Past Coach NMFC Senior Coach - David Noble has parted ways with NMFC

Coaches of the past.
Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Next year will be the test to see the improvement levels and game plan knowledge and fitness levels.
Quite exciting
As long as people aren’t expecting miracles.

This was never a 1 year rebuild, it was always going to take 3-4 years to get together a list that was capable of playing finals and legitimately good finals footy.

I think people expecting this team to rapidly rise might be disappointed?

We are most likely to see that one step forward, one step back pattern at least for another 12-24 months.

Unlike the previous clown in charges mentality, there is no quick / easy fix or aberrations, its just where we are as a footy club

As long as people aren’t expecting miracles.

This was never a 1 year rebuild, it was always going to take 3-4 years to get together a list that was capable of playing finals and legitimately good finals footy.

I think people expecting this team to rapidly rise might be disappointed?

We are most likely to see that one step forward, one step back pattern at least for another 12-24 months.

Unlike the previous clown in charges mentality, there is no quick / easy fix or aberrations, its just where we are as a footy club

Improvement is what I want to see

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
It’s just refreshing to no longer hear a clown come in and start trying to sell us snake oil and spin.

This bloke knows where we are at, but has clear direction on where he wants to go.

Do we get there? Who knows? But for the first time in a long time you get the feeling that the whole club is pulling in the same direction and everyone is on board.

As mentioned in an earlier post it seems that our young players are developing a lot better under Nobles system based learning, that is most likely through his teaching background.

Massive tick for Noble this year considering where we have come from.

Yeah it’s so refreshing to get a straight shooter that’s not trying to BS his way out of things.
Also doesn’t use excuses when things don’t go as planned.
Has more than a plan A and is willing to throw guys into different positions.
Just don’t pick Campbell again

Jan 29, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Ex-Lions player Allen Christensen giving big wraps to Nobes.

Attachments

• 5E4FFE60-DFF2-479B-98F8-E9E1B6BC46D7.jpeg
    5E4FFE60-DFF2-479B-98F8-E9E1B6BC46D7.jpeg
    164 KB · Views: 290
Dec 1, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Derby County FC
Even at my most hopeful I didn't think he'd have the kind of impact he's had, especially so quickly

Obviously it's yet to be seen whether he's our next premiership coach, but he hasn't put a foot wrong as a youth-empowering / galvanising / rebuilding culture and standards coach

We've nailed this one so far

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
As we sip our coffee this morning I cannot think of anything negative about Nobes.
Are we sure this is his first venture as coach. We are very lucky .
A big thank you 🙏 to the selection committee who picked him (Arch, Roos, Buckley).

Arrrrgh.

Touch wood, touch a monkey foot, throw salt over your shoulder.

Plenty wrong with Nobes. Plenty.

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
As we sip our coffee this morning I cannot think of anything negative about Nobes.
Are we sure this is his first venture as coach. We are very lucky .
A big thank you 🙏 to the selection committee who picked him (Arch, Roos, Buckley).
he did a lot of the background work at bris during the rebuild from what I've heard.
It isn't his first time being in a start form scratch type situation.

Swallow_Wood

Premiership Player
Jun 11, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So 4.5 wins, maybe ending with 5.5 wins.

So what are our expectations for 2022 in terms of wins. I would think that given an average run of injuries then 8-10 wins is a good result.

Or is that too optimistic?
Assuming we get Apples back, Cunners plays and limited injuries, I think 8-10 wins is likely, 12-14 possible.

There are aspects of our offensive game that will scare opponents going into 2022 but it is structural set ups defensively that will be our real test I reckon.

Another big test will be the transition out of JZ and Tarrant from defence. I will be interested to see how this is handled.

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne

So what are our expectations for 2022 in terms of wins. I would think that given an average run of injuries then 8-10 wins is a good result.

It's so dependent on the development of our 23-24 year olds + Injury List for mine.

If our injury list is anything like this year, we can't expect much. Also, development of 23-24 year olds isn't always linear.

If our injury list improves & our development of this age bracket continues like this year, we could get close to 10 wins, absolutely.

AnEmptyChair

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Yeah, I think 8-10 wins is both realistic and achievable. I just want to see improvement over the course of the year. The final ladder position probably doesn't matter too much, unless we play finals of course, so I wouldn't be completely disappointed with a 6-8 win season if we do show that improvement and some of the losses are quite close.

Apr 27, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne

A few iffs:
Big preseason, Few injuries, Young fella's continue improving and a reasonable draw and I reckon 8th position could be ours for sure!

Assuming we get Apples back, Cunners plays and limited injuries, I think 8-10 wins is likely, 12-14 possible.

There are aspects of our offensive game that will scare opponents going into 2022 but it is structural set ups defensively that will be our real test I reckon.

Another big test will be the transition out of JZ and Tarrant from defence. I will be interested to see how this is handled.

I think comments like this are pretty spot on. A lot will rest on whether the club decides to build around what we have developing whilst keeping reliable senior players (like those you've mentioned) in the team or do they bite the bullet and continue to rotate these players out over the next season. It might be as simple as starting the year with a fit list, seeing how we go over the first 8 weeks then resetting goals depending on how we're travelling - or there might be a bigger plan that we stick to no matter what.

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Really need to get the forward line synergy right for the wins to start rolling in.
Massive preseason by our young guys and we should see huge improvement.
Few unknowns like our backline need to get hammered out too.

discodaddy

All Australian
Jun 13, 2011
Canberra
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
There are no others
I think comments like this are pretty spot on. A lot will rest on whether the club decides to build around what we have developing whilst keeping reliable senior players (like those you've mentioned) in the team or do they bite the bullet and continue to rotate these players out over the next season. It might be as simple as starting the year with a fit list, seeing how we go over the first 8 weeks then resetting goals depending on how we're travelling - or there might be a bigger plan that we stick to no matter what.
  1. Get to 12 wins
  2. Put feet up on couch
  3. Profit.

Back