News NMFC & Tassie (the mass debate re our future there, the academy, attending advice)

Mr Taswegian

Roo Man
May 25, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
North Melbourne are reducing ticket prices to next Sundays game in Hobart against gws and a lot of free tickets also about.Considering this game is a unpopular twilight time I believe it could be lower than the 7300 that attended the same game last last year,I'm tipping a crowd of 4-5 thousand. Why have the afl rostered this game in Hobart for a third year in row,when they know this game can't get a decent crowd in a small market like Hobart.

AdmiralBenson

All Australian
May 21, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It will be a small crowd.
Maybe 8k or so. Bad timeslot and plastic opponent.

Ponting Stand closer to wing a good place. (yes higher than GA but the hill can get pretty awful for not much less).

Mr Taswegian

Roo Man
May 25, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It will be a small crowd.
Maybe 8k or so. Bad timeslot and plastic opponent.

Ponting Stand closer to wing a good place. (yes higher than GA but the hill can get pretty awful for not much less).
They will be quite happy if they got that many,I don't see it getting more than last year.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
We still make coin whether 2 or 8k turn up.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

There'll still be more people there than show up at the TSL grand final.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Its a bad look for Hobart though,if it was a twilight game I would of come down with 2 of my Friends.

I suppose the folks of Tassie should get off their arses and show some interest in AFL footy.

It's certainly a better look than this:

1559964968521.png

...which is what it would be if North wasn't there.

AdmiralBenson

All Australian
May 21, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We and Hawks need to move on right now.

This co-model is for the bin.

Tasmania own team is long overdue.

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The point is though there doesn't appear to be any 'banging the door down' by Taswegians to see North Melbourne played in Hobart on a regular basis.

If they want a 'fuller season' - ie 4 games in Hobart - they need to show interest and enthusiasm. At this stage it appears they are picking and choosing the games/teams that suit them in order to show up. That doesn't inspire confidence that there is a sustainable long term market down there for us.

It may also suggest that Tassie will only support their own side - not a fly in fly out arrangement like we have.

From North's perspective it appears all we are doing at the moment is being a little bit pregnant in both markets - no home games in Melbourne for the months of June and July is just disastrous and a key factor why we are not achieving growth in the local market. Getting less than 10k to games in Hobart shows there is no immediate alternative market there either.

I am not saying we abandon Hobart - but the move to 4 home games there seems to be one of many poor decisions the club made in the 2017-early 2019 era.

Hopefully the review of Operations under way now concludes that 2-3 games per year is the best outcome for us in Hobart.

Mr Taswegian

Roo Man
May 25, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The point is though there doesn't appear to be any 'banging the door down' by Taswegians to see North Melbourne played in Hobart on a regular basis.

If they want a 'fuller season' - ie 4 games in Hobart - they need to show interest and enthusiasm. At this stage it appears they are picking and choosing the games/teams that suit them in order to show up. That doesn't inspire confidence that there is a sustainable long term market down there for us.

It may also suggest that Tassie will only support their own side - not a fly in fly out arrangement like we have.

From North's perspective it appears all we are doing at the moment is being a little bit pregnant in both markets - no home games in Melbourne for the months of June and July is just disastrous and a key factor why we are not achieving growth in the local market. Getting less than 10k to games in Hobart shows there is no immediate alternative market there either.

I am not saying we abandon Hobart - but the move to 4 home games there seems to be one of many poor decisions the club made in the 2017-early 2019 era.

Hopefully the review of Operations under way now concludes that 2-3 games per year is the best outcome for us in Hobart.
The only games that are getting less the 10000 are against Gws,they don't have a supporter base anywhere apart from a small supporter base in Sydney.

North Melbourne are reducing ticket prices to next Sundays game in Hobart against gws and a lot of free tickets also about.Considering this game is a unpopular twilight time I believe it could be lower than the 7300 that attended the same game last last year,I'm tipping a crowd of 4-5 thousand. Why have the afl rostered this game in Hobart for a third year in row,when they know this game can't get a decent crowd in a small market like Hobart.
Tassy doesn't deserve us.

Mr Taswegian

Roo Man
May 25, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The crowds in Hobart have been decent against all other teams,considering north has a smaller supporter base,these games against gws can't get good crowds anywhere they are played.The Gaints dont have any supporters in Tasmania and also no travelling supporters,so it has nothing to do with Tasmania.

Back