Past Coach NMFC Senior Coach - David Noble has parted ways with NMFC

Coaches of the past.

Remove this Banner Ad

Think he needs till mid 2023 , then he can marked fairly.

He hasn’t even had a trade period and not a full off season to implement his plans for the club.
Obviously don’t expect to be cop thrashing next year but would want to see better cohesion across the field.

I don’t want to see another 100 point loss, but I’ll give him this year. If it happens again this year I’ll still be worried though. It can’t happen next year, well I spose it can as an outlier but we’ve been uncompetitive in the other two games before the 123 point loss. Next year, and even as the season progresses this year I want to see improvement.

At the moment all I see is senior players struggling to adapt to a new game plan and kids that just want to get a kick.

I love your posting Ferball, but I think we need to wait a couple of years to see if these picks worked out for us or not.
Yeah but if you compare them to other players from that pick range they already look better or more effective. They've all played more games than Josh Williams did for example. Even if they never play again they're better value than many of those picks. And Perez and Lazzaro have given us more enjoyment in 6 games between them (I reckon) than many of those 2014 - 2016 mid range draftees.

I don’t want to see another 100 point loss, but I’ll give him this year. If it happens again this year I’ll still be worried though. It can’t happen next year, well I spose it can as an outlier but we’ve been uncompetitive in the other two games before the 123 point loss. Next year, and even as the season progresses this year I want to see improvement.

At the moment all I see is senior players struggling to adapt to a new game plan and kids that just want to get a kick.

I am sure I can remember Clarkson saying in an interview once that it takes a team 8 to 10 weeks to really lock in a change to a game plan. We are implementing a radical change to the game plan with a very young group. It will take time.

I am sure I can remember Clarkson saying in an interview once that it takes a team 8 to 10 weeks to really lock in a change to a game plan. We are implementing a radical change to the game plan with a very young group. It will take time.
What game plan ??

Is this why our better performing players are those who were not exposed to a previous AFL game plan?

l have heard from a source which l wont name that Polec wasn't picked to play because he wasn't going to be declared fit by the Medicos but told Noble he DEMANDED to play and got his way...l hope it wasn't true but l dont doubt my source.....
Which made his tanty on the bench when he was told he wasn't going back on, quite understandable.
Maybe Shaw was never the problem😏
Is it correct the medical sub has to do 20 minute warm up?
[/QUOTE]
giantroo any chance of this footage? had no idea

For anyone disillusioned by the thumping against the dogs and yearning for the "good old days", might be time to get your hand off it.

Think this never happened when we had a steady head like Denis Pagan, a superstar captain like Wayne Carey and Shinboners like Glenn Archer and Anthony Stevens in the side?

Think again.

125 point loss in a final to *.

Kicked 3 goals 18 behinds in a 107 point loss to Sydney.

Both featuring all the above.

How about the farewell game to club legends David King and Anthony Stevens? Under captain and "great leader" Adam Simpson and vice Brent Harvey?

A lazy 113 point rollover to Brisbane to show them exactly how much we loved them.

I won't even start on the 70-100+ point pistol whippings Brad tried to positively spin away during his tenure.

It's absolute bullshit to pinpoint the Good Friday drubbing as some kind of isolated event that occurred only due to a "rebuild" or because of David Noble.

For anyone disillusioned by the thumping against the dogs and yearning for the "good old days", might be time to get your hand off it.

Think this never happened when we had a steady head like Denis Pagan, a superstar captain like Wayne Carey and Shinboners like Glenn Archer and Anthony Stevens in the side?

Think again.

How about the farewell game to club legends David King and Anthony Stevens? Under captain and "great leader" Adam Simpson and vice Brent Harvey?

A lazy 113 point rollover to Brisbane to show them exactly how much we loved them.

I won't even start on the 70-100+ point pistol whippings Brad tried to positively spin away during his tenure.

It's absolute bullshit to pinpoint the Good Fridday drubbing as some kind of isolated event that occurred only due to a "rebuild" or because of David Noble.
Well said and fair enough - but damn, I was hoping it was an aberration!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think again.

It's absolute bullshit to pinpoint the Good Friday drubbing as some kind of isolated event that occurred only due to a "rebuild" or because of David Noble.
I still honestly believe the 2019 Good Friday loss to * was way way worse given the team we fielded

Think again.

Yeah for a contending side over the years - we’ve probably copped the most thrashing.

Think again.

For me it's the 4 X 7-10 goal drubbings preceding the 21 goal annihilation that rings alarm bells. We haven't looked a threat in any of our pre season or main season matches now.

Last edited:
Yeah for a contending side over the years - we’ve probably copped the most thrashing.

I've seen some monumental hidings going back to 1983 150 points v Fitzroy, 1983 Prelim, 1984 137 v Carlton, 1988 100 down at HT v *....the list goes on....sometimes it feels like we've copped more than the average shellackings.

Think again.

All Hail KC!!!

I've seen some monumental hidings going back to 1983 150 points v Fitzroy, 1983 Prelim, 1984 137 v Carlton, 1988 100 down at HT v *....the list goes on....sometimes it feels like we've copped more than the average shellackings.

Yeah even in 96 we copped big losses against the swans and pies.

Not much shinboner spirit shown over the years.

For me it's the 4 X 7-10 goal drubbings preceding the 21 goal annihilation that rings alarm bells. We haven't looked a threat in any of our pre season or main season matches now.

You're talking this season? Agree.

I'm not arguing for any green shoots as such. In any year there'll be a couple of good draftees untainted by a losing culture who come in and look like a new guard and that is happening right now. I'm not convinced (or unconvinced) of any assured success out of the current coaching setup.

Only reminding some that getting some absolute smashings isn't a new phenomena restricted to this coach and a young group.

You are correct in what you have written.

I'm just unsure of what point you are making?

Is it purely that North copped huge beatings in both periods or that it's nothing to worry about?

You're talking this season? Agree.

I'm not arguing for any green shoots as such. In any year there'll be a couple of good draftees untainted by a losing culture who come in and look like a new guard and that is happening right now. I'm not convinced (or unconvinced) of any assured success out of the current coaching setup.

Only reminding some that getting some absolute smashings isn't a new phenomena restricted to this coach and a young group.

Remember it is not that long ago that Adelaide was being talked of as a chance to go through the season winless after losing the first 13 last year including a pretty big thrashing by us with a team from which 18 players remain on the list. They have since won 5 of their last 7.

You are correct in what you have written.

I'm just unsure of what point you are making?

Is it purely that North copped huge beatings in both periods or that it's nothing to worry about?

Tef's thread summed it up - as if this (100+ point belting) was the inevitable result of David Noble and a rebuilding list.

I was pointing it it's not the result of some magical alignment of elements. We got whacked by 100+ under Pagan with a terrific side and repeated the dose under Laidley and Scott.

Shortened quarters are probably all that saved Shaw from the same fate.

Think again.

So as a club this is indeed what we stand for?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back