• Poll closed .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Drakescoffeecake

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 31, 2010
Busan
AFL Club
Adelaide
It’s not ‘aw poor Jenkins’, it is a realisation that players can’t just flick a switch and instantly perform and that there can be extenuating circumstances to a performance such as an in game injury.

One performance hardly makes a pattern and people going off and making earlier call do more to confirm their biases over objectivity.
Lol it is definitely pattern. Have you not seen Jenkins career? My god man.

GreyCrow

Hall of Famer
Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Redskins , White Sox
Watch the game or just watch the 1st quarter, it was pretty obvious to most out there he received a big knock to the knee, the give away was his being station in the middle holding the knee, it was also obvious during the game with his constant rubbing of the knee and every time he was off the medico working on the knee,
Funny that he came into the game with a 3 week layoff from a knee injury

I don't doubt he got a knock. I do doubt it affected him rather than general soreness which we know he mentally struggles to cope with

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ad victoriam

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Funny that he came into the game with a 3 week layoff from a knee injury

I don't doubt he got a knock. I do doubt it affected him rather than general soreness which we know he mentally struggles to cope with
Don't care what he came into the game with, I Just watch the game live and on the replay (and Yes I had to force myself to watch that s**t a 2nd time) I watch how he moved early and notice how he was limping and favour the knee after, It was a hard hit, Knee on knee, good enough hit to force Lycett of for some interesting treatment.

Redleg Crow

Premium Gold
May 26, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Have been busy the past few days so missed the last 60 pages!

I'll just say, weak as piss. If ever there was a week to really weild the axe this was it. Gooch gets "omitted" after gettgin knocked out in the 2nd quarter? Really so other than Douglas the player who feels the heat for our second half last week is the one player who was not on the field??

fu** em.

VKCrow

Club Legend
Sep 30, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Adelaide
The continual roar of that Geelong game was unbelieveable.

Oh why did it end so badly.

Who is our spark now?
Wow wow weee!

What in the world happened to us.....we were scintillating, irresistible, unstoppable.

How on God’s green earth did Lever, Cameron and McGovern walk out on us after experiencing such raw and unbridled emotion in front of 55,000 fans. I don’t get it.

2017 definitely was our peak.

GreyCrow

Hall of Famer
Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Redskins , White Sox
Don't care what he came into the game with, I Just watch the game live and on the replay (and Yes I had to force myself to watch that s**t a 2nd time) I watch how he moved early and notice how he was limping and favour the knee after, It was a hard hit, Knee on knee, good enough hit to force Lycett of for some interesting treatment.
And yet Lycett was the driver for the win for Port. You ignore Lycett to excuse JJ.

Either both should have struggled or both played well. You cant have 2 knee knocks and have different outcomes

MRB37

Brownlow Medallist
May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
He doesn't get the ball himself or pressure the opposition (his tackle numbers are diabolical)

Sure we're getting just about every other selection decision wrong and picking Mackay ahead of him (or anyone else on the list) is ridiculous but this is a rare good call.

(I take STOs point that he should have been dropped last week if his form was so bad)

Do you think he's going to be a good AFL player?
He's another midfielder we're trying to pigeon hole in a forward role he's not massively suited for. He's quick enough to do it, but has always looked better when he has a chance to be further up the field delivering it inside.

Ravenous Crow

Club Legend
Mar 18, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Jarryd Lyons, Vikings

We're last for total distance covered, 2nd last for distance covered at high speed, deadlast for total sprints. Richmond on top of the last category almost double us.
I wonder how much ground John Noble covered tonight. Looked like he was still running hard in the last quarter. Never been in a professional system until a couple of weeks ago.

It's almost like our terrible running statistics come from a lack of intensity and stagnant crap game plan and that good teams don't need to spend multiple years building up a player's endurance tank before they can integrate him into their system.

Peter J

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I wonder how much ground John Noble covered tonight. Looked like he was still running hard in the last quarter. Never been in a professional system until a couple of weeks ago.

It's almost like our terrible running statistics come from a lack of intensity and stagnant crap game plan and that good teams don't need to spend multiple years building up a player's endurance tank before they can integrate him into their system.
And how the hell is Greenwood still struggling.

WetCrow1991

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 23, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
The continual roar of that Geelong game was unbelieveable.

Oh why did it end so badly.

Who is our spark now?
The celebration a the end of the prelim was a bit much for a flogging. Like the pressure was released, and it certainly showed the next week.

Top Bottom