No Glendinning medal = about time

Remove this Banner Ad

I call bs on that. To connect the two seems over the top.

Presumably so they could use the presentation as an advertising opportunity, as well as print Derby stuff all over their products - I still have a freebie stubbie holder I got with a carton once. We managed the first 6 years without a medal or trophy.

So Rosich is saying the whole medal idea was created by/for the Carlton Mid sponsorship contract?
Yes, he was saying that the name "Ross Glendinning Medal" was a part of the contractual obligations of the sponsorship. So long as that sponsorship contr
To be honest I think a derby trophy & a BOG medal for a regular season is crap. I am not in favour of any trophies or medals for regular season games. The are all a bit "participation award-ish" to me.
Yep, it just makes the game out to somehow special when it really isn't.
The only thing that matters this weekend is 4 points. We don't magically get more just because we beat a same-state team.

Do you think the coaches wanted to be rolled out for a press conference in the red hats in front of the signs behind?

Then the same signs at the trophy and medal presentation?

It was all an exposure game.

I think the company coming on board to sponsor it should have the naming rights for the term of the sponsorship.

Gillette Derby Medal
Huggies Derby Medal
Woolworths Derby Medal
Woodside Derby Medal

Etc

Line starts here, offers begin at $250,000 for naming rights per year, three year Max terms

No takers? Starlight Foundation Derby Medal 2018 it is

Do you think the coaches wanted to be rolled out for a press conference in the red hats in front of the signs behind?

Then the same signs at the trophy and medal presentation?

It was all an exposure game.

I think the company coming on board to sponsor it should have the naming rights for the term of the sponsorship.

Gillette Derby Medal
Huggies Derby Medal
Woolworths Derby Medal
Woodside Derby Medal

Etc

Line starts here, offers begin at $250,000 for naming rights per year, three year Max terms

Might as well make our home games a McGrath Foundation match. Away side wears pink.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gillette Derby Medal
Huggies Derby Medal
Woolworths Derby Medal
Woodside Derby Medal

Etc

:think:
11822322_848732568530164_2726992482086807053_n.jpg

Got to say that I am pleased they told them to piss off if the self entitled scum didn't want to add a freo name to the medal. It is and was stupid that the medal was named after a recognised wce person. Even the Sumich medal would have made more sense given ties to South and his time as a coach but he isn't popular enough.

The simple answer is one that has been suggested - first captains of each club = ross and ben.

Either way - bloody happy the medal isn't named after an eagle anymore.

As for Nisbett - he has as much credibility now as he does the day he and worsfold sat in front of media and said they had no idea about the drug problems in the club or that ben was using....

I could be in the minority, and I understand on the surface it’s a corporate decision, but it looks a bit petty from Freo. Why change something now that’s been going on since day dot?

I don’t have a big issue with it.

Agreed. Super petty. So what he supports west coast? Get over it. Absolute weak campaigners.

Well done Freo Management .... the weagles can take their Glendenning medal and shove it up their A--E.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back