News No Dwelling On Past Glories

Remove this Banner Ad

Really enjoyed reading this article. Probably more than anything I've read about the Tigers since our flags.
Whether his plans are right or wrong, I love that Yze has come out and communicated to the fans what his plans are. It's been frustrating the last couple of seasons not having any idea what the plan was.
Some people seem dead against Balta forward but I saw some really exciting traits in one of his games when he went forward late last year. At the end of the day, it's much harder to find a gun forward than it is a gun back, and he's got more talent than any of our backs (Gibcus might have a case but not yet) and all of our forwards other than Lynch.
This year's a development year. Develop things well and have some luck with injury and we play finals. There's still a lot of VERY good players on this list. If a few of his ideas fail and we miss finals, at least they've been tried and he's had a good look at the list, as well as the club having a good look at Yze and everyone can make an informed decision with a strong draft hand already in the bank.

Balta will go nuts when unleashed forward. A big bloke who can run his oppo ragged, leap high and kick a mile.
We’re too used to watching JR wrestle 2 oppos for bugger all return. Speed kills.
Lynch can take May…Fists of Fury can take Balta!!!! How good. Haha. Lever will be in the foetal position.

It’s the beginning of Richo2.0
The second ruck part is a bit weird though… don’t want him to do a knee in round 3

Also I like the idea of Shai forward, but honestly sometimes we played our best footy last year when he was racking up the clearances out of the middle. He is too good of a player to leave parked in the forward line like Charlie Cameron

Balta will go nuts when unleashed forward. A big bloke who can run his oppo ragged, leap high and kick a mile.
We’re too used to watching JR wrestle 2 oppos for bugger all return. Speed kills.
Lynch can take May…Fists of Fury can take Balta!!!! How good. Haha. Lever will be in the foetal position.
Thing is, Riewoldt is one of the smartest forwards to have played the game, and Lynch is up there too. Balta is more brawn than brains though…

Not the biggest fan of Balta playing forward, but willing to give Yze the chance to implement the game plan & positional changes he sees fit us best to return back to being a contender.

What I really like is the idea of playing Shai permanent forward with brief runs in the middle, he could become the games best small/medium forward by the end of the season.

Also reading between the lines it looks like plenty of kids are going to be gaining opportunities if their form warrants and we're already seeing Dow grasping that chance, while Sonsie Banks Brown & Trezise also look like they're in the mix.

If anything reading this article has got me even more excited for the upcoming season, because of the possibility of witnessing the green shoots of the next premiership team.
Green Shoots well we do have Teague with us

With our list where it is with a lot of champions on their last legs and lots of kids trying to find their legs I think it’s the perfect time to experiment with champion players like Bolton and Balta who are the nucleus of the next generation.
i personally wouldn’t alter Shai’s role too much bc he’s destructive and elite whether He’s midfield or forward.
Balta I don’t mind going forward as it’s a real weakness of A grade tall quality there after Lynch. I think Miller and Gibcus can step up this year in the backline

All for Balta going forward and just hope we don't abandon the pan after week two or three if it's slow coming together.
Personally, I think Balta has the makings of a great key forward.
Not nominating a specific number of matches, but I also hope that if it proves a failure that we are not too stubborn to admit it and return him to his best position. I think he has the makings of an even greater key back. .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feeling even more confident about this after yesterday.( I know it’s a w***er move to answer yourself, apologies)

Wow I can’t believe he got past premiership photos taken down in the rooms it’s a bold and great strategic move to motivate a new crop to come through and go for glory I like how he is stamping his authority and also how the team responded yesterday when being down 31 to 1 I think he is going to be great for the club

Wow I can’t believe he got past premiership photos taken down in the rooms it’s a bold and great strategic move to motivate a new crop to come through and go for glory I like how he is stamping his authority and also how the team responded yesterday when being down 31 to 1 I think he is going to be great for the club
I was also surprised the photos were taken down. Very strong move and hopefully motivates the group to make finals again under a new coach and game plan.

Time to create a new era

Last edited:
I like what Yze has done so far in terms of stamping his authority on the group. He’s in an incredibly tough position for a new coach to be in. Some aspects, like photos taken down, there’s a fine line between right and wrong.

His job is potentially more difficult than a new coach whose side had bottomed out.

Just see how it goes.

As long as chubby legs dimma is in every photo he took down im happy

don't want that mans conceited traitorous mug anywhere near the place

I like what Yze has done so far in terms of stamping his authority on the group. He’s in an incredibly tough position for a new coach to be in. Some aspects, like photos taken down, there’s a fine line between right and wrong.

His job is potentially more difficult than a new coach whose side had bottomed out.

Just see how it goes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back