• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HarryCrow

Senior List
Aug 16, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I don't mind some players getting a stint in the graveyard, I mean someone has to play there in our structure.

But surely we can do a better job at rotating Gallucci, Jones and Milera through the midfield. Especially given how slow, stagnant and beaten we often are

How does BF group think excuse Gallucci/jones/milera for graveyard role but write off Knight for similar/better disposals/goals when that's almost all he plays?

Meanwhile the club has clearly instructed their puppets in the media to talk down the need for changes. Cornes Snr the latest to call for us to "back the boys".

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
1. Put me down as someone who didn't know JJ got injured
2. He was putrid before this so called injury
Remember when Lycett was helped off the field, it was JJ he ran into they clashed knees, Lycett went off JJ was force to stay on the field, and played the rest of the 1st quarter limping, still had the limp and extra bandage in the 2nd, looked better in the 3rd Quater re movement but was well of pace and lucky to get a gallop up.
Most blame his coming back too early from his knee injury But copping a heavy knee knock in the 1st quarter was the reason he struggled to run, Did you also know they attempted to play Keath in the Forward line but that was stopped before it had a chance to work due to Keath's injury. Forcing JJ to stay on the field.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Interesting to see Rischetelli recalled for the Suns and no forced changes, not that they can make too many.

One humorous thing he said though was "We are going to back the boys in"

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
But you are looking at it in hindsight. Most astute posters had concerns about JJs ability to perform at a good level before the game.

That was shown out by his performance. That he didn't have a run in the 2s is on the coaching staff.

I hope he is good to go this week
Spot on. Everyone knew he'd be terrible and called it early in the week

Don't want to stick the boots into Jenkins because he's just had three really good games but...

We should not bring him back until he is absolutely 100% cherry ripe and can't even remember which knee it happened to.

Some players can play through injury but JJ is utterly useless at even 99% fitness.

Remember the Sydney final with his ankle? And his performances coming back from the ribs? And his recent SANFL efforts when his ankle wasn't quite right?

Even after a one week layoff for hayfever he's one who should always come back through the SANFL

maxlilly

Premiership Player
Aug 15, 2009
over here
AFL Club
Adelaide
Remember when Lycett was helped off the field, it was JJ he ran into they clashed knees, Lycett went off JJ was force to stay on the field, and played the rest of the 1st quarter limping, still had the limp and extra bandage in the 2nd, looked better in the 3rd Quater re movement but was well of pace and lucky to get a gallop up.
Most blame his coming back too early from his knee injury But copping a heavy knee knock in the 1st quarter was the reason he struggled to run, Did you also know they attempted to play Keath in the Forward line but that was stopped before it had a chance to work due to Keath's injury. Forcing JJ to stay on the field.

Did you see how Lycett performed after his knee knock and then compare that to Jenkins

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Remember when Lycett was helped off the field, it was JJ he ran into they clashed knees, Lycett went off JJ was force to stay on the field,
Was ROB injured? Any player who is injured is never forced to stay on the field. Not in this day and age. I get the feeling you are spreading the mayo again

and played the rest of the 1st quarter limping, still had the limp and extra bandage in the 2nd, looked better in the 3rd Quater re movement but was well of pace and lucky to get a gallop up.
They kept it hush hush then - from the afl website

MEDICAL ROOM
Adelaide:
Key back Daniel Talia hobbled off the ground with a suspected right ankle injury early in the second quarter, but returned after having it strapped. Forward Jordan Gallucci also got medical attention in the second quarter with a concussion and didn't play any further part in the game. Defender Alex Keath was involved in a collision and came off the ground. He came back on, but again went to the bench soon after for treatment. Keath returned to the game in the last quarter.

Tex200

Cancelled
10k Posts Podcaster
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
The ball didn't get into our front half to find out.
Exactly - no one in our forward zone should be criticised at all for anything after half time. 13 I50’s is a disgrace and an indictment on our midfield.

Yet still, people want to pile on Jenkins, Walker, Betts etc etc.

