Coach NMFC Senior Coach Rhyce Shaw - Ben Buckley announces NMFC & Shaw will part ways immediately

Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I just can’t understand the way Brown’s week off was framed. Ok even if he deserves to be dropped, given what he just announced, just say managed. I mean if you want to make a statement with Polec, our best player last week, having it say omitted for Polec and managed for Brown helps send your message.

Plus potential trade value.

Every week shaw manages to shake my head. And my expectations are low to begin with.

Billy Not Really

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2018
Licking windows at the back of the bus.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Trust the big bald head.

He has a vision for this team and he's willing to take some bold risks, moves and reassessments on players and the way we play in order to succeed, let him throw the magnets around this year and do some crazy s**t before the list really gets turned over.

It's the only way to find out who's worth keeping and who isn't.

Feb 1, 2008
Thailand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The rolling deal

1596417895676.png

remfan101

Club Legend
Oct 23, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Our gameplan is god awful. Yes, we have a lot of subpar players + footskills, but even when we execute perfectly our style sucks and won’t stack up.

Who names a team with 7 talls and poor skills, then instructs them to play slow possession footy, flick the ball around by hand and avoid long kicks going forwards? It’s horrible to watch, doesn’t complement our list, and its entirely on Rhyce.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
Our gameplan is god awful. Yes, we have a lot of subpar players + footskills, but even when we execute perfectly our style sucks and won’t stack up.

Who names a team with 7 talls and poor skills, then instructs them to play slow possession footy, flick the ball around by hand and avoid long kicks going forwards? It’s horrible to watch, doesn’t complement our list, and its entirely on Rhyce.

It quite obvious he’s told them to not kick it long to lever and may.
He’s already wearing thin on me with team selection and lack of game style.
Don’t know what we’re trying to do and don’t get me started on the 7 talls. We played our best footy when we only had 5 talls in the side.

Themanbun

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Tell you what, we probably deep down knew we needed a rebuild. But if North Melbourne of 2019 under Brad was performing as to its potential - with Rhyce and Brady now hinting we don't have a good list and need to rebuild - well what was the point of rejecting the former coach's appeal for a rebuild, and then to appoint a new coach on the promise of better performances?

Today was a genuine attempt to win and that's what we dished up.

Tell you what, we probably deep down knew we needed a rebuild. But if North Melbourne of 2019 under Brad was performing as to its potential - with Rhyce and Brady now hinting we don't have a good list and need to rebuild - well what was the point of rejecting the former coach's appeal for a rebuild, and then to appoint a new coach on the promise of better performances?

The point of rejecting the former coach's appeal for a rebuild is that he had a decade to work out when to rebuild and when not to. He did not deserve any more years on the payroll.

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Stick with the coach that already had their hand at rebuilding and then topping up over 10 years, ultimately to leave you in this position?

Or go with the promising young coach who costs half as much for 2 years while you get a ruthless pro to reshape the list?

Themanbun

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The point of rejecting the former coach's appeal for a rebuild is that he had a decade to work out when to rebuild and when not to. He did not deserve any more years on the payroll.

I am not disputing the sacking of the former coach, but we were trying to win today and this is what we dished up. I find it impossible to believe that the team of back half 2019 is capable of serving this up today. Pathetic. No structure, no game plan, and we'll hide behind implications of tanking to defend it.

I am not disputing the sacking of the former coach, but we were trying to win today and this is what we dished up. I find it impossible to believe that the team of back half 2019 is capable of serving this up today. Pathetic. No structure, no game plan, and we'll hide behind implications of tanking to defend it.

I think this turns of whether or not 'we were trying to win today'.

cough ... tanking ... cough

(don't tell the AFL).

Back