Preview NO CHANGE - Grand Final v West Coast Eagles, Saturday at MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

The sweet voice of reason.
What I don’t want to happen is Kennedy and Darling to have a day out and we could have done something about it but didn’t bring in the extra tall. Horses for courses. It’s like not playing a spinner in India and Lyon is 12th man.
This would be a real bad thing that I wouldn’t forgive the club for.

Lyon is rock hard fit, Darcy Moore isn't.

Lyon is rock hard fit, Darcy Moore isn't.

And once again...Moore has shown nothing more than being capable in defence. He is a forward first, has played less than a half season in defence.

Buddy kicked 3 on him in one quarter, he is injury prone, hasn't played a final in his life and isn't match fit.

But hey, he is tall. I got a mate who is taller than Moore, maybe get him in. Has played just as many finals as Moore.

And once again...Moore has shown nothing more than being capable in defence. He is a forward first, has played less than a half season in defence.

Buddy kicked 3 on him in one quarter, he is injury prone, hasn't played a final in his life and isn't match fit.

But hey, he is tall. I got a mate who is taller than Moore, maybe get him in. Has played just as many finals as Moore.
Stats can be very misleading and you know it. Two of those Buddy goals occurred when there was a turnover in the middle of the ground and Buddy led up to a 20 metre grasscutter which no man could stop. The same happened to Goldy on two occasions. Any true footy fan knows such goals will happen and would not be stopped by Jack Regan. It would be a different matter if Buddy simply outbodied Moore three times in one on one contests.

Just need to be a bit careful Eagles aren't playing mind games with this whole Mcgovern thing. He could have nothing wrong at all and they are just over playing it.

We need to just play our natural game and not go out and try to target him, if he is standing in the hole then yeah sure, smash him, but other than that just play to the game plan Bucks and co have been implementing this week.

Even if it is a broken rib, they'll be able to inject it and it won't impact him. You'd still want Cox, JDG, WHE flying high for their grabs and if they can get a knee into the hip/ribs then go for it. Gov is the most important player to nullify tomorrow. Chris Mayne, come on down.

Stats can be very misleading and you know it. Two of those Buddy goals occurred when there was a turnover in the middle of the ground and Buddy led up to a 20 metre grasscutter which no man could stop. The same happened to Goldy on two occasions. Any true footy fan knows such goals will happen and would not be stopped by Jack Regan. It would be a different matter if Buddy simply outbodied Moore three times in one on one contests.

Okay that's fine, but the same could be said about Tyson goldsack against Jack Riewoltd last week. All I am saying is Moore is not a world beater, he isn't going to make a difference if the Eagles midfield are on top.

He isn't match fit, hasn't experienced finals and isn't an experienced defender. On top of that it may be slippery conditions where another tall will not help and it will slow down our rebound out of defence and possible mess up our structure that has done well the previous two finals.

Its not like leaving a proven finals matchwinner out like Rioli with the Hawks. It's not like we are leaving a healthy Prestigiacomo or Chris Tarrent in the wings.

Darcy will be a solid to great footballer, but he isn't there yet and the Grand Final is not the place to throw him in.

Whatever happens happens, but you can rest assured the result will depend on us playing our style with Grundy and the midfield winning the contest for longer. If the eagles are getting the ball forward more than us we will lose with or without Darcy Moore.

Riewoldt got hit lace out twice and got paid a mark that wasn't a mark at all last week. Quite easily could only have kicked 2-3 goals.

Give me Goldy on JK tomorrow, we know what we will get from him. I've got a feeling we're going to be happy with what the Sack produces.

Too many injury clouds for Eagles, unsettled with the travel and I think the coldest GF in 20 years won’t suit them at all and two key figures Lycett and Mitchell have got their eyes on their new jobs.

And mcgovern is a very big lad. Even injured he could hurt a smaller player who tries to instigate something. Having blokes crashing into him in marking contests as part of general play should be enough to give him some grief. I don't want us to have to play dirty to win.
they seem to only target players who are potentially thwon off their game by a bit of rough stuff, eg Toby Green. they really didn't try it at all vs Richmond bar a bit of routine pushing and shoving, it was a v clean game from both sides (but hard as nails).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back