Autopsy No Fyfe, No Problem Freo by 12 - Rd 15

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought Schultz had the biggest clangers in terms of unforced errors on the weekend. His 3 goals made him a valuable player and the commentators mentioned his runs off the ball and pressure.

Sometimes it seems like he can't judge the depth of his kick when delivering inside 50m and he hits it directly to an opposition player. There was one on the boundary where he returned a poor kick from a Collingwood player by kicking it out on the full at half forward and one in the centre where he turned in space, saw a loose player on the edge of the 50m square and then grubbered it along the ground.

The frustrating thing is there are times when has pulled out the occasional elite delivery.

Some thoughts
1. Our Centre bounce structure is too slow. He to get somebody who is quick.
2. Cerra had no impact in the Centre bounces. I think its mainly to the structure of the Centre bounce. He plays as the outsider. He is better suited to either the inside or inside/outside. Better for him to start off a wing. In open play or ground contested ball Cerra was a gun.
3. Wilson run and carry cleared the zone defense and created a lot of scoring.
4. Henry is showing the things that made a top 10 pick.

I don't have the stat but it seems that a lot of turnovers resulted from Treacy closing down space.

Just massive for a tall to do that.

I've watched game twice now. Treacy up until and through those last crucial minutes was constantly pressuring a Pie at kick point, resulting in a brum kick from the oppo. So effective.

He'll only continue to get better for us.

Thought Schultz had the biggest clangers in terms of unforced errors on the weekend. His 3 goals made him a valuable player and the commentators mentioned his runs off the ball and pressure.

Sometimes it seems like he can't judge the depth of his kick when delivering inside 50m and he hits it directly to an opposition player. There was one on the boundary where he returned a poor kick from a Collingwood player by kicking it out on the full at half forward and one in the centre where he turned in space, saw a loose player on the edge of the 50m square and then grubbered it along the ground.

The frustrating thing is there are times when has pulled out the occasional elite delivery.
Watch the game again please and look at his efforts all over the ground not just forward .
He is inspirational and one of the hardest working footballers I have ever seen.
His goals were well deserved.

He’s not perfect. If that’s what you’re saying, then I agree with you.

Bewley did some good things but he’s just a terrible kick in open space. It’s like he picks out an opponent & delivers it lace out.
I hope it’s fixable as he’s showing a bit otherwise & he was clutch at the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bewley did some good things but he’s just a terrible kick in open space. It’s like he picks out an opponent & delivers it lace out.

His match last weekend was excellent. I remember him killing preseason then nothing. Seems a different beast this year. Much tougher, more contested. Similar in wafl too.

Two situations he kick it to the advantage of Collingwood players.

First, two on two and kick it away from Lobb to the advantage of the pies defenders.

Second, he had Colyer on the coutside of him and another 10 minutes in front both in space. Instead he kicked it long to a 2 on 1 disadvantage that resulted in an intercept mark.

He’s not perfect. If that’s what you’re saying, then I agree with you.

Yeah. He's played 37 games now, but there's scope for Schultz to be up with the best small forwards this club has had if he could be more consistent with that field kicking, because sometimes he's shown he can - like in the last quarter against Adelaide. Also think that this season he has been a bit sharper with some snaps around goals.

Better than a goals only highlight package any day of the week

Yep love this stuff. I wonder if there is a sting relationship between the number of one percenters and winning games?
To me it seems teams that do this stuff the most win flags

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back