• The Fog plays in the firsts!

Votes: 33 33.3%
  • TYson Stengle debuts!

Votes: 57 57.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

My belief is that our fitness is fine.

It doesn't translate into game day results though because our list is hugely complacent. There is no pressure for spots whatsoever. Why bother running hard or putting in effort? You'll just get selected next week anyway. So do some token jogging, adhere to the running patterns and don't bother going hard. Because nothing will happen if you don't.

You can add him to the list of every sub-50 game player we've had recently.

Milera - shuffled all over the park
Doedee - didn't play for 2 years despite being clearly ready
Fogarty - played him in defence
Gallucci - graveyard role
Jones - graveyard role
Poholke - dominates midfield at SANFL level, plays AFL as a forward
Davis - one game then dropped
O'Brien - can't get a game with Sauce on one leg for years

The cases you can make for good management are maybe Murphy and Himmelberg

How can you claim that Doedee was clearly ready? spent majority of his first 2 years injured?
Milera is now going well and is finding a niche role as a swingman which is something we clearly need
Gallucci is playing half fwd because he clearly isnt good enough in the contest to play midfield consistently at AFL level yet.
Fogarty himself has said playing down back was a useful learning tool for improving his leading patterns
ROB was nowhere near as fit as he is now, had a big offseason which has clearly helped

Don't think you can claim the Crows management of young players has been poor given our success in the lower half of the draft

Saunders was already in Adelaide. A number of players including Brad Crouch were seeing him privately in 2018.

As were a lot of players including Rucciuto before Saudners left his practice in Adelaide to take up a role with North Melbourne

Knew he’d come back recently, wasn’t sure of exact time frame. Very devisive character from what I understand, similar to Burton, although he actually had some decent qualifications/experience in his area. Kangatech is effectively designed such that he’s the only one who can use it properly is my understanding, hence we had to bring him on staff to oversee his program which we’d invested heavily in. Seems to have cleaned up our hamstring issues in doing so which is a good start.

But yeah, getting him on board had hardly been a case of us searching far and wide for the best person, simply a case of a mate of Burtons happening to already be in Adelaide, we got a bit lucky there...

How can you claim that Doedee was clearly ready? spent majority of his first 2 years injured?
Milera is now going well and is finding a niche role as a swingman which is something we clearly need
Gallucci is playing half fwd because he clearly isnt good enough in the contest to play midfield consistently at AFL level yet.
Fogarty himself has said playing down back was a useful learning tool for improving his leading patterns
ROB was nowhere near as fit as he is now, had a big offseason which has clearly helped

Don't think you can claim the Crows management of young players has been poor given our success in the lower half of the draft

Doedee played 33 SANFL games in his first two years and was absolutely dominating in 2017
Milera played much better last year in his consistent half back role rather than this year all over the park
How do we know Gallucci isn't good enough in the contest? We don't play him there
Fogarty's stint in defense has done nothing for his ability as a forward as shown by his SANFL performances
O'Brien was clearly fit enough to ruck at AFL level when he played his first matches in 2016

I think we draft players extremely well. Elite at identifying talent. But we stuff them around.

Doedee played 33 SANFL games in his first two years and was absolutely dominating in 2017
Milera played much better last year in his consistent half back role rather than this year all over the park
How do we know Gallucci isn't good enough in the contest? We don't play him there
Fogarty's stint in defense has done nothing for his ability as a forward as shown by his SANFL performances
O'Brien was clearly fit enough to ruck at AFL level when he played his first matches in 2016

I think we draft players extremely well. Elite at identifying talent. But we stuff them around.
Agree. We keep moving Milera around it's a jk. Everyone including coaches talk about the gap between sanfl and AFL and yet we pass over opportunities to see if our sanfl players have got what it takes so we can keep playing Douglas and McKay who did not and will not help us win a flag. We have stuffed around the Fog ... What is he going to say to the club nah hated it down back?

Far ot that makes you a little sad, we had such good spread and run from the backline to the forwards and now thats non existent, we were so confident and willing to take a risk that paid off more often than not due to the confidence and spread, what the hell happened!! How did we not win that GF the way we were playing :(

Because we were slow, even then.

Have a look at our grand final team, especially our forward line.

Knew he’d come back recently, wasn’t sure of exact time frame. Very devisive character from what I understand, similar to Burton, although he actually had some decent qualifications/experience in his area. Kangatech is effectively designed such that he’s the only one who can use it properly is my understanding, hence we had to bring him on staff to oversee his program which we’d invested heavily in. Seems to have cleaned up our hamstring issues in doing so which is a good start.

But yeah, getting him on board had hardly been a case of us searching far and wide for the best person, simply a case of a mate of Burtons happening to already be in Adelaide, we got a bit lucky there...
Seems odd to say that he's the only 1 that can use it. It's being used globally across a variety of sports.

I've never heard of him being referred to as devisive before

And yet Lycett was the driver for the win for Port. You ignore Lycett to excuse JJ.

Either both should have struggled or both played well. You cant have 2 knee knocks and have different outcomes
What are you on about, did not ignore Lycett, to excuse JJ, I just mention JJ had a knee clash which restricted his running, pretty simple, and not hard to work out, He hurt his knee in the clash with Lycett, how they each cope after is a different story.
I also mention several of our talls that were injured and restricted in the movement after, but you seem to focus on one player, And I did not use that as an excuse for there piss poor performance as it was the small and mid-size players that let us down big time.

So, we have one unforced change after that nightmare 2nd half last week. Good we have a tough coach that demands excellence or else pay the penalty.
Glad to see Stengle get a run. Hope he kicks 12 and can't be dropped after a one-week stay.

"It was a pleasing return in terms of goals, but he's still got things to work on with his defensive game. He'll go back to the SANFL better for the run and will work on some of his defensive action and I have no doubt that he'll return a better player"

We certainly need someone who can carry the lines with penetrating footskills .
Sloane forward with some time as attacking wing , Stengle in a pocket and all of a sudden our forward line has some potency and x-factor .
Roar dog is great at reading the flight and taking contested marks when the ball is not telegraphed . Excellent shot from open play around the 50 also .
Put Milera and Smith through the middle at times for some run and drive from the guts . Different looks makes opposition react .
There is a reason our midfield often breaks down after half time .
One paced and not enough rotating through .
Same looks = easy counter .
Well good to see this was done in the game against the Suns and it needs to be maintained , tried and tested through the rest of the season .
Our Midfield makeup is the most important aspect to seeing where the team is at come end of 2019 .
This will help us make the necessary decisions for list tinkering for the 2020 season and beyond .
We can not just flog the Crouch Bros , Sloane and Greenwood/CEY one paced combo .
Share the load , inject some pace and foot skills and see what is what .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back