News NMFC & Tassie (the mass debate re our future there, the academy, attending advice)

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't stand Jeff but I hope Gutsweiner realises he might've turned up to a gun fight with a knife.

Hawthorn can weather the storm of pulling out I'd guess, but Gutty will be left standing with his dick in his hand.

If hawthorn pull out of Tasmania they lose their major sponsor

If they do pull out of Tasmania, Kennett will probably try to keep them on board as a sponsor by offering to change the name of Dingley to Tasmania...
The addition of the Saints as possible candidates to replace the Hawks adds another element to all the usual wrangling over a new deal. Kennett won't be able to bend them over like he did last time. Though it'll probably end up being a bit of Mexican stand-off full of posturing and empty threats and offers.

And they will struggle to get another top tier sponsor without a W team.

Kennett has spoken about this.

You would struggle to find a more delusional poster than "madmug" in the Tassie AFL team thread on the AFL board.

He actually believes the Tasmanian premier has the power to dictate the AFL draw for Tasmanian matches.

Not the full quid that one.

Jeff is just trying to make the Tasmanian Government commit to Hawthorn before they hear either way from the AFL. He will try to get another 4 years out of them which will realistically be about as soon as the AFL will commit to letting them have a team.

He probably wants a contract in place that they then need to scrap if they do get a team which he will demand is paid out and compensated. He would know how to squeeze them for cash.

They need that sponsorship.

They won't get a replacement at anywhere near the same level without a W side.

“We are very disappointed we are not in the AFL, not only for our female (VFLW) players, but also our female membership,” Kennett said.

“I consider it to be gross discrimination against the four clubs that are not part of it.

“It puts us at a huge disadvantage in terms of our membership and sponsorship and our ability to participate fully in what is the AFL.

Don't know much about the Gutsy Weiner but reckon he'll blink before the self-anointed Mother Teresa does.

Doesn't have to an election before 14 May 2022.

Gutwein actually holds leverage in this regard

The Premier has indicated that we need a new model because footy is dieing in Tasmania,probably better Puting the money into national Sports that are actually interested in Tasmania.

What a fascinating strategy to get yourself an AFL team. Tell the AFL that the code is dying in Tasmania. That's sure to have them drop everything in order to set a club up for failure.

It's like fronting up to Ford in Detroit and saying, "Hey, remember Australia? Remember all those Bathurst wins and all the cars you sold. Well, the car market is pretty much in the crapper down under, so why don't you come back and set up a new factory so you can p!ss away another few billion? Oh, and if you don't, we're going to invite Vespa to build a scooter factory. So yeah, how do you like them apples?"

Doesn't have to an election before 14 May 2022.

Gutwein actually holds leverage in this regard

Provided we emerge with the best result for us they can knock themselves out.

I just think the street fighters like the former Honourable Selfless Beyond Blue chair always find a way to emerge with the biscuits.

I just think the street fighters like the former Honourable Selfless Beyond Blue chair always find a way to emerge with the biscuits.

We flourished when we had similar types at Arden Street.

What a fascinating strategy to get yourself an AFL team. Tell the AFL that the code is dying in Tasmania. That's sure to have them drop everything in order to set a club up for failure.

It's like fronting up to Ford in Detroit and saying, "Hey, remember Australia? Remember all those Bathurst wins and all the cars you sold. Well, the car market is pretty much in the crapper down under, so why don't you come back and set up a new factory so you can p!ss away another few billion? Oh, and if you don't, we're going to invite Vespa to build a scooter factory. So yeah, how do you like them apples?"

I was equally intrigued with the claim "national sports" will be rushing in to seduce Tassie in the AFL's place.

The NRL probably haven't even heard of Tasmania.

A-League would prefer to have 14 teams out of Coffs Harbour before even looking at a Tasmanian bid.

Unless you count the Tasmania JackJumpers, in which case sure, careful AFL the NBL onslaught is a'coming.

I was equally intrigued with the claim "national sports" will be rushing in to seduce Tassie in the AFL's place.

The NRL probably haven't even heard of Tasmania.

A-League would prefer to have 14 teams out of Coffs Harbour before even looking at a Tasmanian bid.

