News NMFC & Tassie (the mass debate re our future there, the academy, attending advice)

Shagga is all Class

Premiership Player
May 15, 2005
Beneath the Blue and White
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC
Far out, the AFL do not need a 19th team.

What more compromised drafts, diluted talent, byes and plastic clubs being feeder teams for the Geelong's of the world?

It will be like U.S. Baseball with small market teams and large market teams.

The only difference is there is no salary cap in baseball. Then again, Geelong do not seem to have one either. And I am wondering about Carlton again.

The AFL created a mess in the 90s and tried to solve it by giving Sydney and Brisbane the first 6 picks in one draft and the extra $1M in the cap.

They then created Freo, GC and GWS who have a combined trophy cabinet of Nat Fyfe, Ablett and Jeremy Cameron medals. Oh wait, they are individual awards.

Provided we emerge with the best result for us they can knock themselves out.

I just think the street fighters like the former Honourable Selfless Beyond Blue chair always find a way to emerge with the biscuits.

I reckon Jeff falls out and pulls Hawthorns out of Tas, North then gets sole Tas “privilege’s” and commits to seven games a year while the AFL delays the new Tasmanian team for 5 years (hoping in the interim North gets shaky and folds). Meanwhile in a “completely unrelated” matter the AFL commits millions of dollars to ensure Dingley gets up and running to the dream Jeffrey always wanted.

Jul 27, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
They talk about how the pathway for AFL players in tassie is on the decline, yet they want to restrict funding as a way of getting the AFL to make a decision?

They won’t have a team for a minimum of 4 years, and in the meantime you want to remove current AFL teams playing there and stifle the current development even more? Seems counter intuitive to me.

I reckon Jeff falls out and pulls Hawthorns out of Tas, North then gets sole Tas “privilege’s” and commits to seven games a year while the AFL delays the new Tasmanian team for 5 years (hoping in the interim North gets shaky and folds). Meanwhile in a “completely unrelated” matter the AFL commits millions of dollars to ensure Dingley gets up and running to the dream Jeffrey always wanted.
Fair chance that the cash-strapped Saints would put their hand up if this happened.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
That's alright mate, we don't think you are particularly bright either ........

Yeah, but I don't actually set out to chase & catch my sister, so it's not an issue of intelligence. :D

Hearing that our pre-season match with the Hawks may not be taking place in Tassie!

Quick... Build a fence at Arden Street... Actually, please wait until after tomorrow's praccy to build it.

Superfooty: An AFL decision could add fuel to the fire in the ongoing standoff with the Tasmanian Government.

Yep, confirmed:

Last edited:
Hearing that our pre-season match with the Hawks may not be taking place in Tassie!

Quick... Build a fence at Arden Street... Actually, please wait until after tomorrow's praccy to build it.

Superfooty: An AFL decision could add fuel to the fire in the ongoing standoff with the Tasmanian Government.

Wonder where it gets played?

You'd think/hope Arden St.

Not like the Hawks have any decent facilities where people can actually come and watch.

Not even with all their pokie blood money.

Colbys Boots

Premium Gold
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Wonder where it gets played?

You'd think/hope Arden St.

Not like the Hawks have any decent facilities where people can actually come and watch.

Not even with all their pokie blood money.

Can't they play a game at Waverley? The heritage listed VFL Park members stand would probably seat more people than you could squeeze into Arden St.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
The idiot has to back up his bravado now.

I'm sure the small businesses of Launceston & Hobart are applauding him right now. :D

This is why politicians should have their powers seriously diminished. They're morons.

Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Already seems the language is softening between Tasmania and the AFL.

The report will be positive for the introduction of a tassie team. The afl will extract much from he govt in terms of guarantees etc and a tassie team will be earmarked for 2025-2027.

North, Hawthorn and saints will play 2-3 games per year until that time.

Back