Prediction No changes against Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Butcher wasn't good enough. Eddy wasn't good enough. Shaw wasn't good enough. Harvey wasn't good enough. Howard unfortunately did a knee. Marshall's parents died.

Just on this specifically, how could we possibly know about any of them? The most consecutive games played by a developing forward under Hinkley is 5, and that was in 2013. (Jake Neade played 16 consecutive games in 2016. Kane Mitchell played 9 consecutive games in 2014)

In 2 or 3 years when Marshall has played another 10 games in 2-3 game stints, he's not going to be "good enough" either and we're going to scratch our heads and furrow our brows and wonder why we keep getting so unlucky with these dud key forwards.

Butcher showed enough (especially given our dearth of KPFs coming through) that he should have been given a run in the side to learn and develop that was afforded to the likes of Kane Mitchell, Jake Neade, Sam Gray, Karl Amon, Cam O'Shea, Jasper Pittard or any number of other guys who played plenty of poor games early in their careers. Instead his confidence was absolutely destroyed by this football club.

When Butcher was delisted and we drafted Marshall, I said that my biggest fear was that the next KPF would get the same treatment, and I was told that no, it was specifically Butcher who had problems and Marshall has so much talent and potential and he's the next big thing and he'll be backed in because he's good enough.

And yet here we are, with the same bullshit double standards being applied to tall forwards compared to the rest of the side.

Just on this specifically, how could we possibly know about any of them? The most consecutive games played by a developing forward under Hinkley is 5, and that was in 2013. (Jake Neade played 16 consecutive games in 2016. Kane Mitchell played 9 consecutive games in 2014)

In 2 or 3 years when Marshall has played another 10 games in 2-3 game stints, he's not going to be "good enough" either and we're going to scratch our heads and furrow our brows and wonder why we keep getting so unlucky with these dud key forwards.

Butcher showed enough (especially given our dearth of KPFs coming through) that he should have been given a run in the side to learn and develop that was afforded to the likes of Kane Mitchell, Jake Neade, Sam Gray, Karl Amon, Cam O'Shea, Jasper Pittard or any number of other guys who played plenty of poor games early in their careers. Instead his confidence was absolutely destroyed by this football club.

When Butcher was delisted and we drafted Marshall, I said that my biggest fear was that the next KPF would get the same treatment, and I was told that no, it was specifically Butcher who had problems and Marshall has so much talent and potential and he's the next big thing and he'll be backed in because he's good enough.

And yet here we are, with the same bullshit double standards being applied to tall forwards compared to the rest of the side.

I want to staple this post to Ken Hinkley's head.

Beautiful weather, still some warmth in the air when the game starts. Richmond supporters in town.

See the young kids go around at home again, Rozee fresh off the back of his 5 goal Rising Star breakout game.

Fast running, exciting footy on the agenda again.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Bring it on!
Hahaha Burgoyne got destroyed

Another one of those Port should win easy games.
One day we are going to win one of those games easy.
Problem I have is under Ken I can’t ever see this happening.
Please tell me I’m wrong:(

Keeping S Gray in the side will be seen as a Ken masterstroke with the rain!

Why?

It's a fallacy that smaller guys play better in the wet. Good players play better no matter the conditions.

It was slippery last week and Sam couldn't find the ball or get involved on any real level.

He'll do ok if we are comfortably on top and there's no real heat in the contest otherwise we all know what we'll get.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keeping S Gray in the side will be seen as a Ken masterstroke with the rain!
Rainfall at West Terrace since 9:00am 0.0mm
Rainfall at West Terrace in last 24 hours 0.0mm

20% chance of any rain.

Ken is as good at picking the weather as he is at picking a balanced, well structured footy team.

Last edited:
Sam Gray should be safe Next week. Kicked 3. Solid.

Never a better example of 'it's not just about individual stats' than last night's game. Sure, Sam kicked a few goals, but in the last quarter when we were absolutely peppering Richmond's defence with high balls into the 50 and they were taking intercept mark after intercept mark, wouldn't it have been nice to have an extra 198cm bloke up there to help stop that from happening?

Never a better example of 'it's not just about individual stats' than last night's game. Sure, Sam kicked a few goals, but in the last quarter when we were absolutely peppering Richmond's defence with high balls into the 50 and they were taking intercept mark after intercept mark, wouldn't it have been nice to have an extra 198cm bloke up there to help stop that from happening?

It would have been, if he starts putting his arms up and marking the ball in the air.

Further to this why in the god damn * did we not put Howard down there in the last quarter. Ken wouldn't know a piece of lateral thinking if it slapped him in the face.

Further to this why in the god damn **** did we not put Howard down there in the last quarter. Ken wouldn't know a piece of lateral thinking if it slapped him in the face.

Howard was never going forward. Even with ZERO key forwards Ken wouldn't dream of putting Howard forward for even 5 minutes.

He doesn't change anything during a game. He can't adjust in real time. If only he could phone a friend or use a lifeline.
He hardly can adjust during the season! Imagine during a game...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back