No Brendon Goddard - No Essendon?

Remove this Banner Ad

VineyToClark

Senior List
Jan 16, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Essendon have appeared lost on the field this year and lacking direction - which has led me to think they're missing Brendon Goddard more than people think.

Goddard was basically an onfield coach - he set up play for Essendon and was always seen directing the players.

Do you think Essendon miss Goddard and should have offered him a new contract - instead of delisting him?

Maybe it's had an effect. All things come to an end though.
It's up to the onfieldleaders to step up, and get new ones if necessary.

Interestingly both Devon and Dylan spent a lot of time in our leadership group, but neither were in it prior to being traded, although Dylan never stopped instructing the younger mids onfield.

Devon is a very tough competitor full of passion and determination. I've never seen another player come to the bench as angry as he used to when we were losing.
I wonder if increasing his influence might benefit the Bombers.

LOL this thread will not age well. Do I really need to explain how this thread is nothing more than troll bait?!?

The Bombers' problem is all about heart and can anyone blame them for not having much love for a game and a club that betrayed them?!? Do you think that the Bombers hierachy will ever get around to giving the players a 'dressing down' over their loyalty or obligations?!? The Bombers are fractured as a club and I think this problem won't go away until the players implicated in the supplements scandal, retire or get traded! There needs to be a purge at the very least imo coz the Bombers' membership $ deserve more than that!

Last edited:
I don’t think it has anything to do with Goddard, he’s got a good footy brain but hardly a great leader imo. I think essendon have had a poor preseason 2 years in a row. I can see them improving as the season progresses much like last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon are bloody woeful, there is something very broken in that club and a 33 year old flog isn’t going to do s**t to fix that.

Impossible. He was universally hated and wasn't a good leader. Everyone on BF says so. Doesn't matter that most people at St. Kilda and Essendon say otherwise. He's a poor leader. Everyone here says so.

Impossible. He was universally hated and wasn't a good leader. Everyone on BF says so. Doesn't matter that most people at St. Kilda and Essendon say otherwise. He's a poor leader. Everyone here says so.
St Kilda and Essendon won exactly what when he was at either club, shows you what a great leader he is when a side like Essendon considers him such a great leader

Of course it’s had an impact, you be stupid to think otherwise. He was a great player and fantastic leader who was quite possibly moved on a year too early.
Na mate he was a liability. Couldn't cover the ground in his final year, teams were playing through his opponent every week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back