Past Coach NMFC Senior Coach - David Noble has parted ways with NMFC

Coaches of the past.
Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
People insist on negatively commenting on him even though he's gone, to the extent some have gone on to engage with him on twitter too. Baiting people to keep on doing it is definitely in character.

He has positive interactions with plenty of bf posters on twitter as well, fwiw.

When he comes on here questioning people's integrity that's a bridge to *en far in my book.

The way he treated posters on BF was deplorable, yes there are a few that kissed his arse but fwiw those that I rate on here certainly didn't.

And fyi- he didn't rate Noble, Roos or *en Blakey or what we did, he loved his shitmen and was a dyed in the wool fan of being mediocre. He had four opinions on everything we discussed in the hope that one would be correct.

He is "Bakers".

Last edited by a moderator:

wandering123

All Australian
Jul 23, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
When he comes on here questioning people's integrity that's a bridge to fu**en far in my book.

The way he treated posters on BF was deplorable, yes there are a few that kissed his arse but fwiw those that I rate on here certainly didn't.

And fyi- he didn't rate Noble, Roos or fu**en Blakey or what we did, he loved his shitmen and was a dyed in the wool fan of being mediocre. He had four opinions on everything we discussed in the hope that one would be correct.

He is "Bakers".
Amen.

The absolutely deplorable comments he got away with always stunned me. Not at all disappointed that he has finally left.

Last edited by a moderator:

AnEmptyChair

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Snake's surely taking the piss with that one.

In any case, I don't why people want to keep talking about him. Don't get me wrong, based on interactions on here I think it's fair to say I'll never see eye-to-eye with him on a whole heap of things outside of our shared love for North and I get why people abhor him, particularly Chad, SB22 and a few others because he made it personal with them, but I don't get the general infatuation with what he's saying away from here.

(EDIT: I also get that by posting this I'm also talking about him)

amaz199

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Initially, I was very supportive of Noble then started to waiver when results kept getting worse. I guess all it takes is a bit of patience and watching the game more carefully than usual.

Noble has instilled a very composed form of football. Something that I think we've lacked for a long time. We obviously still have our moments, but I think he's trying to make us smarter with the ball, so it isn't a detriment when we apply that effort. As shown in the close games we've had.

Kudos to the players also. It's not easy to put those plans into fruition and execute it almost flawlessly especially with a list that is still in its early days of development. For example, late in the last quarter, a crucial play where Mahony had it going inside 50, he could've easily blazed away and gave up the ball, but he lowered the eyes and found a target with a lace-out kick to Cam Z (in the wet mind you). Although Cam missed the set shot banana, it's a prime example.

We're being more measured but at the same time, actually challenging opposition when they come at us. Being patient with the ball in hand and not rushing ourselves in transition is absolutely what we want to see!

I also think our stoppage setup has improved dramatically. We look so dangerous when the ball is flicked around. There's more purpose and opposition look more exposed than we do.

The Eagles literally threw everything at us and rather surprisingly (or unsurprisingly?), it was us that showed the pair of heels.

If this us at the bottom, imagine the potential.

AnEmptyChair

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Haha I tell you what though, it's sometimes ... interesting ... when you see someone's socials who's obviously from here just because we're reading the same footy stuff. On one hand, I enjoy following SimpkinByTheDockOfTheBay on Twitter because it's both informative and funny. On the other, I just discovered Royal Flush's twitter and, well, his bio is certainly something haha.

Mar 17, 2012
Caught in the web.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Haha I tell you what though, it's sometimes ... interesting ... when you see someone's socials who's obviously from here just because we're reading the same footy stuff. On one hand, I enjoy following SimpkinByTheDockOfTheBay on Twitter because it's both informative and funny. On the other, I just discovered Royal Flush's twitter and, well, his bio is certainly something haha.

RF just started following me on twitter.

Looked through his timeline.😱😁

People insist on negatively commenting on him even though he's gone, to the extent some have gone on to engage with him on twitter too. Baiting people to keep on doing it is definitely in character.

He has positive interactions with plenty of bf posters on twitter as well, fwiw.

Including me!!

That seems about right, but he hated the process part.

He hated the talk of "the process" - he knows there is a process.

He wanted to hear the word 'looking for a win' etc. Some more straight talking about trying to win a game of footy.

No surprise he hated the media trained responses and politics of it - I've struggled myself.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors

Didn't he spend ages telling us all that he wasn't at all impressed with Noble and took pot shots at his game plan, without ever quantifying what it was that was wrong with said game plan?

Gun coach in the making and completely outpointed Simmo with a less experienced
but no less talented list. I actually think we have some supreme talent, that with the right coach can elevate them to elite.

8m confident this is our man. Tactically astute, a motivator and the requisite sense of zero bullshit.

We get a preseason out of Nobes under his complete control and we will start bombing teams.

Love him.

Last edited:

r_boy

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 12, 2007
Northern Territory
AFL Club
North Melbourne
All I wanted was to move away from the risk averse down the line ball movement that was our go to since the late Laidley years.

We now move the ball like a class football side - of course improvement still to go.

So much fear about being uncompetitive and bottoming out was unfounded IMO.

Credit has to go to all now at the club (especially Noble) but still...

speedy

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 5, 2001
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I find the Brad Scott jibes a bit funny. I thought he was a decent coach even if not quite good enough to get the whole job done.
So I differ to most on here, instead of reminiscing on the “bad” Scott era, I thank Christ that Rhyce is not in charge of this group anymore. It is a lot easier in hindsight but he was not the right man for the job.

Themanbun

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Initially, I was very supportive of Noble then started to waiver when results kept getting worse. I guess all it takes is a bit of patience and watching the game more carefully than usual.

Noble has instilled a very composed form of football. Something that I think we've lacked for a long time. We obviously still have our moments, but I think he's trying to make us smarter with the ball, so it isn't a detriment when we apply that effort. As shown in the close games we've had.

Kudos to the players also. It's not easy to put those plans into fruition and execute it almost flawlessly especially with a list that is still in its early days of development. For example, late in the last quarter, a crucial play where Mahony had it going inside 50, he could've easily blazed away and gave up the ball, but he lowered the eyes and found a target with a lace-out kick to Cam Z (in the wet mind you). Although Cam missed the set shot banana, it's a prime example.

We're being more measured but at the same time, actually challenging opposition when they come at us. Being patient with the ball in hand and not rushing ourselves in transition is absolutely what we want to see!

I also think our stoppage setup has improved dramatically. We look so dangerous when the ball is flicked around. There's more purpose and opposition look more exposed than we do.

The Eagles literally threw everything at us and rather surprisingly (or unsurprisingly?), it was us that showed the pair of heels.

If this us at the bottom, imagine the potential.

We hit to the outside much, much better than in years gone by...and we actually have someone positioned for it on the outside as well.

Back