News NMFC & Tassie (the mass debate re our future there, the academy, attending advice)

Remove this Banner Ad

The Premier of Tas talking some big words. Looking like we’re out of Tassie - if not next year then some time in the next 4 or 5 years.

Very refreshing with this whole discussion that people like eddie and Caro are saying relocation is not an option.

I also agree with eddie. The afl should be thinking of a 20th team, but just tassie 19.

Tassie 19 enters 2027

Team 20 enters 2030

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was it just me or did Eddie just refer to reconciliation as “this equality thing we want to get into”

The Premier of Tas talking some big words. Looking like we’re out of Tassie - if not next year then some time in the next 4 or 5 years.
Then We as a hope will need to find an extra $2+ million to make up for the short fall of no Tasmanian $$$
All Supporters of North time to stand up and become members and attend games .

Very refreshing with this whole discussion that people like eddie and Caro are saying relocation is not an option.

I also agree with eddie. The afl should be thinking of a 20th team, but just tassie 19.

Tassie 19 enters 2027

Team 20 enters 2030

A 19th team is basically nothing but cost.

GC/GWS cost about $100m a piece in their first few years.

But we got 9 games a round.

20 teams gets us 10 games a round and into a conference discussion.

A 19th team is basically nothing but cost.

GC/GWS cost about $100m a piece in their first few years.

But we got 9 games a round.

20 teams gets us 10 games a round and into a conference discussion.

I think tassie will exceed expectations and be strong from the start. At the moment people like afl there, giving them a team will generate adoring fans. It won’t cost much overall but give more.

It also brings them comp closer to an extra game that will generate more money. The sooner they work out how they are getting there, the better for everyone.

I think tassie will exceed expectations and be strong from the start. At the moment people like afl there, giving them a team will generate adoring fans. It won’t cost much overall but give more.

It also brings them comp closer to an extra game that will generate more money. The sooner they work out how they are getting there, the better for everyone.
Why would they exceed expectations? And people in Tas already follow football, it is not like the AFL would be opening up a new market. I believe they deserve a team, and would love to see it, but the introduction of a team in Tasmania would not generate more revenue, which is all the AFL cares about.

Great for Tassie and great for North!

It would genuinely depend upon what the expectations are.

Relative to GWS or GC it would likely cost less and earn more in dollar terms.

It would genuinely depend upon what the expectations are.

Relative to GWS or GC it would likely cost less and earn more in dollar terms.

I promise you they’ll have 50k members within 2 years. They’ll unite a geographically significant area under a common team and be onward and upward.

They’ll generate cash and jobs for the state. They’ll probably slightly increase Melbourne away game crowds compared to gws and Gold Coast.

All that and it’s govt backed. Get it contracted and you’re golden. It adds 11 games or whatever. That’s goodwill to the broadcaster. And you’re half way to the extra weekly game.

And while we are at it.

Could a Northen Australia team come in as team 20. Based between NT and Cairns/Townsville. Brand it as an indigenous team.

As Eddie said tonight, leverage the Olympics for a swish bang new headquarters post or pre Olympics.

Bang. You’re golden.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back