News NMFC & Tassie (the mass debate re our future there, the academy, attending advice)

Remove this Banner Ad

If North are asking for 4 home games in Hobart this year and the Tasmanian Government so no because of no crowds do North have a case to sue them?

If North are asking for 4 home games in Hobart this year and the Tasmanian Government so no because of no crowds do North have a case to sue them?

It's been covered above - it depends upon the terms of the contract. If there's a force majeure clause (almost certainly will be), it might give grounds to Tasmania to avoid paying (depends upon how the clause is drafted).

It's been covered above - it depends upon the terms of the contract. If there's a force majeure clause (almost certainly will be), it might give grounds to Tasmania to avoid paying (depends upon how the clause is drafted).

In which case no club would ever do biz with them again.

The WORST scenario for them is if Hawthorn and North both turn their backs on the state and they end up with nothing. Tasmania would be completely forgotten about from that point onward.

There will be a negotiated outcome IMO. It would be poor form of us to demand full compensation without Tas getting all their ususal benefits just as it would be poor form for them to cut us loose completely. Looks like a bit of political positioning by all parties.

There will be a negotiated outcome IMO. It would be poor form of us to demand full compensation without Tas getting all their ususal benefits just as it would be poor form for them to cut us loose completely. Looks like a bit of political positioning by all parties.
Has to be so. Every detail of every sport at the moment is in a 'negotiated outcome' position with heaps of things. Cannot expect full sponsorship with no spectators and the related tourism.

It might also be a bad image precedent for us, might be better off cutting and running rather than spook future commercial partners.

No football at Bellerive this season
Lack of goal posts never stopped a game of schoolyard footy back in the day - just chuck four spaced apart school jumpers on the ground at each end. Problem solved.
If we do play in Tassie this year, it'll be a shame if we can't play there as we do enjoy a genuine advantage due to the physical characteristics of the ground.

Lack of goal posts never stopped a game of schoolyard footy back in the day - just chuck four spaced apart school jumpers on the ground at each end. Problem solved.
If we do play in Tassie this year, it'll be a shame if we can't play there as we do enjoy a genuine advantage due to the physical characteristics of the ground.
Sentences I didn't expect to read in 2020, volume 1,546,426:

"If North Melbourne play in Tasmania in 2020 they may have to play in Launceston as Blundstone Arena in Hobart will be without goalposts for the winter.

The situation arose because the company that dismantles the sightscreen at the ground has been unable to enter Tasmania due to the COVID-19 quarantine restrictions."

"If North Melbourne play in Tasmania in 2020 they may have to play in Launceston as Blundstone Arena in Hobart will be without goalposts for the winter.

The situation arose because the company that dismantles the sightscreen at the ground has been unable to enter Tasmania due to the COVID-19 quarantine restrictions."
I’m hearing Tasmanian cricket has banned North and Clarence football club from playing there as it’s unsuitable for football this year.

I know Tasmanians are often on the rough end of jokes, but surely they're inviting ridicule in suggesting that there's no-one in the state who can dismantle a sightscreen.

Reminds me of a joke that I heard in primary school: why don't they have ice in Ireland? Because the lady who knew the recipe died.

I know Tasmanians are often on the rough end of jokes, but surely they're inviting ridicule in suggesting that there's no-one in the state who can dismantle a sightscreen.

Reminds me of a joke that I heard in primary school: why don't they have ice in Ireland? Because the lady who knew the recipe died.
Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Agree.

Tassie wants to be careful that AFL footy doesn't pull up stumps altogether and leaves them with nothing.

If the Tasmanian government, in a post-Covid, near normal world, is still willing to gift money to AFL clubs, is that likely?

Why do people assume that they LOSE money out of these ventures?

They would take a 10 game deal if they could get it, and they'll be doing everything possible to get people IN to the state and spending money.

They're not GIFTing anything mate.

Chances of a tassie hub since qld And SA looks unlikely?
All 10 teams need to leave Victoria and they need to do it yesterday. The delaying of the inevitable shows a frightful level of incompetence from administrators in charge of a billion dollar industry.

We should be taking advantage of our already established setup down in Hobart which only Hawthorn can emulate. If we could create a situation where most of our games are at Blundstone Arena in front of fans it could give us a real edge on field this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back