him, for once it felt like we were doing the smart thing rather than just chasing a big name. Turns out what do I know :$
Mate don't worry I've mozzed the last two coaches

The personal attacks are really tiresome. I get there’s some crap quality posting going around, but not every thread needs to be taken up with posters attacking each other.

Anyway, rip David noble. I was genuinely excited when we hired him, for once it felt like we were doing the smart thing rather than just chasing a big name. Turns out what do I know :$
you and 90% of the rest of us

Yeah because the aggressive pursuit approach has worked well so far :sternlook:

The bigger question is with what?

There are 3 choices here

1) target free agents
2) mortgage the future by trading future picks
3) trade out players for capital but likely only unders

This aggressive list management sound bite is not anchored in the reality of where we are actually at.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back