News NMFC & Tassie (the mass debate re our future there, the academy, attending advice)

Remove this Banner Ad

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
Based on no crowds this year but still getting tassie sponsorship money? Hope that's what it is.
Or saying we want to fulfil our obligations to Tasmania and if it's the Tasmanian Govt refusing to let us in, then that's not our fault, so you still need to pay us.

This is all about protecting the dollars, which I understand. The Gov has said that there will not be any mass crowd events this year. I haven't seen that repeated for while so it doesn't matter too much where the games are as we will all be watching on the telly.

big_e

Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
The
The Tas premier has indicated that he is not interested in playing AFL here in front of empty stadiums because they get no economical benefit out of that.
Not our problem.

They contracted us to play a certain number of games, we are ready, willing and able to fulfill our obligations and we should be paid accordingly.

Mr Taswegian

Roo Man
May 25, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not our problem.

They contracted us to play a certain number of games, we are ready, willing and able to fulfill our obligations and we should be paid accordingly.
I understand that,it will be interesting what happens here because a number of people in Tassie believe we shouldn't have to pay money to north and Hawks this year for the deals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL don't want them now, I mean, why would they? This pandemic gave them the perfect out, and the coming financial readjustment will impact this idea further.
Not unless AFL bites the bullet and moves the Suns south. I don't see the Suns surviving long term anyway, so it may be the best option either way.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Not unless AFL bites the bullet and moves the Suns south. I don't see the Suns surviving long term anyway, so it may be the best option either way.

I can’t see the AFL pulling the pin on GC anytime soon. They want a game in QLD every week. Besides, they don’t need a team in Tassie. As a market I imagine it’s worth * all to them.

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The government has talked about contributing 8 to 12 million a year to run a team,a lot of people have been suggesting that it should be North Melbourne that relocates,so it will be interesting what happens with this.

An interesting development, this is the first time I've ever heard that North Melb should relocate. Where did you hear that?

I understand that,it will be interesting what happens here because a number of people in Tassie believe we shouldn't have to pay money to north and Hawks this year for the deals.
You’ll be paying. Your Dopey Government signed the deal. :stern look

I’m all for concern where it’s due, but this seems cut and dry to me.

The league is in a pile of economic s**t.

We want to ensure we eeek every potential cent from every pre existing sector that we can.

If we play Tazzie games anywhere else it opens the door for Tazzie to reneg on the agreement.

We can’t have that happen, hence this.

Mr Taswegian

Roo Man
May 25, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You're gonna need a better lawyer if that's the argument.
An interesting development, this is the first time I've ever heard that North Melb should relocate. Where did you hear that?
A number of sports commentators and a lot people always say that north is the team that the AFL want in Tasmania.Several years ago north suggested playing 7 games here and the AFL tried to kick out Hawthorn so it could happen.

big_e

Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
A number of sports commentators and a lot people always say that north is the team that the AFL want in Tasmania.Several years ago north suggested playing 7 games here and the AFL tried to kick out Hawthorn so it could happen.
North Melbourne don't want to move to Tasmania, and Tasmania wants its own team. End of.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back