No amount of money from AFL Tas can buy this.

Remove this Banner Ad

roorat

Club Legend
May 10, 2006
Roo Country
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This is the heart of football and no amount of money can buy this sort of loyalty. I'm sure Perc is one of many who do the same around our local clubs but I wanted to highlight his effort for his club. Unfortunately he is a dying breed with not many prepared to step up and volunteer just for the love of a club.

`Perc' hoping to see red
BY PHIL EDWARDS
19/09/2008
BRACKNELL Football Club stalwart Colin "Perc" Strickland has been supporting and helping out around the football club he loves for more than 50 years.
The 75-year old former trainer, timekeeper and self- confessed general rouseabout has lived at Bracknell for 47 years, still serves on the club committee and cooks players' teas every Thursday night during the season with the help of his wife.
"I never played with Bracknell but I've followed them since 1956 and was a trainer for about 10 years and then I did the timekeeping for about the same," Strickland said.
"It's only a little town here but the club has done well to survive and we've got a really hard-working committee.
"My wife and I cook tea at home and bring it up for them every Thursday night and some nights we will cook about 600 meatballs to feed about 40-odd people.
"Tonight we've got steak casserole and mashed potatoes, plum pudding and apple crumble," he said yesterday.
Strickland said that he and his mate Barney Ross had been cutting wood all year and selling it to raise money for the club.
"I reckon we've cut about 150 ton of wood this year," he said.
His son Doug played with the club and is currently following in his dad's footsteps as head trainer.
Strickland said the Redlegs would go into tomorrow's NTFA grand final as underdog against George Town.
"I think we've got a fair chance and we've beaten George Town once this year down there," he said.
"We never miss a game and follow them every Saturday at home or away."
http://northerntasmania.yourguide.c...general/perc39-hoping-to-see-red/1276782.aspx

Remove this Banner Ad

Back