Maddogmetro

Premiership Player
Apr 19, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Washington Wizards
Exactly - no one in our forward zone should be criticised at all for anything after half time. 13 I50’s is a disgrace and an indictment on our midfield.

Yet still, people want to pile on Jenkins, Walker, Betts etc etc.

The root cause and entire blame is with B Crouch, M Crouch, Sloane and anyone else that purported to be a midfielder that served up that slop in the 2nd half

I remember one play in particular, I think in the last quarter.

A loose ball, Sloane and another Crow chasing the ball...Sloane points for the other player to get it (can't remember who), and just stops running. No providing an option, no gut running to get ahead and create pressure. Just stops.

Indicative of the whole second half from us

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Was ROB injured? Any player who is injured is never forced to stay on the field. Not in this day and age. I get the feeling you are spreading the mayo again

They kept it hush hush then - from the afl website

MEDICAL ROOM
Adelaide:
Key back Daniel Talia hobbled off the ground with a suspected right ankle injury early in the second quarter, but returned after having it strapped. Forward Jordan Gallucci also got medical attention in the second quarter with a concussion and didn't play any further part in the game. Defender Alex Keath was involved in a collision and came off the ground. He came back on, but again went to the bench soon after for treatment. Keath returned to the game in the last quarter.
Watch the game or just watch the 1st quarter, it was pretty obvious to most out there he received a big knock to the knee, the give away was his being station in the middle holding the knee, it was also obvious during the game with his constant rubbing of the knee and every time he was off the medico working on the knee,

Tex200

Cancelled
10k Posts Podcaster
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yep, and his output is already comparable, playing in a more difficult position.
Yeah was performing a solid role in a tough position for a 27 game player.

But of course we’d drop him after playing not even a half due to concussion and hold him accountable for a gutless, lazy midfield

Jan 31, 2010
Busan
AFL Club
Adelaide
It’s not ‘aw poor Jenkins’, it is a realisation that players can’t just flick a switch and instantly perform and that there can be extenuating circumstances to a performance such as an in game injury.

One performance hardly makes a pattern and people going off and making earlier call do more to confirm their biases over objectivity.

Lol it is definitely pattern. Have you not seen Jenkins career? My god man.

Interesting to see Rischetelli recalled for the Suns and no forced changes, not that they can make too many.

One humorous thing he said though was "We are going to back the boys in"
Both Martin & Powell are out injured.

Did you mean no unforced changes?

Heavens forbid, Jenkins offer anything up the ground to help out.
Actually he did for a while when the ball wasn't going up forward... put himself in the ruck & told ROB to go forward.

Was a poor game though.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Watch the game or just watch the 1st quarter, it was pretty obvious to most out there he received a big knock to the knee, the give away was his being station in the middle holding the knee, it was also obvious during the game with his constant rubbing of the knee and every time he was off the medico working on the knee,
Funny that he came into the game with a 3 week layoff from a knee injury

I don't doubt he got a knock. I do doubt it affected him rather than general soreness which we know he mentally struggles to cope with

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Funny that he came into the game with a 3 week layoff from a knee injury

I don't doubt he got a knock. I do doubt it affected him rather than general soreness which we know he mentally struggles to cope with
Don't care what he came into the game with, I Just watch the game live and on the replay (and Yes I had to force myself to watch that s**t a 2nd time) I watch how he moved early and notice how he was limping and favour the knee after, It was a hard hit, Knee on knee, good enough hit to force Lycett of for some interesting treatment.

May 26, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Have been busy the past few days so missed the last 60 pages!

I'll just say, weak as piss. If ever there was a week to really weild the axe this was it. Gooch gets "omitted" after gettgin knocked out in the 2nd quarter? Really so other than Douglas the player who feels the heat for our second half last week is the one player who was not on the field??

* em.

VKCrow

Club Legend
Sep 30, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Adelaide
The continual roar of that Geelong game was unbelieveable.

Oh why did it end so badly.

Who is our spark now?
Wow wow weee!

What in the world happened to us.....we were scintillating, irresistible, unstoppable.

How on God’s green earth did Lever, Cameron and McGovern walk out on us after experiencing such raw and unbridled emotion in front of 55,000 fans. I don’t get it.

2017 definitely was our peak.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Don't care what he came into the game with, I Just watch the game live and on the replay (and Yes I had to force myself to watch that s**t a 2nd time) I watch how he moved early and notice how he was limping and favour the knee after, It was a hard hit, Knee on knee, good enough hit to force Lycett of for some interesting treatment.
And yet Lycett was the driver for the win for Port. You ignore Lycett to excuse JJ.

Either both should have struggled or both played well. You cant have 2 knee knocks and have different outcomes

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
He doesn't get the ball himself or pressure the opposition (his tackle numbers are diabolical)

Sure we're getting just about every other selection decision wrong and picking Mackay ahead of him (or anyone else on the list) is ridiculous but this is a rare good call.

(I take STOs point that he should have been dropped last week if his form was so bad)

Do you think he's going to be a good AFL player?
He's another midfielder we're trying to pigeon hole in a forward role he's not massively suited for. He's quick enough to do it, but has always looked better when he has a chance to be further up the field delivering it inside.

Back