Unless you count the Tasmania JackJumpers, in which case sure, careful AFL the NBL onslaught is a'coming.

It will be Collingwood & Richmond vs Melbourne Storm & Brisbane Broncos fighting over Tasmania's $800K! :tearsofjoy:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

?????????

They didn't go for a W on his watch. He's now out sooking, as above, how not having a W is costing Hawthorn sponsorship and membership.

He NEEDS to go absolutely hard as possible to keep Tassie because if they lose Tassie they lose their major sponsor and they won't get ANYWHERE near as good a deal being a Melbourne only side wit no W team.

He needs to emerge with the biscuits here.

It will be Collingwood & Richmond vs Melbourne Storm & Brisbane Broncos fighting over Tasmania's $800K! :tearsofjoy:

I've reconsidered.

I'm sure in this time of corporate and government emphasis on diversity and inclusiveness, businesses and sponsors are falling over each other to get involved with the whitest, least ethnically diverse place on earth that was jailing men in the last 2 decades for tugging each other off in their own houses.

I'd vote for Pol Pot before him but there's no doubt he helped fortify Ian Dicker's hard work.

He was good for a while, but strategically let them down by allowing them to be become too reliant in Tassie and not getting them a W team.

That he sooks so loudly about the W team now is proof he knows how much he stuffed up there.

?????????

They didn't go for a W on his watch. He's now out sooking, as above, how not having a W is costing Hawthorn sponsorship and membership.

He NEEDS to go absolutely hard as possible to keep Tassie because if they lose Tassie they lose their major sponsor and they won't get ANYWHERE near as good a deal being a Melbourne only side wit no W team.

He needs to emerge with the biscuits here.

Mate let me preface this again, I ****ing hate him.

The W team was a strategic blunder I'd say. They felt they could just sit back and not be first adopter, watch how things go and waltz in when it suited them. Bad play.

But I reckon he's well enough connected that he'll get what he wants sooner or later.

I'm very happy to be wrong, in fact I'll purchase and consume a glass of Pimm's just for you if I do.

I've reconsidered.

I'm sure in this time of corporate and government emphasis on diversity and inclusiveness, businesses and sponsors are falling over each other to get involved with the whitest, least ethnically diverse place on earth that was jailing men in the last 2 decades century for tugging each other off in their own houses.

Tassie does have the clean green image thing going on though.

But it is raw numbers at the end of the day, they don't have enough people with enough money.

Hilarious thing being they grow the world's profitable cash crop in vast quantities.

Mate let me preface this again, I ****ing hate him.

The W team was a strategic blunder I'd say. They felt they could just sit back and not be first adopter, watch how things go and waltz in when it suited them. Bad play.

But I reckon he's well enough connected that he'll get what he wants sooner or later.

I'm very happy to be wrong, in fact I'll purchase and consume a glass of Pimm's just for you if I do.

We're in agreement here - he'll got what he wants for Hawthorn because he NEEDS to.

Who knows what he'll give up to get what he needs - that major sponsorship.

What is suddenly he signs off on a deal where the Hawks are playing six home games in Launny?

It's not about votes, he'll sh*t the next election in and they know it!

And he won't be left holding his dick in his hand either....

Yep, they actually have a fair bit of political and timing leverage here.

Problem is Tassie just doesn't have the $$$ wherewithal to get their own team.

To get one there's going to have to be compromise by both AFL and Tassie.

One immediate compromise Tassie can make is accepted a relocated Melbourne club.

I for one am very glad we are debt free and have many shiny new council toilet blocks at Arden Street, with more to come.

It's not about votes, he'll sh*t the next election in and they know it!

And he won't be left holding his dick in his hand either....

Well then I don't have the slightest clue what he thinks he is going to achieve.

(I think we actually have a few gaps still, Ball sponsor being one!).
I'm not sure how much that would bring in...
Would it work like the existing player sponsorships? And who would pay to be such a sponsor? How do you put a company's logo on each ball?
Maybe it will be possible to get $1,000 per ball, but with 42 current players that only comes to $84,000 (and you would probably have to give the players a proportion of that).
It also leaves out our AFLW players, so I just don't think it is worth it for the potential bad publicity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back