Coach NMFC Senior Coach Rhyce Shaw - Ben Buckley announces NMFC & Shaw will part ways immediately

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Words are hollow and meaningless if there is no substance behind them.

I think we can safely say there is substance behind them. It doesn't mean we will win the lot, but that's our ambition.

Couple of other points....

"New men are in place but complications and delays in doing so, such as West Coast barring Brady Rawlings from starting with North until December, meant the club was short for key events".

Yep than can keep saying it doesn't make it necessarily true. It of course appeared that way, that also could have been by design.

1581298773450.png

Now of course under the old management we didn't set any goals. We were about building a side for long term success, we all know that was a cop out.

That though is the biggest smack yet for Scott, " it's a joke I reckon".

FYI no one has heard from Brad since he got the arse , I mean left of his own accord.

When Shaw took over last year....there was a consensus that he was playing the team by their strengths. Hard, aggressive, tackling etc and he has spoken publicly about wanting this team to have this reputation going forward.

To me those traits of being hard, aggressive, tackling etc should be a given in every football team. The fact that it's our hallmark as a side might suggest that the coach doesn't think we have the players good enough to play structured, efficient football.

It's was the Bulldogs first game too, they had players missing as well......they hit targets better and were more dangerous inside 50.

It's not panic stations yet but what I saw tonight has an eerie look to what I've seen before over and over and over again.

Our board has either not allowed Shaw to rebuild from a blank canvas or they've told him to do the best he can with a pair of 2's (a crap hand in poker). Which is no different to the situation Laidley & Scott were put in.

Scott only left because he thought it was best for the club and the club acted on it. Had he kept his mouth shut....he'd still be our coach. We don't sack coaches at North....we wait it out in the desperate hope that our problems will fix themselves in their own merry way.

Weak.....**** off.

Our board has no balls in wanting to go all in on trying to get the team better. Instead it's focus is on profit, tassie money, the huddle, forced feminism ratio of people employed at the club, saying the magic catch phrase Shinboner Spirit every month or so.

You won't get to finish line if all you wanna do is stay afloat.

It's was the Bulldogs first game too, they had players missing as well......they hit targets better and were more dangerous inside 50.

Missing 6 of your top 8 doesn't compare sorry.

Going to take more than 6 months to undo the mess Scott left us in.

Even for a pre-season game the skill level was a bit on the nose, but all I care about is the season proper. If we aren't remotely close to switched on in the Sydney game, then I'll be concerned.

I think people need to temper their expectations of this year.

It appeared to me and I’d need to rewatch as I was there behind our cheer squad so not great vision , but, it appeared to me that we were trying a million different combinations - the back 6 changed every 15 minutes and same with each group - players were being tried and tested in bursts with few exceptions that I could tell.

Happy to be corrected there

But most of our top tier and some of our second tier like EVW Were out and basically 26-28 players got cycled through like true training / practice run,

Numbers of minutes for some,different roles for others, Basic opportunity for the newbies.

I reckon the couches had a list of things they wanted to see - tick tick tick with no care About the score so much as understanding players a bit more snd what they need to do next.

I could be way off but that’s my feeling.

I could barely keep up with the changes

It appeared to me and I’d need to rewatch as I was there behind our cheer squad so not great vision , but, it appeared to me that we were trying a million different combinations - the back 6 changed every 15 minutes and same with each group - players were being tried and tested in bursts with few exceptions that I could tell.

Happy to be corrected there

But most of our top tier and some of our second tier like EVW Were out and basically 26-28 players got cycled through like true training / practice run,

Numbers of minutes for some,different roles for others, Basic opportunity for the newbies.

I reckon the couches had a list of things they wanted to see - tick tick tick with no care About the score so much as understanding players a bit more snd what they need to do next.

I could be way off but that’s my feeling.

I could barely keep up with the changes

I was around the same area as you. My first reaction when I saw our forward line run down to our cheer squad end was “Shaw is having a play here”. That’s how it seemed to carry on for the rest of the night. Remember, last night was the very first time that Rhyce had an opportunity to play around without having to worry about the result. When you think about that, you can understand that we have to take last night’s performance with a grain of salt. I hate losing as much as the next person and I know if we field the same team and they play in a similar manner in the season proper, we will lose every game. I still haven’t heard Shaw’s views on proceedings. I’m looking forward to it more than usual.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
A lot of head in the sand reactions here. Last night was as close to a dogs breakfast that it gets.

