News NMFC & Tassie (the mass debate re our future there, the academy, attending advice)

Mr Taswegian

Roo Man
May 25, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
People in Tasmania are saying it could be a record low afl crowd for this weekends game in Hobart,I wonder how many they would of got in Melbourne for this game.

People in Tasmania are saying it could be a record low afl crowd for this weekends game in Hobart,I wonder how many they would of got in Melbourne for this game.
what is your angle postin here?

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
what is your angle postin here?
Does he have to have an angle? IDK if I've just missed some stuff but you're not the first to act like he's up to some shenanigans, when all I see is a Tasmanian roo fan talking about what's happening down here regarding our games and the state's prospects for their own team, as well as some of their opinions on those things.

Right now, this season, people seem quite gunshy about attending games.

North have a rusted on contingent that attend games (in a regular season not affected by covid looming over things) of somewhere between 16-18k.

That is probably what we would get.

We got 13k to the Port game and it was with stadiums at 75% I expect we'd have gotten something like that this week.

13k would more than double what we would get on the map which will likely be 6k or less.

Does he have to have an angle? IDK if I've just missed some stuff but you're not the first to act like he's up to some shenanigans, when all I see is a Tasmanian roo fan talking about what's happening down here regarding our games and the state's prospects for their own team, as well as some of their opinions on those things.

It's the passive-aggressive tone of his posts that imply he has a deeper agenda. I mean, it's a bit snipey to talk about record low AFL crowd, don't you think?

Yea, perfectly innocent, that's why I'm not the first to question it.

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It's the passive-aggressive tone of his posts that imply he has a deeper agenda. I mean, it's a bit snipey to talk about record low AFL crowd, don't you think?
I don't think so, no. Crowds have been bad all year across the league, we're s**t, GWS has no supporters, interstate travel is limited, and the weather is shite. It seems a pretty real possibility.

It's just good to know what people think on certain matters.
People think that a game which features the newest lowest membership team from two states away playing a team not from Tasmania with no travelling fans will draw a low crowd?

Well damn, get the brains trust in right away.

I don't think so, no. Crowds have been bad all year across the league, we're sh*t, GWS has no supporters, interstate travel is limited, and the weather is sh*te. It seems a pretty real possibility.

Record low for what the venue or the league.

The league is zero chance, we played in front of 300 people last year.

The venue I CBF looking it up.

Melbourne drew 6k earlier in the year. It'll probably drop from that.

The cruxt of the issue is less how many rock up to Hobart. It is that we can have more and would always have more come to Docklands and even with more coming it is less likely to make us money.

I don't think so, no. Crowds have been bad all year across the league, we're sh*t, GWS has no supporters, interstate travel is limited, and the weather is sh*te. It seems a pretty real possibility.
and it all equates to, no s**t people would be saying that. We're saying that. Everyone would be saying that.

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Record low for what the venue or the league.

The league is zero chance, we played in front of 300 people last year.

The venue I CBF looking it up.

Melbourne drew 6k earlier in the year. It'll probably drop from that.

The cruxt of the issue is less how many rock up to Hobart. It is that we can have more and would always have more come to Docklands and even with more coming it is less likely to make us money.

For that venue was my assumption.

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
Not actually a North supporter, though.

Thndr

Club Legend
Sep 25, 2015
Mick Martin school of bad looks.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Does this mean my general admission standing ticket will get me a gameday sneaky seat, you know, to fill out the grandstand for the telly ???

tenor.gif

Back