List Mgmt. NO DISCUSSION. Trade and List Management: somewhat reputable rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

bobby2

Club Legend
Jun 19, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Hey guys, the trade thread is becoming a bit of a mess, so I thought I'd make one of these again. Just like last year, this thread is not for discussion. If you want to express your opinion on anything, please use the other thread. You can come here to check if there are any new rumours from the guys giving inside info. I'll update the OP with new rumours as they appear. If I miss any rumours from the other thread, please post them here and I'll add them to the OP. Also, I'm going off memory here, so if I've attributed anything to the wrong source, let me know and I'll fix it up.

Confirmed moves
Out:
Minson
Adcock (rookie)
Goetz (rookie)

Our out of contract players
Stevens

• Looking at 450k offers from Essendon and St. Kilda.
Hamling
  • Has been offered a contract at the dogs.
  • Considering an offer from Freo.
Hrovat
  • Carlton appears the most likely suitor.
M.Boyd
  • Has been offered a contract at the dogs.
Prudden
  • Will be a bulldog next year (Vital).
Rookies
Lynch
R.Smith

• Both set to remain on rookie list

Opposition players
Cloke

• Set to be traded to us. 2 year deal, not much money and late pick.
Brand
  • Has met with the dogs (a hawthorn poster, can't remember the name, sorry)
Dear
  • Can someone let me know what the rumour was here/where it came from?
Nankervis
  • We are keen (MD?)
Vardy
  • Us, Hawks and GWS interested (Herald Sun)
  • Wants to play for us (Fronk?)
  • Our second option after Nankervis (MD?)
  • Geelong want an early second rounder (MD?)
X. Richards
  • We have expressed interest (D4C?)
R. Gray
  • Might be willing to move (Mutt/radio)
Non-specific
  • We have 600k lined up in an effort to acquire an unknown interstate player (MD)
  • Beveridge said he would chase a goal kicking midfielder if starting a new team (Beveridge)
  • JMac said a while back that Hurley was plan B (Hoges64)
Not coming to bulldogs
Motlop
  • Dogs' interest has cooled after poor finals (Fronk)

Last edited:

Was it Pann or someone that mentioned Trengove from Port wanting out... And our interest?

His manager was on radio yesterday and basically said some clubs had enquire about him but he is lifeblood of Port and has no interest in moving at all. Fair to say he won't be leaving and story got mixed up to him wanting to move from other clubs wanting him to move.

I didn't say that Gray was considering moving to us. I said that a few people with good connections say that Gray might be willing to move and that Gray ticks the boxes for the type of gun recruit that Bevo said he would like. That in no way resembles "Gray to Bulldogs confirmed".

I didn't say that Gray was considering moving to us. I said that a few people with good connections say that Gray might be willing to move and that Gray ticks the boxes for the type of gun recruit that Bevo said he would like. That in no way resembles "Gray to Bulldogs confirmed".
Thanks for clarifying and sorry for misquoting- was just going off memory and there was a lot of stuff said about Gray. I've edited it now.

Thanks everyone for mentioning the stuff I've missed. New stuff is red in the OP.

confirmed: valid, established as true, accurate, settled.

Can we stop using the word as a joke? And a rumour is not confirmed, it's just that, a rumour. Often/usually started on Bigfooty. If it's media speculation, it's not confirmed either.

yeah had a chuckle at thread title too "confirmed rumour" haha. Reading through I think he just means - a rumour that can be attributed to a source - even if that source is just a BF poster.

confirmed: valid, established as true, accurate, settled.

Can we stop using the word as a joke? And a rumour is not confirmed, it's just that, a rumour. Often/usually started on Bigfooty. If it's media speculation, it's not confirmed either.
yeah had a chuckle at thread title too "confirmed rumour" haha. Reading through I think he just means - a rumour that can be attributed to a source - even if that source is just a BF poster.
Yeah, I felt the same when I was making the title, but couldn't think of a better word for it.

What about Hot Rumours?
"Hot" sounds like it's here due to how much it has been talked about. I've changed it to "somewhat reputable", because I think it strikes a reasonable balance between saying these things are generally uncertain and avoiding putting everybody's trade wish list/blatantly made up info in here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Updated OP with the following:
3 snippets of news:

1. We're into motlop and believe we're a good chance to get him to request a trade to us. We're willing to part with our first for him.

2. Jong to Gold Coast for one of their seconds as good as done.

3. Cloke deal agreed. He's a bulldog. Still trying to get confirmation on what the trade is.
Thanks Fronk

Mystery interstate player
  • We have 600k lined up in an effort to acquire an unknown interstate player (MD)

This interests me now. When I snuck a sneaky little question to Jason McCartney about Hurley, he referred to him as "Plan B". I didn't think anything of this until now....

Jon Ralph just said on SEN the dogs are interested in Marchbank, but he didn't seem to be concentrating and i don't think that's actually what he's heard. Was one of those weird flow of the conversation things to say with Finey who was hypothesising using Jong in a trade.

Stevo just said on Chanel 7 that M Boyd would receive a 12 month contract.
Thought worth putting in this thread.

Also on the VFL broadcast commentators said Adcock is retiring

Sorry for not updating this in a while- we all had better things to think about. Just updated it. Let me know if I've misquoted someone or missed some rumours and I'll fix it. As always, keep the discussion in the other thread.

Sorry for not updating this in a while- we all had better things to think about. Just updated it. Let me know if I've misquoted someone or missed some rumours and I'll fix it. As always, keep the discussion in the other thread.
Lynch/Roarke aren't being upgraded, just offered another rookie contract, as it's only a yearly contract.

I think Honeychurch's name has been bandied around also

Remove this Banner Ad

Back