• Poll closed .

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

We're last for total distance covered, 2nd last for distance covered at high speed, deadlast for total sprints. Richmond on top of the last category almost double us.

So how are we not running over the top of the teams in the last quarters? We must be fresh as a daisy.

Ravenous Crow

Club Legend
Mar 18, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Jarryd Lyons, Vikings

We're last for total distance covered, 2nd last for distance covered at high speed, deadlast for total sprints. Richmond on top of the last category almost double us.

I wonder how much ground John Noble covered tonight. Looked like he was still running hard in the last quarter. Never been in a professional system until a couple of weeks ago.

It's almost like our terrible running statistics come from a lack of intensity and stagnant crap game plan and that good teams don't need to spend multiple years building up a player's endurance tank before they can integrate him into their system.

Tex200

Cancelled
10k Posts Podcaster
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I wonder how much ground John Noble covered tonight. Looked like he was still running hard in the last quarter. Never been in a professional system until a couple of weeks ago.

It's almost like our terrible running statistics come from a lack of intensity and stagnant crap game plan and that good teams don't need to spend multiple years building up a player's endurance tank before they can integrate him into their system.
And how the hell is Greenwood still struggling.

Jun 23, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide

So you're telling me that the club that has failed in pretty much every single clutch moment since 1998, is doing it wrong? I am shocked, completely shocked.

Sep 19, 2007
The Pub
AFL Club
Adelaide
And how the hell is Greenwood still struggling.

Burton and Hass run our fitness department, what more should we expect? They’re collective experience prior to coming to our club involved running the fitness department in a woeful Brisbane Lions outfit for a few years. In fact we pissed off a guy who had us in great shape whom had a broad range of experiences in Australia and outside of Australia, so that Roo’s mate Burton could have a high Performance manager role...

Tex200

Cancelled
10k Posts Podcaster
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
So you're telling me that the club that has failed in pretty much every single clutch moment since 1998, is doing it wrong? I am shocked, completely shocked.
A good reminder.

Savaging this current playing group for its string of chokes, shouldn’t diminish the epic chokes of the 05/06 sides.

Jun 23, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Burton and Hass run our fitness department, what more should we expect? They’re collective experience prior to coming to our club involved running the fitness department in a woeful Brisbane Lions outfit for a few years. In fact we pissed off a guy who had us in great shape whom had a broad range of experiences in Australia and outside of Australia, so that Roo’s mate Burton could have a high Performance manager role...

But why would we want to keep a guy who is now Physical Performance Manager at GWS, a guy with a PhD in exercise Science? When we could get Burton, a guy who did human movement at UniSA from 1997-2005 and still hasn't updated his Linkedin to say he works for the Crows and not the Lions.

A guy who has worked hard, who has worked his way up and continued to learn and re-learn vs a guy who took 8 years to finish a degree 14 years ago and got handed two plumb jobs because he played AFL. Nah, no boys club at the Crows.

Last edited:

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
So where does Steve Saunders fit in the scheme of things since coming on board then?

Seems to have plenty to say re the players injuries/fitness etc.

His position is classed as Science and Medical Coordinator for the Adelaide Football Club in his bio?

Simmo28

Premiership Player
Apr 23, 2014
Sydney, Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Once again, the problem with this is the assumption that the young players will not contribute to the same level as the senior players.

Douglas has been s**t all year - I'm sure Jones could provide 14 mediocre touches a week.

Mackay has been s**t for years - how does his output this season compare to Galluci?

We do not weaken our side by playing young talent instead of mediocre club men.

Yep can see that point. It’s reality though that a first year player will struggle to play 23 matches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 19, 2007
The Pub
AFL Club
Adelaide
So where does Steve Saunders fit in the scheme of things since coming on board then?

Seems to have plenty to say re the players injuries/fitness etc.

His position is classed as Science and Medical Coordinator for the Adelaide Football Club in his bio?

Ah yes, the one ace Burton had up his sleeve to come and salvage the wreck that he had created, he just happened to be good mates with Steve Saunders, who’s special injury prevention program we invested heavily in just happened to require his special touch to get it to work properly and also happened to land in our laps give he was coming back to Adelaide anyway I believe.

Also Saunders is primarily injury prevention, not so much the pure fitness/conditioning of elite athletes. Certainly he has a role in this and given how bad our hamstring epidemic had gotten it’d be no surprise if he’d essentially taken over the whole area.

So how are we not running over the top of the teams in the last quarters? We must be fresh as a daisy.

We save our hardest running for training.

Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Ah yes, the one ace Burton had up his sleeve to come and salvage the wreck that he had created, he just happened to be good mates with Steve Saunders, who’s special injury prevention program we invested heavily in just happened to require his special touch to get it to work properly and also happened to land in our laps give he was coming back to Adelaide anyway I believe.

Also Saunders is primarily injury prevention, not so much the pure fitness/conditioning of elite athletes. Certainly he has a role in this and given how bad our hamstring epidemic had gotten it’d be no surprise if he’d essentially taken over the whole area.
Saunders was already in Adelaide. A number of players including Brad Crouch were seeing him privately in 2018.

As were a lot of players including Rucciuto before Saudners left his practice in Adelaide to take up a role with North Melbourne

Was ROB injured? Any player who is injured is never forced to stay on the field. Not in this day and age. I get the feeling you are spreading the mayo again

They kept it hush hush then - from the afl website

MEDICAL ROOM
Adelaide:
Key back Daniel Talia hobbled off the ground with a suspected right ankle injury early in the second quarter, but returned after having it strapped. Forward Jordan Gallucci also got medical attention in the second quarter with a concussion and didn't play any further part in the game. Defender Alex Keath was involved in a collision and came off the ground. He came back on, but again went to the bench soon after for treatment. Keath returned to the game in the last quarter.
Did you watch the game? JJ clearly got hurt in that clash but stayed on. I’m sure he chose to stay on, though, rather than being forced.

Guy has a serious case of BRF. He looked absolutely miserable when they announced Sloane was staying while everyone was celebrating.
BRF as in Resting Bitch Face?

As @SwoopingCrow disliked this, I’d just like to clarify - what is BRF?

Last edited:

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Have a look at our kids playing SANFL. They either short people or skinny as a rake. This is all on Pyke. He has to go.
How ??

Last year we drafted smaller, quicker, more skillful players who are all very good kicks of the footy.

Before that we drafted a whole heap of KPP options, you only have to look at the side of our SANFL forwardline to see that.

And they're top of the ladder......

Back