Society/Culture No Father's Day...because Diversity

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
The growing diversity in the forms that families take, and a lack of interest in the occasion from kids themselves, have seen it pass without a mention in many classes this year.​

Apparently, at Annie Dennis Children’s Centre in Northcote that 'recognises the diversity in children’s family situations' they didn't celebrate Father’s Day this year because the kids simply weren’t interested.

Hold on, we are talking about four year olds. They only know about Father's Day because their carers tell them about it. They won't 'be interested' if the carer has the attitude

We don’t bring up Father’s Day because there are children with single and same-sex parents here​
Some kids have RCD, some have no dad and some are from cultures where Father’s Day isn’t really a thing.​

How about the majority of kids who do have a Dad? How about the kids who have two Dads? And why are we changing our culture to suit immigrants rather than them adapt to our ways?

As a Dad of three I've treasured every crappy present and card my kids have given me over the years. Probably up to six 'best Dad' mugs. I've got milk cartons with bits of paper and wools taped to them. I've kept every single card which is a historic record of their handwriting and increasing maturity.

Maybe the Age story was clickbait but * them if it was.

8376758-3x2-940x627.jpg

Filled in as "dad" for my 5 yo nephew at his primary school father's day breakfast on Fri, as his old man was working overseas. Was glad to hear they still hold functions at the school for father's and mother's days.

There were a couple of kids there with their mum instead. No dad? Same sex parents? Who cares, get along with it and join in with the majority.

Why do not change it to "I HAVE A utensil AND ACTUALLY INSEMINATED TO CREATE OUR CHILDREN LIKE A RAGING BULL :BUT WILL HIDE MY GLORIOUS utensil BEHIND MY THIGHS LIKE BUFFALO BILL IN SILENCE OF THE LAMBS TO APPEASE All NON utensil HAVERS DAD DAY?"

But that would be hard to get on a greeting card admittedly.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The growing diversity in the forms that families take, and a lack of interest in the occasion from kids themselves, have seen it pass without a mention in many classes this year.​

Apparently, at Annie Dennis Children’s Centre in Northcote that 'recognises the diversity in children’s family situations' they didn't celebrate Father’s Day this year because the kids simply weren’t interested.

Hold on, we are talking about four year olds. They only know about Father's Day because their carers tell them about it. They won't 'be interested' if the carer has the attitude

We don’t bring up Father’s Day because there are children with single and same-sex parents here​
Some kids have RCD, some have no dad and some are from cultures where Father’s Day isn’t really a thing.​

How about the majority of kids who do have a Dad? How about the kids who have two Dads? And why are we changing our culture to suit immigrants rather than them adapt to our ways?

As a Dad of three I've treasured every crappy present and card my kids have given me over the years. Probably up to six 'best Dad' mugs. I've got milk cartons with bits of paper and wools taped to them. I've kept every single card which is a historic record of their handwriting and increasing maturity.

Maybe the Age story was clickbait but fu** them if it was.
Was it all about one centre, in Northcote?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back