The root cause and entire blame is with B Crouch, M Crouch, Sloane and anyone else that purported to be a midfielder that served up that slop in the 2nd half

Aug 13, 2006
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think it’s a timing thing. If you are in a serious flag window then you may be more reluctant to play the young players. We are not even close to a flag and should be taking the hit now, play all the young guys and if that means we miss the finals then so be it. It’s time the club stops accepting that making finals each year is the top priority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once again, the problem with this is the assumption that the young players will not contribute to the same level as the senior players.

Douglas has been s**t all year - I'm sure Jones could provide 14 mediocre touches a week.

Mackay has been s**t for years - how does his output this season compare to Galluci?

We do not weaken our side by playing young talent instead of mediocre club men.

Mar 21, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Exactly - no one in our forward zone should be criticised at all for anything after half time. 13 I50’s is a disgrace and an indictment on our midfield.

Yet still, people want to pile on Jenkins, Walker, Betts etc etc.

The root cause and entire blame is with B Crouch, M Crouch, Sloane and anyone else that purported to be a midfielder that served up that slop in the 2nd half
I am piling on JJ because he was putrid before half time, not after. He had more donuts than the bakery late in the 2nd quarter

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
May 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
WWTFC,Chelsea,Glasgow Celtic,Lech Poznan
Was ROB injured? Any player who is injured is never forced to stay on the field. Not in this day and age. I get the feeling you are spreading the mayo again

They kept it hush hush then - from the afl website

MEDICAL ROOM
Adelaide:
Key back Daniel Talia hobbled off the ground with a suspected right ankle injury early in the second quarter, but returned after having it strapped. Forward Jordan Gallucci also got medical attention in the second quarter with a concussion and didn't play any further part in the game. Defender Alex Keath was involved in a collision and came off the ground. He came back on, but again went to the bench soon after for treatment. Keath returned to the game in the last quarter.

I heard Rucci this morning saying Lynch may miss the rest of the season with his injury. When Hass came on TV a few weeks back and said CEY and Lynch would be back that week I thought something could come amiss.

Mar 21, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
I heard Rucci this morning saying Lynch may miss the rest of the season with his injury. When Hass came on TV a few weeks back and said CEY and Lynch would be back that week I thought something could come amiss.
Rucci stole that from Footyology podcast posted yesterday. Somebody posted on twitter asking the AFC to respond. Crickets

Aug 13, 2006
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
There was a passage of play last week (first quarter I think), where he had a dead cert 20 metres out in general play but had no left foot.

I had visions of 200 games more of that bulls**t, like we’ve had to put up with from Douglas and Mackay.

Here’s a memo to any kid aspiring to be an AFL player, especially if you’re a small player and even more especially if you don’t have Charlie Cameron-esque speed.

LEARN HOW TO KICK AND HANDBALL ON YOUR OPPOSITE SIDE OR YOU ARE NOT WORTH A PINCH OF s**t TO ANYBODY.

Why do we keep drafting small players?

scoota10

Club Legend
Nov 20, 2010
By the W/Adelaide BBQ
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
Tomorrow i would like to see Adelaide hold their forward Structure. None of this Crap with LET'S all get in the back half, because
clearly, Walker!!!!! can't out sprint them. Wouldn't it be good to see a Marking forward, standing 30 mts out from goals with a front & center with
leg speed next to him, or at least 4 forwards in the forward line at all times. the reason i ask this is, you need to kick goals to win a game
you can't, if the side is in the F@#@ing B/Line.

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Spot on. Everyone knew he'd be terrible and called it early in the week
Jenkins was terrible but so was the whole forward line. 2 players in particular have had a free pass for over 12 months of awful football but never seem to get dropped. One's our captain and the other one is living off past highlights.

OzSparrow

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Manly, Glenelg, Liverpool FC
So D-Mac slightly ahead; playing a much easier position, with much more involved in the general play.

That comparison is so unfair.

Gooch is still learning how to make coffee in the AFL and the other has spudded it up for so long now that he is damn right embarrassing to be a Life Member of the club.

Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Early in the week?

No one thought he was even playing early in the week

He made the call on SEN Nd everyone said WTF is he right to go

I love how stories grow

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
TBH when I first heard him talking up being ready to play, I genuinely just thought it was another mouthful of BS that sprays out of plenty of peoples mouths. Up until the teams were released I didn't take possible inclusion particularly seriously

Back