No De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

IF YOU AGREE PLEASE POST HERE. IF YOU DON'T, DON'T.

We have problems that won't be fixed by any one player.

We have seen first hand how culture can be wrecked by one player

We have worked very very hard to fix our culture, and don't want to throw it away.

Fixing our culture involved bringing the legend that is Luke Hodge to our club. The circumstances of him coming are a once off, we can't take risks.

Let's clearly see what the collective rusted on, ridiculously over invested fans that are the bigfooty community think.

We didn’t have an issue with bad boy Martin Pike…. so maybe De Goey could be an option

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know I'd be in a small minority but if the club did their due diligence and decided to take him on I'd be all for it, at his best De Goey is an extremely damaging lowish possession (averages 18 possessions over his career) high impact player.

Getting out of the footy bubble that is Melbourne could settle him down.

Note- I would not be giving him a long and/or high dollar contract.. something like 3 years with an option/triggers met clause for a 4th with get out clauses in our favour and 550-600K per season.

Even if we ignore his off field antics. We have already got enough fwd-mids. He just simply isnt an area of need

What about if McStay moves on? 2023 forward line of >

McCarthy, Daniher, Cameron.
Bailey, Hipwood, De Goey.
I'd rather play less forwards so the stars we have there already get enough space to operate in.

I don't want to say this because a lot of people hate him but if you got him at the right price at his age and you had the right mechanisms in place I'd be sorely tempted.

The signs are emerging that what we built is slightly ebbing away. If Neale and McStay leave could be time to rebuild the ship.

I've got no idea whether DeGoey's completely irredeemable and beyond repair but he's still a young man with outstanding ability.

I just said I'd be tempted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back