No Glendinning medal = about time

Remove this Banner Ad

So, as it turns out, "Eagle Ross" only played 40 games for the filth.

When the dual named medal is struck, we should perhaps aim for a player of similar service for our half.

• On 38 Games we have Trent Croad, Ashley Prescott and Winnie Abraham.
  • On 41 games we have Chris Bond and Kingsley Hunter.

Chris Bond has spent a lot of time in other roles at the club, probably more than "Eagle Ross" has done for the others. But is Bondy highly enough regarded by the movers and shakers? Perhaps not.

Another angle we could take is to be more strategic with our half of the name.

If the Eagles insist on having "Ross Glendinning" first then perhaps we could call our half "is an arsehole"

Imagine the commentators having to call the presentation of the "Ross Glendinning is an arsehole" medal.

If we get the first half then we could go with "Everyone hates..."

Yeah, he was an excellent player. I will say in the era he played CHB it was widely considered the easiest position on the ground to play, because of how the game was played. But he was dominant.

Yeah, he was an excellent player. I will say in the era he played CHB it was widely considered the easiest position on the ground to play, because of how the game was played. But he was dominant.
WA has had some amazing footballers, but the reality is that Fyfe could be the first dual Brownlow winner
from this state.
As for tradition, history it would be a travesty if in the future his name isn't aligned with something.
As for the coasters, if South and East Fremantle had been allowed to join the AFl first, instead they set
up a state team.

WA has had some amazing footballers, but the reality is that Fyfe could be the first dual Brownlow winner
from this state.
As for tradition, history it would be a travesty if in the future his name isn't aligned with something.
As for the coasters, if South and East Fremantle had been allowed to join the AFl first, instead they set
up a state team.
The stadium doesn't have stand names yet, but eventually it will and that's where I see Fyfe fitting in.

So, as it turns out, "Eagle Ross" only played 40 games for the filth.

When the dual named medal is struck, we should perhaps aim for a player of similar service for our half.

• On 38 Games we have Trent Croad, Ashley Prescott and Winnie Abraham.
  • On 41 games we have Chris Bond and Kingsley Hunter.

Chris Bond has spent a lot of time in other roles at the club, probably more than "Eagle Ross" has done for the others. But is Bondy highly enough regarded by the movers and shakers? Perhaps not.

Another angle we could take is to be more strategic with our half of the name.

If the Eagles insist on having "Ross Glendinning" first then perhaps we could call our half "is an arsehole"

Imagine the commentators having to call the presentation of the "Ross Glendinning is an arsehole" medal.

If we get the first half then we could go with "Everyone hates..."
Wouldn't it be fun if we put up a no-name. Say Sylvia, so becomes the Glendinning-Sylvia medal.

It would embarrass Glendinning to have his name associated with the medal but more so a big up yours to the Eagles and Media.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is O'Donnell the only member of the WAFC board that isn't a western suburbs eagles stooge?
The WAFC can get ****** and if the prick Glendinning is anywhere near the podium on the weekend I'll boo til I am hoarse

Please don't. Why would you do that?

Because Nisbett and McHenry are likely to be hiding down in the changerooms
Glendinning has had nothing to do with this whole debacle this week. The Fremantle Club initiated this conversation this week, and the WA media were the one's that hit back about it. No need to humiliate an old man being asked to present a medal with his name on it. Very classless thing to do.

Glendinning has had nothing to do with this whole debacle this week. The Fremantle Club initiated this conversation this week, and the WA media were the one's that hit back about it. No need to humiliate an old man being asked to present a medal with his name on it. Very classless thing to do.

You're right, we should be nothing but grateful for his, the Eagles and the WAFC's conduct towards us in the past, including this week. What was I thinking.

You're right, we should be nothing but grateful for his, the Eagles and the WAFC's conduct towards us in the past, including this week. What was I thinking.
I'm sure you can find some sensible middle ground between "being grateful" and "booing til I'm hoarse"

I think I'll probably end up doing what I feel like and just suffer through the pain of knowing you disapprove
We can't as a fanbase boo someone over a freaking home and away best on ground medal, and then have the audacity to turn around and tell off other fanbases over booing equally trivial things.

I think if people want to boo Glendinning then they are more than entitled to. This has his fingerprints all over it. I reckon he feels slighted that FFC don't really care about the medal. And I don't at all get the impression he's a humble man who wouldn't care either way - his overruling the award to give it to Gardiner demonstrates his ego. So I say * him and his medal. He's not bigger than the game. He needs to grow up.

Just rename it the Western Derby medal for BOG and be done with it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back