If you aren’t even slightly concerned by what you saw last night, then be prepared for a rude shock this year.

Yes it was a practice match, but unless they were practicing poor skill execution, then last night was an epic fail.

We are not an elite side who can treat this like a pure fitness run, games like last night should be used to practice execution. If we are that poor in a low intensity practice match, imagine trying to execute in the heat of the real stuff.

The worry thing is that it’s the same experienced players making the same dumb mistakes. I think Rhys might need to make some tough calls and use this year to blood players that might not be ready, but have the traits execute at AFL level.

Too many poorly skilled players that have been on the list long enough to improve.

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
A lot of head in the sand reactions here. Last night was as close to a dogs breakfast that it gets.

If you aren’t even slightly concerned by what you saw last night, then be prepared for a rude shock this year.

Yes it was a practice match, but unless they were practicing poor skill execution, then last night was an epic fail.

We are not an elite side who can treat this like a pure fitness run, games like last night should be used to practice execution. If we are that poor in a low intensity practice match, imagine trying to execute in the heat of the real stuff.

The worry thing is that it’s the same experienced players making the same dumb mistakes. I think Rhys might need to make some tough calls and use this year to blood players that might not be ready, but have the traits execute at AFL level.

Too many poorly skilled players that have been on the list long enough to improve.
How many threads are you going to post the same whinge in?

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

We beat them convincingly in the last game we played them that mattered. Previously last night’s game would’ve been one of those Mickey Mouse games played at North Ballarat.

Disposal pox and I’m glad there was plenty of ammo for the coaches to drill into the players to work hard on for the coming weeks.

We were poor!

Nov 25, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I like him. I like his emotional intelligence. I like his story as a player. Showed real guts to do what he did in Sydney after his tumult at the filth. I reckon he's got premiershio coach written all over him. But if I could have his ear I'd tell him that if he relies on the same mature core that Brad Scott did then the same fate will befall him.

domiroo

It’s a big kick it’s long kick it’s a goal .....
Dec 26, 2007
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Catanzaro / Manchester City
It see
Going to take more than 6 months to undo the mess Scott left us in.

Even for a pre-season game the skill level was a bit on the nose, but all I care about is the season proper. If we aren't remotely close to switched on in the Sydney game, then I'll be concerned.

I think people need to temper their expectations of this year.

it seemed Scott was coaching last night 🥴🤢🤮

Johnny99

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2011
In a house.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Congratulations Reece....But unless you make the decision Jmac Lmac Turner and Atley are NOT undroppable......i predict in 3 years, i will be posting "goodbye Reece".....(this is what caused Brad's demise)

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
When Shaw took over last year....there was a consensus that he was playing the team by their strengths. Hard, aggressive, tackling etc and he has spoken publicly about wanting this team to have this reputation going forward.

To me those traits of being hard, aggressive, tackling etc should be a given in every football team. The fact that it's our hallmark as a side might suggest that the coach doesn't think we have the players good enough to play structured, efficient football.

It's not panic stations yet but what I saw tonight has an eerie look to what I've seen before over and over and over again.

Our board has either not allowed Shaw to rebuild from a blank canvas or they've told him to do the best he can with a pair of 2's (a crap hand in poker). Which is no different to the situation Laidley & Scott were put in.

Scott only left because he thought it was best for the club and the club acted on it. Had he kept his mouth shut....he'd still be our coach. We don't sack coaches at North....we wait it out in the desperate hope that our problems will fix themselves in their own merry way.

Weak.....**** off.

Our board has no balls in wanting to go all in on trying to get the team better. Instead it's focus is on profit, tassie money, the huddle, forced feminism ratio of people employed at the club, saying the magic catch phrase Shinboner Spirit every month or so.

You won't get to finish line if all you wanna do is stay afloat.
Quality melt.

Back