Past Coach NMFC Senior Coach - David Noble has parted ways with NMFC

Coaches of the past.
Pretty self-explanatory, I would have thought. David Noble is effectively like any regular employee of the club. He can be sacked or he can resign, and either way, there will be an agreed period of notice.

It's exactly the same deal as Shaw IIRC.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
It’s not a contract as such, he is an employee of the club.. like normal employment.
We could boot him tomorrow and he won’t be getting a big payout..

Basically he and the club have faith in his abilities.

I'm on the fence as far as his coaching goes, but I could see the club keeping him on if someone else was appointed.

For all we know there is an "interim" aspect that's agreed by all parties.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm on the fence as far as his coaching goes, but I could see the club keeping him on if someone else was appointed.

Yep, I also wouldn’t be surprised if he ended up in a head of coaching role or similar after his stint.

Seems like a very smart operator/football person. Someone to bring across to the club at any cost.

Noble is a piece of a puzzle bought in by a club that was in disarray and in need of senior calming voices to repair the issues seeded in the unceremonious departures in 2016, exacerbated by hubris in 2019, exploded by the hub in 2020.

IMO here are 2 best case scenarios here.

1) Noble isn't in his final form yet and what he is building he has the absolute desire to push for a flag.
2) Noble has only moderate desire to be the guy in the first point but he is committed to seeing the club right itself and create a list and situation primed for success.

1) Fagan/Lions Model
2) Roos/Melbourne Model

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Noble is a piece of a puzzle bought in by a club that was in disarray and in need of senior calming voices to repair the issues seeded in the unceremonious departures in 2016, exacerbated by hubris in 2019, exploded by the hub in 2020.

IMO here are 2 best case scenarios here.

1) Noble isn't in his final form yet and what he is building he has the absolute desire to push for a flag.
2) Noble has only moderate desire to be the guy in the first point but he is committed to seeing the club right itself and create a list and situation primed for success.

1) Fagan/Lions Model
2) Roos/Melbourne Model

Might be best case, but Noble was integral in the Lions model & has Roos to leverage the Melbourne model.

Difficult to not have confidence when reflecting on that IMO.

Might be best case, but Noble was integral in the Lions model & has Roos to leverage the Melbourne model.

Difficult to not have confidence when reflecting on that IMO.

No it's not.

We went out and got people who had played a specific role in turning clubs that were messes around onboard.

It's going to take time.

Themanbun

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm going to toot my own horn here. We're holding a more forward loaded press and look absolutely sublime. Even the commentators have picked up on the structural difference. Impressive adaptation from Noble to turn this around in a couple of weeks. Let's see how the Giants adjust now and if we change it up again.

Jun 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm going to toot my own horn here. We're holding a more forward loaded press and look absolutely sublime. Even the commentators have picked up on the structural difference. Impressive adaptation from Noble to turn this around in a couple of weeks. Let's see how the Giants adjust now and if we change it up again.
toot toot

RossHenshaw

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I blame the NMFC board for our last quarter effort .
4D272A8F-264F-4138-9E0A-4AA8554A5614.gif

Dave has the playing group, this is s big part in moving forward. They listen and want to perform.
Doors were slammed and harsh words spoken on the last quarter.
Don’t be fooled by his camera appearance. He has quickly gained the respect and want of the playing group.
There will be improvements

Sep 11, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne

We are in good hands. Love he gave a little dig at lil swines like Kane Cornes stating that it would be awful coming to North right now due to our losses.

Nobles made it clear, that it is a great environment and culture at the club atm even with our position on the ladder. Plus 4 recent signings from our youth says otherwise. Players jump ship if you don’t believe in the “system” or the direction of the club.

If we can develop this awesome environment and breed this strong culture even when we’re losing just wait until we start succeeding. The consistency of having confidence in the plan is super important.

Just look at Carlton and Saints. They look lost at sea while we can see improvements across the board.
They’re slow and small but we can see them happening while we are learning with a very young group.

Snojet

Team Captain
Aug 9, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So reassuring to hear measured and intelligent reflections from Noble. Gives a thoughtful and honest insight. So much better than hearing, ‘We know what the problems are and they just need a minor tweaking’.
Looking forward to seeing player development and success.

So reassuring to hear measured and intelligent reflections from Noble. Gives a thoughtful and honest insight. So much better than hearing, ‘We know what the problems are and they just need a minor tweaking’.
Looking forward to seeing player development and success.

I dunno about that. I'm really missing the reassurance of "it's an easy fix".

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Yes although I think 2022 will be much better if we have a reasonable run with injuries. The unfit are in for one hell of a preseason, that though will take a 2-3 seasons to get them where we believe they should be. And yes that is undoing past admin's mistakes. I do wonder how they'll handle boxing camp.

Also it must be remembered that we've had many years in the wilderness and it is much easier to be unsuccessful than successful, history isn't in Noble's corner.

ALthough I am confident we're on the right track, and I suppose you can't ask for more than that.

Looks like boxing camp might get the arse.

Back