News NMFC & Tassie (the mass debate re our future there, the academy, attending advice)

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
That No Bull bloke was certainly full of it.

....you might laugh at this proposition....

And people wonder why there is not more faith in the NMFC staff/Board.

The irony is that a few of us did laugh when No Bull posted this nonsense - however even the most pessimistic of us wouldn't have thought we would go 0-4 in Tassie in 2019 - and that is the favourite right now.

Gunna get real ugly by the fourth game the way things are going.

Have nothing but love for Tassie and Tasmanians, but Saturday night's game passed by the AFL and it's public as if it didn't happen at all.

Out of sight. Out of mind. Out of ideas.

scooby1279

Norm Smith Medallist
May 15, 2004
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
kangaroos
No Bull said:
If we win 4 games in Tassie in 2019 and it helps us play finals, would you be happy with that? Would you buy a ticket if we made a prelim again? Would you do everything in your power to secure a GF seat if we made it? You might laugh at this proposition, but the club is thinking this way. 4 wins in Tassie this year would have seen us in the finals.

First time i read this, wow no wonder the club is in no mans land what a pathetic thing to say and shows the thinking of the board.

It staggers me that death riding **** stains like Eddie McGuire somehow draw a link between sacking a coach and relocating. How does one have any connection to the other?
Eddie just does anything that benefits Collingwood.

He sees eliminating other clubs from Melbourne as an easy way to continue to grow his own club. He's never been subtle about it.

As you say he's an absolute stain of a person.

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He's said the same about three games.

Now it's four.

I can’t recall him saying we’d only have three games, only remember him saying we’d always
be a Melbourne club. At any rate having a categorical 4 game limit stated is pretty positive

Apr 1, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, Raiders, GSW, QPR, NYM
I can’t recall him saying we’d only have three games, only remember him saying we’d always
be a Melbourne club. At any rate having a categorical 4 game limit stated is pretty positive

There's a quote earlier in the thread about the maximum number of games being three.

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
There's a quote earlier in the thread about the maximum number of games being three.

I’m not saying there wasn’t btw I just can’t remember it. Having it on video can be used against him now

Mr Taswegian

Roo Man
May 25, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The next Hobart game is against the low supported GWS in 2 weeks,last year this game got just a bit over 7000,probably get even less this year considering its a twilight game.

Sideburns Ahern

Team Captain
Apr 6, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Wonder if they'll get more than today's game in Shanghai. That's supposed to be a 10,000 seat arena but looked barely quarter full.

AdmiralBenson

All Australian
May 21, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We win against Suns (as we must and should) and I'd expect 8,000 or so.

Lose and well, yep. Nearly halve it. Probably won't even go myself.

Back