No.1 Sportsground (Newcastle)

Remove this Banner Ad

Would a Canberra side get higher or similar attendance to the Raiders?

It's hard to say for sure, but I think AFL crowds would top the Raiders' if we got our own team.

GWS has had higher average crowds a few times, but usually sit just under the Raiders' crowds. That's with about a third of our games usually capped by selling out.

The Giants are gaining support, but they're still not really seen as Canberra's team. As a result there's very little media surrounding GWS games compared to Raiders games, and less fanatical support than a home-team would generate. There also seems to be less GWS advertising than Raiders advertising.

So with an upgraded stadium and the excitement around our own home-team, I think it's not unfeasible for the AFL team to get 50% bigger crowds than the Raiders.

And now I’m blocking you because I can’t deal with stupid tonight and I’ll likely be banned if I engage your level of it.

So keep living your delusion.

Catch ya.

I guess you won't read this then, but just closing the loop for the rest of the thread readers.

Hobart's relationship with North and Canberra's relationship with GWS are very similar.
  • Both host four AFL men's games (except one of Canberra's is only preseason)
  • Both host one AFLW
  • GWS and North both have about 6000 members in their secondary homes
I really don't think that it's a stupid comparison.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back