Coaches of the past.

Roogal

Club Legend
Dec 7, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Ballarat Roosters
All when and good to drop all these players but who can come in to replace them? The cupboard is bare and utterly s**t.

We are a shitshow atm
Yes 18 months ago I was willing to concede the notion that we have a very young player group but even our team age doesn't really reveal that bigger disparity of our average age being 24.6 yrs to Richmond's 25.3 yrs. Clearly age of the team is not a factor, but what is more revealing is that North Mebourne has a player game average of 76 games per player compared with Richmond who have 98 games per player.

That said, te following stats totally back up your claim, nobody can argue with the figures irrespective of what spin the club tries to put on it:

NS1.PNG

Compare North's above to Melbourne's stats below:

MS1.PNG

On the majority of metrics we have the lowest rankings:

NS3.PNG

NS2.PNG

I am told there is still some damage - ground to be made up, if you like.

Yep, nothing new from the original story.

If not a non-story, it is a story bordering on trivial. I have no doubt that there are some players not happy with him, but I suspect the same applied to Barassi and Pagan.

If not a non-story, it is a story bordering on trivial. I have no doubt that there are some players not happy with him, but I suspect the same applied to Barassi and Pagan.

This is spot on LuvtheKangas. Seriously what sort of spray from Noble would leave such a lasting negative impact on player(s) and if so what are they made of to be so offended. The issue as i see it is we are on a 4-5 year journey with a young group who need to have new standards set because our current leaders are not up to it. We all remember the pre-season when Melbourne players complained about the workload and had it cut short. They went onto premiership glory not long afterwards. This is Caro just rolling out her usual anti-North drivel. Move on everyone.

You don't see an issue with JHF & Cam putting talks on hold.. in our current situation its not ideal.
What better way to show your support for the club/coach by signing if the money is there.. no doubt I could be jumping at shadows.

You don't see an issue with JHF & Cam putting talks on hold.. in our current situation its not ideal.
What better way to show your support for the club/coach by signing if the money is there.. no doubt I could be jumping at shadows.

Sorry but i think you are jumping at shadows. Both will get much better deals if their form continues to go on an upward trajectory and i suspect these two fellows are confident enough to back themselves in for a better deal.

Another total beat-up, IMO. Young players maximise their value over a season, so it would be commercially sub-optimal for them to lock themselves in now.

Remember that the no 1 draft pick is automatically on 2 years, so JHF is already contracted to us for 2023.

Yes, some people are jumping at shadows on this.

Beat me to it.

We are on the same page! Right now more than ever this club needs unity. There's no value in past players and supporters slinging mud where it's not needed to give the likes of Caro more fuel.

We all have the opportunity to send questions into Sonja, Brady et al so that's a great opportunity to get some clarity on where the club is heading.

It's not pretty right now but this is the medicine we have to take. I've been an interstate member for 30 plus years and for better or worse, I'm in for the long haul.

Jun 8, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
For me he's got another 6 to 10 weeks to show us some sort of a plan, we need to see improvement in players, we need to see a structure behind the ball, we need to see changes to the midfield setup, we need to see some improvement in simple things like kick ins and opposition kick ins.

If we don't see that, them move him on.

The biggest disaster will be keeping Noble and starting poorly again next year.
We'll end up with an interim coach and 2023 will be another wasted year.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Bloody hell I'm all for critical analysis and not deluding ourselves. If the club sucks then saying so doesn't make you negative or a hater.

But this Noble rhetoric smells like shite. If this is still the fallout from him rightly tell the playing group at large they're a bunch of property portfolio obsessed, easily pleased underachievers who are the biggest mental easybeats in the league - then I still don't see what he did wrong.

What were they expecting after the Brissie game? A Chrisco hamper and $20 voucher for Sanity?

HELLSBELLS

Club Legend
Jun 18, 2007
VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bayern Munich

Was it the whole group he upset and Jack just towed the company line or is it a select few he got stuck into ?

I would like to know what he could have possibly said to the players to "lose" them ?

He must have called them all Campaigners and their mums too because one spray from a coach shouldn't make you instantly not want to play for them ??? surely.

Either he said something like that or its been more than just the once.

Jan 29, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Was it the whole group he upset and Jack just towed the company line or is it a select few he got stuck into ?

I would like to know what he could have possibly said to the players to "lose" them ?

He must have called them all Campaigners and their mums too because one spray from a coach shouldn't make you instantly not want to play for them ??? surely.

Or it's not true

I don't know how many tbh. And it wasn't just one spray. Media are late to the party with this one.

Nothing new to add so we just back the truck up. No need for Caro when we have our own people eager to dredge up damaging rumours.
Not a rumour ffs. Anyway, I will leave it there. Believe what you want to believe.

Back