Past Coach NMFC Senior Coach - David Noble has parted ways with NMFC

Coaches of the past.

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting I had the same reaction surprised it's almost unanimous.

Rome is burning. Keep your attention on us thanks. I don't even care if it provides some insight or bolsters David's CV, all effort should currently be going into shoring up our own backyard first.

When he's won something he can switch to Alistair Clarkson mode and start wondering about the big picture.
It might benefit us.

Nobles seems a bit more switched on than Brad. And this is other coaches talking about the way the game has changed isn't it? It'll give an insight into how they think about the game which may confer a small tactical advantage.

Not only does he seem more switched on, he is much more part of a team working together. Blakeys and Rawling have both been next to him in the coaches box at times. You'd think if this detracted from his coaching there would be some feedback etc.

It might benefit us.

Nobles seems a bit more switched on than Brad. And this is other coaches talking about the way the game has changed isn't it? It'll give an insight into how they think about the game which may confer a small tactical advantage.

Not only does he seem more switched on, he is much more part of a team working together. Blakeys and Rawling have both been next to him in the coaches box at times. You'd think if this detracted from his coaching there would be some feedback etc.

I love your eternal sunny-side-upedness mate but I'm completely unenthused by this tidbit.

He's 6 weeks into North Melbourne's worst start to a season history. Whilst I don't think he need wear all the responsibility or blame for that , I don't like the look at all of him getting involved with any extracurricular pursuits right now.

He keeps spruiking about only worrying about us at the moment. The adherence to a future dividend gameplan supports this.

Therefore I'd have preferred to not see him cavorting outside of those boundaries right now.

My first 4 games of footy I ever went to are really telling.

1. Round 15 2013 - 62 point win against Richmond
  2. Round 17 2013 - 1 point loss to Carlton (Mate still gives me s**t about this game)
  3. Round 18 2013 - 122 point win against Melbourne
  4. Round 19 2013 - 10 point win against Geelong.

Still remember that game like it was yesterday. One of the best wins under Brad.

No Swallow, Geelong pushing for another premiership, and we beat them and the umps.
Crowd was roaring too. For a supporter base that gets mocked for being small, we can certainly make a lot of noise.

Crowd was roaring too. For a supporter base that gets mocked for being small, we can certainly make a lot of noise.
Still get goosebumps from that defensive half transition goal started by Boomer and nailed by Petrie under pressure.

We really did have our chances to achieve greatness but we just never had the right list or resources

Such a shame. It was fun but damn we really blew it.

Still get goosebumps from that defensive half transition goal started by Boomer and nailed by Petrie under pressure.

We really did have our chances to achieve greatness but we just never had the right list or resources

Such a shame. It was fun but damn we really blew it.
To think we should have beaten Geelong and Hawthorn twice that year.

And Adelaide twice
Carlton
Collingwood 1st time
Gold coast.....
Brisbane...
West coast

7 losses into wins put us at potentially 2nd spot.
And with our attacking style of play, maybe we defeat Hawfies in the 2013 Grand Final, and I don't have to cop s**t in High School for barracking for North.

We drafted poorly just in general.

McKenzie was a beautiful kick but slow and couldn't defend.

Atley is a different story imo. The guy was one of the reasons we scored so heavily in 2012. He inspired the boys to present to him like magnets. What happened after those times pisses me off. We had a exceptional ability of turning these firecracker types into serviceables.

Noble needs to stamp on development.

The conversion rate for draftees making it at North is far too low.

Words cannot describe how sick in the guts this makes me feel.

View attachment 1114874

How did things ever get to this point? We used to export OUR CULTURE to other clubs!!!!!

What you say is true but I don't get your angst mate.

We WERE the beacon of winning club culture once upon a time - but that was 20+ years ago.

It would be like Melbourne in the 1990s bemoaning needing to hire external coaches because they'd been a powerhouse under Norm Smith decades earlier.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What you say is true but I don't get your angst mate.

We WERE the beacon of winning club culture once upon a time - but that was 20+ years ago.

It would be like Melbourne in the 1990s bemoaning needing to hire external coaches because they'd been a powerhouse under Norm Smith decades earlier.

OUR people are currently entrenched at OTHER successful clubs!!!

The Shinboner culture is on the ropes and at the current rate it's going to die with Jack Ziebell, Robbie Tarrant & Ben Cunnington.

Why?

Because the incompetent campaigners cotrolling the club doesn't want anyone getting in the way & calling them out on their own non football agendas!!!

OUR people are currently entrenched at OTHER successful clubs!!!

Mate I hate it as much as you do, as you probably know I feel sick about watching Ben Brown and Shaun Higgins playing elsewhere too.

But none of the ex-player coaches are interested in wanting to come back. The only one who has returned to become Football Manager (IMO) has absolutely butchered his first shot at it on the current available evidence.

We have had no choice but to look outside unfortunately.

Words cannot describe how sick in the guts this makes me feel.

View attachment 1114874

How did things ever get to this point? We used to export OUR CULTURE to other clubs!!!!!
I remember Tadhg Kennelly talking up shinboner spirit to motivate the Swans in the 2000s.

He always respected what the Roos had.

But none of the ex-player coaches are interested in wanting to come back.

............and why is that?

Why is the place so on the nose with people who love & bled for the club?

Do you think the existing current culture might have something to do with it?

Who are you talking about out of interest? At the club I mean

The entire board.

I dunno how anyone could take the view that they weren't (football) incompetent, and balanced books or not, they exist to excel at developing and maintaining an AFL football team and a supporting VFL football team.

If anyone just gets off on balanced books & community enganement, then they should go and apply to be secretary or treasurer of the Rotary club.

Last edited:
10 years of picking duds and being mediocre ladder fillers will do that.

Compromised drafts have had a say in it, and the team was in contention during that period.

I don't see too much wrong with the drafting, and I certainly believe it is overplayed as a deflection for the list management.

Compromised drafts have had a say in it, and the team was in contention during that period.

I don't see too much wrong with the drafting, and I certainly believe it is overplayed as a deflection for the list management.
There are obvious examples where our picks have been sub standard compared to guys that went later in that round or in the draft.
I'd say our list management (keeping players, not losing them to poaching or overpaying leading to salary cap issues) has actually been pretty good compared to a lot of other clubs. There's definitely been a few players that have been scouted by other clubs in the last few years.

I was going to make a sarcastic comment about coach Nobes needing the negativity that an AFL committee might bring considering all the positivity in his life at the minute but decided against it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back