Coaches of the past.
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
1622425952385.png

I see David's personal BF rep is on point duty.

I understand that 'supporting the NMFC' is a foreign concept to you, but yeah... not really vibing with the whole 'Noble is a clown' thing.

Especially when you didn't even do it properly.

The process is not just one single path to reach the ultimate goal, it’s forever changing to suit changes in the environment and culture.

I took this snippet out of my textbook because my interpretation of it was relevant to us as supporters and members:

‘A sports organisation that does not provide a systematic evaluation of its performance would be derelict in its duty to stakeholders’

We ARE on the right track if you like it or not.

Firebat

Premium Platinum
Feb 23, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
C's
I understand that 'supporting the NMFC' is a foreign concept to you, but yeah... not really vibing with the whole 'Noble is a clown' thing.

Especially when you didn't even do it properly.

Don't you get it. Bring in Xerri, drop Taylor we win.

How is this such an alien concept?

...and the posse arrives on cue.

Chad literally asked you about how the meme works and you cracked the shits.

Act like an ADULT.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
To be fair I’d try Taylor out for Xerri

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

Again, is there much point in this without moderating "the process"

BTW, I am in full agreement with you, provided Tristan is utilised properly.

As would I and TBH it's not like either move would have made a difference so reward the Bloke who has been busting his arse in the twos for 4/5ths of FA reward. Especially after they canned the VFL this week and it wouldn't have created a situation where our tallest player was shades taller than boomer.

What's more is the club knew there would be questions about the non selection given the vid through the week.

With all due respect mate, how is it irrelevant?
We just don't work hard enough so other things, dependent on hard work, don't matter.

I'm not having a go at you btw, I just think that what you are talking about is a symptom of not enough fitness across the board. Even in that Dogs vid Mordecai posted they hold the ball up thru the middle, don't go thru the corridor when they have the option (Naughton leading) cos they are waiting or players to get back and hold the structure.

In the clip the images I took are from, he actually positions himself another 20-30m towards our forward 50, but then something clicks and he dashes to CHB to man space.

Do you know why?

Not sure if it’s been pointed out before. But surely if they are trying to develop mids like Phillips in the VFL they need to do it with a competent ruckman.

Did the VFL run this week?

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
What's more is the club knew there would be questions about the non selection given the vid through the week.

I have taken some sarcastic liberties with Noble with my little meme, but the "we're not going to give games away" comment is a flat out inconsistent.

I suspect it's related to specific player types.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Not sure if it’s been pointed out before. But surely if they are trying to develop mids like Phillips in the VFL they need to do it with a competent ruckman.

Good point, but after a couple of views of Will I don't think he has any worries sharking the opposition rucks.

Dec 1, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Derby County FC
Xerri having significant ruck time at AFL level will be good for us, when it eventuates..

Goldy straight down to a stationary Cunnington is the most predictable centre square connection in the AFL, and Cunners trying to feed the ball out with one bloke bear hugging him while another tries to cut off the handball gets too easy to defend over the course of a match.

I'd love to see Nobes shake it up a bit, tell Goldy to smash it forward as hard as he can as often as he can, let the mids try and create some chaos

justroyal

Premiership Player
Jul 1, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So it sounds like in the VFL the team needs X to be more Ruck than forward, but Nobes wants him doing more forward stuff??
But in the AFL he needs to be predominantly a forward?

Don’t think so.

I’m all for X getting a game too for the record.

They didn't and that was my point.

Our VFL is Siberia given the attrition through injury. When the opportunity arose to not deny the VFL their ruckman and reward decent form from X, it is disappointing that we were not opportunistic enough to take it.

WE have experimented all over the ground this year, different players in different roles. So the response of X needs to do more to get in is a little hard to cop when he has for a lot of the year been a 1 man band at the lower level.

He's clearly not the panacea to our problems.

My fear is that it feels like denial of VFL form getting a gig in the AFL side. This is something I hated when Brad did it.

Last edited:
Back