Past Coach NMFC Senior Coach - David Noble has parted ways with NMFC

Coaches of the past.

Remove this Banner Ad

Kingy preaches the importance in "Knowing where you're at".

This is an area that our two previous coaches had trouble with. A lot has been said about Scott's "rebuild". Shaw then got up and claimed he wanted to "play finals" at the Syd Barker after being appointed, before a 3-15 season.

From what we've seen this year, David Noble has a much clearer perspective.
Thankfully :)

An interesting titbit:

First 11 rounds average result:

NM 61 - 97 Opposition

Since the bye:

NM 72 - 80 Opposition

So effectively we are a 28 point per game better side post the bye.

c714f12c63be2af86307845241b09982

What's this improving after the bye thing you're talking about?

David Noble, Miserly Voter strikes again.

North Melbourne v Essendon
7 Jake Stringer (ESS)
7 Darcy Parish (ESS)
7 Zach Merrett (ESS)
5 Peter Wright (ESS)
3 Jy Simpkin (NMFC)
1 Nick Larkey (NMFC)

I hope all our players now realise the days of being patted on the back for honourable losses are gone.

You can tell Nobes loves the young talent he has at his disposal. 20 points down in the last and at the centre bounce was Lazzaro, Thomas, Xerri and Simpkin. Awesome work coach.
had to laugh listening to the radio call on mmm and when we were down as you said in the 4th all ross lyons could bang on about is the mids were spent and nobles had to try ziebel in there, nekminit we win 3 of the next 4 clearances.

7 Jake Stringer (ESS)
7 Darcy Parish (ESS)
7 Zach Merrett (ESS)
5 Peter Wright (ESS)
3 Jy Simpkin (NMFC)
1 Nick Larkey (NMFC)

I hope all our players now realise the days of being patted on the back for honourable losses are gone.

Nobes with 2 to Jy & 1 to Souv you rekn KC?

Fascinating if so & Truck has given 1 vote to Jy, despite us being the better side for 2.5 quarters.

They really do - remember the carnage early?!?!

Its been a huge improvement.
Remember the caning that Mahoney got for following team instructions and going in board against Port after being directed to by Simpkin which led to a turnover and goal to Port?
The short sightedness and vitriol on here was deplorable. You know who you are!!!
It took those risks to reap the reward we’re seeing now. Maintain perspective Nth BFites!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember the caning that Mahoney got for following team instructions and going in board against Port after being directed to by Simpkin which led to a turnover and goal to Port?
The short sightedness and vitriol on here was deplorable. You know who you are!!!
It took those risks to reap the reward we’re seeing now. Maintain perspective Nth BFites!

Exactly - impatience is lacking around these parts. Now it's Xerri's turn.

7 Jake Stringer (ESS)
7 Darcy Parish (ESS)
7 Zach Merrett (ESS)
5 Peter Wright (ESS)
3 Jy Simpkin (NMFC)
1 Nick Larkey (NMFC)

Nobes with 2 to Jy & 1 to Souv you rekn KC?

Fascinating if so & Truck has given 1 vote to Jy, despite us being the better side for 2.5 quarters.

It looks something like this…

Coach 1

5: Parish
4: Stringer
3: Merrett
2: Simpkin
1: Larkey

Coach 2

5: Wright
4: Merrett
3: Stringer
2: Parish
1: Simpkin

So one coach has given North a single vote for the game.

Last edited:
Exactly - impatience is lacking around these parts. Now it's Xerri's turn.
Exactly. And as soon as Ford or Atu come in and contribute novice type output, the usual BF peanut(s) who unrelentingly savaged JM, overlooking his age and inexperience, to vent their subjective tirades, had better come out swinging their sharpened axes in the same manner, the weak pr1cks.

I love the trust nobes has in the younger guys.
Practically treats the selected 22 as equals - it creates belief in each other.
His sides will not rely on to few to carry the load but be shared across the park

Giving trust builds trust.

These kids that he's doing this with will want to play for him. They'll give everything.

Exactly. And as soon as Ford or Atu come in and contribute novice type output, the usual BF peanut(s) who unrelentingly savaged JM, overlooking his age and inexperience, to vent their subjective tirades, had better come out swinging their sharpened axes in the same manner, the weak pr1cks.

I confess to using Mahoney as a whipping boy earlier in the season. The kid has incredible potential. Hard to be patient

I love the trust nobes has in the younger guys.
Practically treats the selected 22 as equals - it creates belief in each other.
His sides will not rely on to few to carry the load but be shared across the park
Wow thanks for that deep insight

It looks something like this…

Coach 1

5: Parish
4: Stringer
3: Merrett
2: Simpkin
1: Larkey

Coach 2

5: Wright
4: Merrett
3: Stringer
2: Parish
1: Simpkin

So one coach has given North a single vote for the game.

If I'm betting Coach 2 is Noble. Kind of like it, not sure that I necessarily agree with his votes all the time but there is no point giving themselves pats on the back when losing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back