Preview NMFC V GWS (JLT) - WHAT DO YOU WANT TO SEE

Remove this Banner Ad

In more good news for North fans, Lachlan Hansen will also line up for his first competitive match of 2017 after being sidelined from the club’s first two pre-season hit outs with a quad injury.

According to the club we want to see Hansen . Ecstatic for this good news.

My 24:

Sam Wright, Robbie Tarrant, Lachlan Hansen
Luke McDonald, Sam Durdin, Ed Vickers-Willis
Shaun Higgins, Ryan Clarke, Shaun Atley
Trent Dumont, Jarrad Waite, Lindsay Thomas
Nathan Hrovat, Braydon Preuss, Kayne Turner
Todd Goldstein, Andrew Swallow, Jack Ziebell
Jy Simpkin, Jamie Macmillan, Ben Cunnington, Declan Mountford

subs: Scott Thompson Sam Gibson

To miss: Majak Daw, Mitch Hibberd, Corey Wagner

If Brown isn't ready, he will play Round 1. If Brown is up, can't see it happening unless Maj absolutely stinks it up.

No way should Hansen be playing, Werribee awaits.
I don't think Brown will come straight in after no practice games. Instead i can see us going with Daw, Waite and Preuss in round one instead. Lach just needs miles at this stage, as does Wrighty so giving them a run makes sense in the long term however both are likely to have a run in the VFL.

Scotts is a degenerate victim gambler.

Has repeatedly chucked pineapples (Gibson,Wright,Swallow,Hansen)into the 'Big Red' game searching for the major prize and free spins but never gets it.

He finally saw the light and did a first 4 on TrackSide, came up with Durdin, Vickers-Willis, Williams to round out the best potential back 6 in decades and he throws his winning ticket in the bin.

Just play the blokes who are fit and in form irrespective of tenure and age.

My 24:

Sam Wright, Robbie Tarrant, Lachlan Hansen
Luke McDonald, Sam Durdin, Ed Vickers-Willis
Shaun Higgins, Ryan Clarke, Shaun Atley
Trent Dumont, Jarrad Waite, Lindsay Thomas
Nathan Hrovat, Braydon Preuss, Kayne Turner
Todd Goldstein, Andrew Swallow, Jack Ziebell
Jy Simpkin, Jamie Macmillan, Ben Cunnington, Declan Mountford

subs: Scott Thompson Sam Gibson

To miss: Majak Daw, Mitch Hibberd, Corey Wagner

Maj is the last guy that needs a week off.

Reckon he plays round one regardless.

Biggest question is if we see this as a dress rehearsal for round or not. If we do then i can see Mountford, Wagner and Hibberd missing out, with half games for Wright and Hansen. Might also see Loogie up forward.
You have Mountford and Hibberd missing. You might be right, but who will play Cunners role? And I hope we are not trying Hansen again up forward...

You have Mountford and Hibberd missing. You might be right, but who will play Cunners role? And I hope we are not trying Hansen again up forward...
The only reason Hansen goes forward this week is to get a run. We have named 2 KPFs and Preuss.

As for Cunners, he will likely be replaced through the middle in round one by a combo of Clarke, Higgins, Swallow, Dumont and JZ. Mountford will go close tho.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't s**t about Hansen getting practice games. He's a good player and will be part of the defensive rotation because God knows if we'll get 44 games between Thompson and Tarrant.
Good chance he might end up helping out up forward considering all of our tall forwards are to some extent injury prone.
Hansen is a very good player....not just a good player...when he is properly fit. People have short memories on Hansen. He was just very unlucky....started to get into the season slowly late last year but was a bit too late for him.

Just unfortunate that he is one of those players that need to be fully fit.....or he is quite off the pace. Miles apart in terms of how good he is when fit and not.

And so glad to see Sam Wright back. Very important player.

Scotts is a degenerate victim gambler.

Has repeatedly chucked pineapples (Gibson,Wright,Swallow,Hansen)into the 'Big Red' game searching for the major prize and free spins but never gets it.

He finally saw the light and did a first 4 on TrackSide, came up with Durdin, Vickers-Willis, Williams to round out the best potential back 6 in decades and he throws his winning ticket in the bin.

Just play the blokes who are fit and in form irrespective of tenure and age.
Arjens is a degenerate sniper.

Mate, we need to manage a whole playing list, not just the best 22. That means that while this is the 'dress rehearsal' in some ways for Rd 1, it isn't the only agenda at play. We need to get games into Wright and Hansen, even if they end up as depth.

With Williams' arrival, it makes the selection of the back 6 or 7 very interesting. As for Wright, you saw the light, and have then closed your eyes. As far as balance goes, it may mean he's going to struggle to compete (with Williams, Jmac, LMac and EVW), but he's no spud (excuse the pun). At the very least he's a quality replacement for any one of those. The main issue, however, is (match) fitness and this is a good chance to give him a go. Same with Lachie who I agree with Jindrrk is being underrated, providing he's fit. Both players are good utilities, as depth or otherwise.

Swallow I agree with and I hope his competition within the list forces him out of the side, for balance, if nothing else. If, however, he holds his own, so be it. I tend to agree with you, however, I think he's done. I just hope that his 2017 isn't Drew/Dal's 2016 in terms of still being played.

Gibson, I'll leave alone. His clanger count went up in the JLT, but if that comes back down to 'acceptable levels', he plays as he 'always' has.

We'll need Hansen for cover (22 games + is a lot to ask of EVW / Durdin at the least). The cupboard is also very bare when it comes to mature depth in backline. Hansen a perfect replacement for the role we are looking at for Thompson as 3rd man and if we have good form out of Durdin / Tarrant a fit Hansen is arguably better at Thompson's role than the man himself.

Hansen at his best (whether he can get back to it I don't know) is a very good player as long as he's not the man on man option.

No Marley Williams seems strange. I hope he is locked in for rd 1 despite his sometimes poor disposal. He is so good defensively that I feel like we will really need him this year so surprised not to see him in the list.

I agree Hansen is good backup but unless he is line for rd 1 im not sure why we are bothering with getting him game time in JLT whereas I think Wright is very important so glad to see him getting a run.

Id give Cunners a rest, Swallow a rest and not play Hansen

Early odds on Sportsbet GWS $1.25, North $4.00 (head to head), not bad odds :thumbsu:

Not confident about North at all this week. Reckon we'll have most blokes who know they're playing rd1 to just cruise. Other then that, the players have just been on a community camp in Tassie and then travelling to Canberra. Ordinarily that wouldn't be an excuse but I can see our players going in half hearted.
They've had a good couple of games against Sydney & Hawks. Reckon we'll see guys like Majak and Simpkin who've had limited preparation go pretty hard though.

Don't s**t about Hansen getting practice games. He's a good player and will be part of the defensive rotation because God knows if we'll get 44 games between Thompson and Tarrant.
Good chance he might end up helping out up forward considering all of our tall forwards are to some extent injury prone.
one can honestly give Scott Thompson a spell...... and let Hansen play

Remove this Banner Ad

Back