News No Dwelling On Past Glories

Remove this Banner Ad

I like what Yze has done so far in terms of stamping his authority on the group. He’s in an incredibly tough position for a new coach to be in. Some aspects, like photos taken down, there’s a fine line between right and wrong.

His job is potentially more difficult than a new coach whose side had bottomed out.

Just see how it goes.
Wonder how the 15 guys left feel about it?
He talks a disrespect.
Can't get anymore disrespect towards a group if you ask me.

Wonder how the 15 guys left feel about it?
He talks a disrespect.
Can't get anymore disrespect towards a group if you ask me.
Strange take. It's not like they were thrown in the bin, I'm sure they have been hung up elsewhere. Plus he spoke to the leadership group about it beforehand.

If any of those 15 blokes felt disrespected about a photo from 7 years ago be taken down from a meeting room, then they are part of the problem. Onwards and upwards.

the whole reason I wanted someone other than Mini is this...

It's a clean slate for everyone, coaches, players, staff etc.

The club as a whole will never shun it's premiership success, but the new coach coming in and saying, we can't keep basking in the glory of 7 years ago, we have to create our new glory, it exactly what a clean start means!!!

If players can't aim to be better simply because a photo was taken down, it actually proves the point a new srat/clean slate was required, rather than anything else.

the whole reason I wanted someone other than Mini is this...

It's a clean slate for everyone, coaches, players, staff etc.

The club as a whole will never shun it's premiership success, but the new coach coming in and saying, we can't keep basking in the glory of 7 years ago, we have to create our new glory, it exactly what a clean start means!!!

If players can't aim to be better simply because a photo was taken down, it actually proves the point a new srat/clean slate was required, rather than anything else.

Bolton & Balta should be craving a few more flags to end up over taking Cotch & Riewoldt.

Strange take. It's not like they were thrown in the bin, I'm sure they have been hung up elsewhere. Plus he spoke to the leadership group about it beforehand.

If any of those 15 blokes felt disrespected about a photo from 7 years ago be taken down from a meeting room, then they are part of the problem. Onwards and upwards.
Doesn't matter if it was a pic 7yrs ago or 3yrs ago.Still part of our success.
As for speaking too the leadership.Theyre not exactly gonna go against their boss are they.
How about highlighting how we got success instead of demeaning it.

As for speaking too the leadership.Theyre not exactly gonna go against their boss are they.
The success isn't being erased. The cup is still in the cabinet, just not in the Richmond room where they strategize for 2024 and beyond.

Wasnt it just a photo?

My parents no longer have photos of me as a child hanging up on their wall, does that mean they are erasing and demeaning my childhood?

The action symbolises a clean slate to me. A strong message of selection hope to the kids.
A boot up the ass for the ol timers. Hopefully it reinvigorates the club.
Hopefully new game plan sees Dimma/Mini's flag faves as no longer walk up starts.
I'd be happy to see the back of another 3 or 4 flag heroes if they don't fit a new coach
Graham, KMac, Grimes.

mcrae in 2022

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In fairness he never said he was burnt out. I reckon that started with Caro.

It's pretty clear his message was not getting through to the players like it used to.
if he never used the actual words he definitely ran with it as a convenient narrative

In fairness he never said he was burnt out. I reckon that started with Caro.

It's pretty clear his message was not getting through to the players like it used to.
That is a real taint licking way of trying to stick up for Hardwick. He literally said:

If I couldn't give 100 per cent, there was no way I was going to coach the footy club.

If I couldn't give this playing group, this club, these people beside me the very best of Damien Hardwick, I wasn't prepared to see it out.

The biggest thing on my plate at the moment is just to decompress … I just need a break,

All those statements together in the same speech equal "I am burnt out" with out actually saying it. If you or anyone else doesn't come to that conclusion then you are just being willfully ignorant. It would be like saying "Well Hitler never actually said he hated Jews" Well all his actions and other rhetoric did

That is a real taint licking way of trying to stick up for Hardwick. He literally said:

All those statements together in the same speech equal "I am burnt out" with out actually saying it. If you or anyone else doesn't come to that conclusion then you are just being willfully ignorant. It would be like saying "Well Hitler never actually said he hated Jews" Well all his actions and other rhetoric did
sick.

A good move by Yze. This isn't only about stepping into the new era. It's also because there are a growing number of players in our club who weren't part of those Premierships. Those Premiership pictures don't relate to them.

We need to start with a clean slate in terms of team selections and not prefer Premiership players over non-Premiership players. This probably is Yze's way of symbolising the clean slate. I like it.

Besides, he didn't throw it away so it's still at our club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back