News NMFC & Tassie (the mass debate re our future there, the academy, attending advice)

Remove this Banner Ad

Palpatine

Premium Gold
Jun 9, 2010
Launceston
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Kentucky Wildcats
Devils land AFL expertise
by AFLTas AFLTas | Oct 14, 2019 | #NABLeagueBoys, Tasmania Devils

The Tasmania Devils will attack 2020 with new-found AFL expertise with the highly credentialed Cameron Joyce confirmed as the new Tasmania Devils NAB League Development Coach.
Joyce is a highly experienced and respected football person that has performed a range of roles in the industry across two decades. He joins the Devils after 11 years at North Melbourne Football Club, most recently as the club’s General Manager of Football. Joyce has also held roles at West Coast Eagles and the Richmond Football Club in an impressive tenure in the top league.
Joyce is also well accustomed with the competition he will coach in next season, previously performing the role of Development Coach at NAB League powerhouse, Oakleigh Chargers.
Joyce arrives in Tasmania to pursue his coaching ambition and is excited to take the helm of the Devils.
“I am very excited to be joining AFL Tasmania to coach the Tasmania Devils. I am passionate about coaching and developing talent and I can’t wait to get started.
“I am looking forward to working with the experienced talent team we have in the state to build on the momentum of the first year in the competition.”

Joyce has significant AFL experience. IC: AFL Photos
Joyce is no stranger to his new island home, visiting the state regularly from 2012 in his role at North Melbourne.
“It has been a home away from home for me in recent years, but I am really looking forward to making Tassie my permanent home and to work with the many passionate football people right across the state.
“It is a heartland football state that has produced some really special football talents and I’m excited to get the opportunity to play a part in seeing the next wave of talent.”
AFL Tasmania CEO Trisha Squires believes the arrival of Joyce is a coup for the Devils program.
“This is another positive sign and step for Tassie football.
“It is exciting news; it is significant for our program and our state to attract talented and passionate people like Cameron (Joyce) to work in key roles.
“We see Cameron not just having a big impact on our NAB League program but broadly on coaching and development in the state.”
Joyce was the standout candidate from an impressive list of applicants.
“He is fresh out of the AFL system and has really valuable industry knowledge and contacts but also has NAB League experience,” Squires said.
“Cameron has served in coaching and non-coaching roles and brings a well-rounded outlook on the game and a wide breadth of skills to the role,” she added.
Joyce is expected to commence in the role in November 2019.

The Tasmania Devils will attack 2020 with new-found AFL expertise with the highly credentialed Cameron Joyce confirmed as the new Tasmania Devils NAB League Development Coach.
Joyce is a highly experienced and respected football person that has performed a range of roles in the industry across two decades. He joins the Devils after 11 years at North Melbourne Football Club, most recently as the club’s General Manager of Football. Joyce has also held roles at West Coast Eagles and the Richmond Football Club in an impressive tenure in the top league.
Joyce is also well accustomed with the competition he will coach in next season, previously performing the role of Development Coach at NAB League powerhouse, Oakleigh Chargers.
Joyce arrives in Tasmania to pursue his coaching ambition and is excited to take the helm of the Devils.
“I am very excited to be joining AFL Tasmania to coach the Tasmania Devils. I am passionate about coaching and developing talent and I can’t wait to get started.
“I am looking forward to working with the experienced talent team we have in the state to build on the momentum of the first year in the competition.”

Joyce is no stranger to his new island home, visiting the state regularly from 2012 in his role at North Melbourne.
“It has been a home away from home for me in recent years, but I am really looking forward to making Tassie my permanent home and to work with the many passionate football people right across the state.
“It is a heartland football state that has produced some really special football talents and I’m excited to get the opportunity to play a part in seeing the next wave of talent.”
AFL Tasmania CEO Trisha Squires believes the arrival of Joyce is a coup for the Devils program.
“It is exciting news; it is significant for our program and our state to attract talented and passionate people like Cameron (Joyce) to work in key roles.
“We see Cameron not just having a big impact on our NAB League program but broadly on coaching and development in the state.”
“He is fresh out of the AFL system and has really valuable industry knowledge and contacts but also has NAB League experience,” Squires said.
“Cameron has served in coaching and non-coaching roles and brings a well-rounded outlook on the game and a wide breadth of skills to the role,” she added.
My moneys on the Tassie team finishing mid table next year.

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do not understand the bullshit this bloke cops. Must be a supercoach thing.

I hope he does well.
Was either the architect or the main flag bearer of the 'we gots the cash' recruiting strategy.

Him copping s**t may stem from there.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Was either the architect or the main flag bearer of the 'we gots the cash' recruiting strategy.

Him copping s**t may stem from there.

So basically the supercoach junkies blame him for not getting their fix?

So basically the supercoach junkies blame him for not getting their fix?
Maybe.

There is also the element of him being a subordinate of Brad's promoted to be his superior and then Brad being found to be, shall we say, underperforming.

Wasn't just one thing and it's in the past. I wish him success in his new role and I'm glad of our new direction.

El Triggso

Foremost authority and leading expert
Sep 26, 2013
Club cafe
AFL Club
North Melbourne

A friendly pair of eyes won’t hurt down there with a view to academy players

Let’s hope he properly *manages* the registration forms of the best young talent, particularly those from migrant and indigenous backgrounds who could otherwise be lost to the game.

Lets face facts. The original AFL plan was to have us play 7 Tassy, 7 home, 4 or 5 other home share and rest around about. I still believe that is their wish. We are still 'based at Arden St' but Tassy gets a stronger presence. This premise has never gone away and the AFL were somewhat set back when Kennet signed an extended deal with his Tassy polly mate which delayed the AFLs plans.

Apr 27, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Lets face facts. The original AFL plan was to have us play 7 Tassy, 7 home, 4 or 5 other home share and rest around about. I still believe that is their wish. We are still 'based at Arden St' but Tassy gets a stronger presence. This premise has never gone away and the AFL were somewhat set back when Kennet signed an extended deal with his Tassy polly mate which delayed the AFLs plans.
It wasn’t just the AFLs plan. JB was barred up like a prison window at just the thought of it

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
We're not going anywhere unless 1) incompetence runs us in to the ground, or 2) the members agree to go.

I don't hold any doubts about point 2..............but point 1...............I dunno.

It wasn’t just the AFLs plan. JB was barred up like a prison window at just the thought of it
It was the AFLs plan - JB was seduced to follow but eventually changed his mind. One vote saved our club.

Ok gokangas I will take your word for it.
I mistakenly believed it was Jeff Kennett that saved us from 7 games in Tassie.
I am sure they were all in each others pocket (NMFC and AFL). Kennets role is interesting in terms of extending the TAS arrangement. I don't trust the AFL one bit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back