Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I can't recall
ASADA APPEAL DECISION: ESSENDON PLAYERS AND STEPHEN DANK
20 April 2015

Read more...
ASADA CEO Ben McDevitt has today announced that he will not appeal to the AFL Anti-Doping Appeals Tribunal in respect of the findings in relation to 34 current and former Essendon players and one support person, Stephen Dank.

‘As with all other decisions I have made in these matters this decision has largely been informed by comprehensive legal advice.

‘I am conscious that ASADA does not have a direct right of appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) and the only appeal avenue open to ASADA at this time is to the AFL Anti-Doping Appeals Tribunal. I am also aware that appealing any of these decisions within the AFL framework would ultimately serve only to delay consideration of these matters by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA).

‘I have therefore arranged to provide the entire case file encompassing all 35 matters to WADA for its independent review. This is in accordance with global anti-doping protocols. WADA will then be able to make an independent decision as to whether to exercise its appeal options.

‘ASADA will support any WADA initiated appeal in relation to these matters.

‘In the interests of transparency, I would welcome the fullest possible release of the Tribunal’s findings and reasons on all of these matters,’ said Mr McDevitt.
http://www.asada.gov.au/media/organised_crime_and_drugs_in_sport.html

ASADA CEO Ben McDevitt has today announced that he will not appeal to the AFL Anti-Doping Appeals Tribunal in respect of the findings in relation to 34 current and former Essendon players and one support person, Stephen Dank.

‘As with all other decisions I have made in these matters this decision has largely been informed by comprehensive legal advice.

‘I am conscious that ASADA does not have a direct right of appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) and the only appeal avenue open to ASADA at this time is to the AFL Anti-Doping Appeals Tribunal. I am also aware that appealing any of these decisions within the AFL framework would ultimately serve only to delay consideration of these matters by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA).

‘I have therefore arranged to provide the entire case file encompassing all 35 matters to WADA for its independent review. This is in accordance with global anti-doping protocols. WADA will then be able to make an independent decision as to whether to exercise its appeal options.

‘In the interests of transparency, I would welcome the fullest possible release of the Tribunal’s findings and reasons on all of these matters,’ said Mr McDevitt.

I should mention here - I have no doubt at all that ASADA and WADA have and are having all sorts of chattsies and so forth. No doubt this is a 'joint' decision to some extent, and its not impossible that the two parties have already agreed that any appeal will be at CAS and lead by WADA.

Or not. I don't really know.

Anyhoo... fun for all waiting to see whether WADA springs. Over the top. Like a cheetah on a lonely faun. Leaping over something - that would be probably something like a log or a sleeping Hippopotamus.

In other words ASADA has no faith in the afl tribunal, and they cannot appeal to CAS themselves so they will hand the appeal process over to WADA who will (hopefully) appeal to CAS for us .....

In other words ASADA has no faith in the afl tribunal, and they cannot appeal to CAS themselves so they will hand the appeal process over to WADA who will (hopefully) appeal to CAS for us .....
Or they have an overload of stuff to do with the darts competition?

(Its sometimes hard to remember on BigFooty, but there actually are a fair number of sports in Australia. Okay, so they are all pretty dumb sports in comparison, but they are there.)

Last edited:

For you buddy. Doing it all for you.

WADA is like that little chinese guy in the white suit in the simpsons epsiode where the mafia are fighting the chinese mafia in homers front yard.

And homer wants to watch the fight and marge tries to bring him inside and he says 'but marge that little guy hasnt done anything yet" then he goes inside and he hears the white guy going nuts.

haha found it

WADA is like that little chinese guy in the white suit in the simpsons epsiode where the mafia are fighting the chinese mafia in homers front yard.

And homer wants to watch the fight and marge tries to bring him inside and he says 'but marge that little guy hasnt done anything yet" then he goes inside and he hears the white guy going nuts.
PLEASE be right the smugness of the bummers people is to much

(Log in to remove this ad.)

haha found it

Doh'

Us obviously referred to ASADA but I know that you have trouble comprehending simple sentences so I will let it slide .....

Oh you work for ASADA or something? How's that going?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back