Past Coach NMFC Senior Coach - David Noble has parted ways with NMFC

Coaches of the past.

Remove this Banner Ad

Love his attitude in press conferences.
He treats the members and press with respect by providing considered and articulate answers.
After the Geelong game, he praised what we did well - but also talked about where we need to evolve our game and work on things.
As a supporter interested in that stuff, it’s refreshing to hear. Rather than trite, rehearsed lines that don’t give supporters any insight into how the club is working to improve.

Yes so do I , we get to choose from a scarf to a beanie every year with our membership. (Speaking of which We didn’t get one in 2020 & 2021) !! Oh well …
All i wanted to show & say was “watch him jump on board” now like a true band wagoner once we become a good again after all the crap he was saying about Noble & the”board”

If you go to the Roo shop they hand them out.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Love his attitude in press conferences.
He treats the members and press with respect by providing considered and articulate answers.
After the Geelong game, he praised what we did well - but also talked about where we need to evolve our game and work on things.
As a supporter interested in that stuff, it’s refreshing to hear. Rather than trite, rehearsed lines that don’t give supporters any insight into how the club is working to improve.

Sure beats Brad's vacillation between dummy spits and passive aggression

David is going through a delayed honeymoon period right now. He had a baptism of fire, due to our early complete capitulations. R1, 2022 is when things start to get really serious - we all know. On the bright side, things couldn’t look more positive at the moment.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The kids are sponges, but it’s amazing how much the older blokes have brought into the system.
Ziebell and Hall back, LMac up to the wing. These guys could’ve been the biggest huddle, yet they seem to be the ones pushing it..

Their ability to learn, that they kept their spirits up going 0-8, that they had faith in the process, that the old blokes bought in: That's all fruit of the much-maligned no-dickheads policy. It beats the hell out of getting Harley Bennell.

Their ability to learn, that they kept their spirits up going 0-8, that they had faith in the process, that the old blokes bought in: That's all fruit of the much-maligned no-dickheads policy. It beats the hell out of getting Harley Bennell.
Can’t argue with any of that, it’s also why I can see, a good clubmen, someone from left field like Garner being retained..
football teams are funny beasts.

Can’t argue with any of that, it’s also why I can see, a good clubmen, someone from left field like Garner being retained..
football teams are funny beasts.
If he is cut from the squad, would really like him to be kept on in VFL... Give him a chance of getting his body right again

Sure beats Brad's vacillation between dummy spits and passive aggression
What is with the endless whining and whining about Brad Scott
got a mostly alright pretty good side into a couple of Prelims
had a sense of humour which seems to have completely passed you by
every coach has issues
his multiple failings have been dissected and examined over and over again
can we just move on ffs

every coach has issues
can we just move on ffs

I just think he was s**t at managing the press and his anger

I know that he won't win the coach of the year award but is this the first time you could legitimately throw up the coach of the last-placed team as a candidate and most football people would take it seriously? Plenty of football people pegged us to win between zero and 2 games this season and had very little optimism around the list or the game plan. Around Good Friday that looked like a fair assessment. The turnaround since then both on-field and the perception of the club and list that Noble has led has been astounding.

I know that he won't win the coach of the year award but is this the first time you could legitimately throw up the coach of the last-placed team as a candidate and most football people would take it seriously? Plenty of football people pegged us to win between zero and 2 games this season and had very little optimism around the list or the game plan. Around Good Friday that looked like a fair assessment. The turnaround since then both on-field and the perception of the club and list that Noble has led has been astounding.
He has barely put a foot wrong. Been a very promising year from Noble (and obviously the team that sits around and supports him).

His come in and got the respect of the club, he setup with assistants he chose and has smart people like Rawlings, Roos, Luff around him.
As a group it seems to be working well and as he keeps saying sticking to the way he wants to play no shortcuts.
Next year will tell us a lot

every coach has issues
can we just move on ffs

Sorry, Brad. :(

We appreciate you came to the club at a difficult point in time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if this is the right thread to post or not but having a chat with a mate the other day (60+year member)
Our development/development staff along with Noble must have changed the way we are going about things because it always seemed like even our high draft picks under Scott were always 'slow burns' to an extent when you always saw first year players tearing it up for other sides. Not sure if we have nailed the drafting (still a few questions on Spicer) but the rest have been pretty good this year. Happy with the development of our first year players, even LDU/TT/Simpkin getting a lot better this year (i understand those last 3 probably come with experience and fitness) but you know what i mean

Not sure if this is the right thread to post or not but having a chat with a mate the other day (60+year member)
Our development/development staff along with Noble must have changed the way we are going about things because it always seemed like even our high draft picks under Scott were always 'slow burns' to an extent when you always saw first year players tearing it up for other sides. Not sure if we have nailed the drafting (still a few questions on Spicer) but the rest have been pretty good this year. Happy with the development of our first year players, even LDU/TT/Simpkin getting a lot better this year (i understand those last 3 probably come with experience and fitness) but you know what i mean
He's really pushed the players to improve and there's real selection pressure now.
Everything's changed and the BS era players have been told to shape up or ship out.
Guys like Scott, Curtis and Bonar really have to get better otherwise they may be stuck in the VFL for a long while.

We actually look like and play like a team who have been “coached”.
It’s weird to see the development from early on in the season till now and I don’t want the year to end. The gradual build up and enjoyment has been great to see.

Just on kick outs, have you noticed that Hall and Jack play on and then hit up a pass with a 20 meter diagonal to a teammate in the coridoor, or with a 45 meter kick to the wing.
It’s so refreshing to see.
The Jamie McMillan play on and kick to half back for a contest bullshit under Scott and Shaw got us nowhere and the lack on inventiveness was evident to see. Absolute sh*t show tactics.

This was very evident last night. The ability to adjust tempo (after being 4 goals to 1 early) especially with so many inexperienced players is testament to Noble. Conversely, when we had a sniff late, the handbrake was off and we gave them a fright (and very nearly a burst neck vein for Johnny Longshot) with our ability to go fast everytime. Important facets that good teams do well.

It’s just refreshing to no longer hear a clown come in and start trying to sell us snake oil and spin.

This bloke knows where we are at, but has clear direction on where he wants to go.

Do we get there? Who knows? But for the first time in a long time you get the feeling that the whole club is pulling in the same direction and everyone is on board.

As mentioned in an earlier post it seems that our young players are developing a lot better under Nobles system based learning, that is most likely through his teaching background.

Massive tick for Noble this year considering where we have come from.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back