News NMFC & Tassie (the mass debate re our future there, the academy, attending advice)

Remove this Banner Ad

Can only hope North are resigning.!!! News Radio report on our game from last night was about the "record low crowds".
Shows how many North supporters make the trip to support our team when playing in Hobart. My family , before last season, have travelled to Hobart each season, for to at least one game. Never again though.
Walk about Hobart city game weekend, so many AFL scarfs for the two teams playing.
Don't forget north have nearly 6000 Tassie members and not many of those were there last night so that is a lot of Tasmanians that are not attending.

The amount of support for * in Tassie (and I guess in general) is quite baffling to me. Been shithouse for 20 years, get sanctioned for cheating, and have some of the most punchable players in the league (Hooker/Stringer/Smith) and not in a 'players you hate but would love on your team' kind of way. What's the appeal?

Hopefully they change the deal so it means we will get a few more high drawing games because they need to give Tasmania a bit better deal for the money.
Actually having people from Melbourne able to travel down would help with that aspect. IIRC even with middling crowds all parties walk off with a decent payday (if someone has/remembers the figures off hand, go for it). Could it be better? Sure. But in general I think the arrangement has been a success for everyone. Sounds to me it's just that attitudes have changed, a bit of greed born of entitlement perhaps. Fairly understandable though, there's a pervasive and increasing belief that the AFL is happy to just offer some table scraps to the state, so an attitude of feeling entitled to more isn't exactly that unfair of one to have.

Hopefully they change the deal so it means we will get a few more high drawing games because they need to give Tasmania a bit better deal for the money.
Why? What needs to happen is for the NMFC to bail from the Hairy Map for Good. :stern look

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who is Cochrane ?

“The money is not there, the depths of playing group is not there and at the end of the day, thank God, that decision has to go to the 18 existing presidents,” Cochrane told SEN SA.

I will say Cochrane is correct. The talent doesn't exist, you cannot manufacture AFl quality talent out of thin air.

Well * me! I just watched Offsiders 5 min ago and was about to message you giantroo to see if you had the clip of them talking about Tassie.

Lomas "Dark Mofo" had the place pumping all weekend, Salamanca Market was as busy as I've ever seen it and Amy Shark had everyone (including myself) loving live music again!

On an side note, like myself, a lot of people already had purchased tickets for Amy Shark, so like me, they headed to the game after Amy finished her 1st show (3:30pm till 5:30pm and then again at 6:30pm till 8:30pm ish). Myself and the 8 of us in my group, that got there at half time, were not scanned, counted, screened etc and neither were many many others arriving for the last half..... something I'll be discussing with the relevant parties tomorrow morning.

Did we really say this:

“We’ve seen the way Hobartians have voted with their feet the last two weeks,” veteran AFL journalist Caroline Wilson said on ABC’s Offsiders.
“They have been insulted by North Melbourne telling them: ‘Turn up or you don’t even deserve to get a team.’ They don’t want North Melbourne, and nor should they. They deserve a 19th team.”

I’m no lawyer but at a time when financial negotiations are taking place, a media personality seemingly making up that we are on record as disparaging our Tasmanian partners might need to be looked at.

They would never do it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back